New cheat patch

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Slower
Engineer
Engineer

New cheat patch

Post by Slower »

Hello,
I have programmed feature with new cheat available in the single player game. It disables penalty for (un)loading for over sized train in station.
Attachments
cheat.patch
against commit r25186
(4.91 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New cheat patch

Post by Supercheese »

Seems reasonable enough -- I actually hard-remove (comment out) this loading speed penalty in my custom-compiled OTTD, so a soft-remove like this would be an improvement. Without actually patching and compiling, I offer this suggestion:

For the cheat menu text, rather than "Long trains will not get penalty in stations", I would phrase it more like "Disable loading speed penalty for trains longer than stations".
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Slower
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Slower »

Thanks for advises, I never know how should I describe the funcionality in few words :)
Attachments
cheat2.patch
against r25189
(8.61 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

You should probably submit this to Flyspray (http://bugs.openttd.org/), I'm pretty sure that's the preferred process for reviewing patches if you want to have them considered for trunk inclusion. :)
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Regarding the patch, you should omit the changes to projects/openttd_vs100vcxproj in your patch. Those appear to only be local for compilation on your system. Thus they shouldn't be included in the patch.

Eg. do

Code: Select all

svn diff src > my.patch
or in case of mercurial queues:

Code: Select all

hg qdiff src > my.patch

With mercurial patch queues, I usually put a patch at the start of the queue which contain removal of DirectMusic. This way, I make sure none of my real patches contain changes to the project files.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Slower
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Slower »

Oh, sorry, I've forgotten to omit project file. Should I create the task on FS? or is the patch post this way fine too?
Attachments
cheat.patch
r25193
(4.92 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

general rule: post here if you want more feedback from players, post on flyspray if you want more feedback from developers (but try to have this as "finished" as possible before doing so)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”