To tweak or not to tweak ... TGP Parameters v9.8

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: To tweak or not to tweak ... TGP Parameters v9.8

Post by ChillCore »

For the peeps expecting an update for the gui version, I am afraid I will have to ask you to be patient a litle while longer as attached patch is an update for the light version.
I can assure that your patience will be rewarded as the light version should provide a much more solid base to rewrite the gui version on.

I fixed a few more errors and adjusted my comments somewhat so that it is easier to understand why some things are the way they are.
If you happen to see anything wrong at all, no matter how minor(*), please report so I can fix it and declare the light version finished.

I added some numbering to the patches also to make it easier to see what comes first.
Patches 01, 02 and 03 are the optional ones; patches 10, 20 and 30 are the actual tuning and fixing.

I may have one more patch to add to this version to replace a few magic values (smoothness settings and such), but not all of them just yet.
The same values in tgp.cpp do not always have the same meaning and in order to not make errors I may regret later I will do those in a later in the gui version, if not as a sepperate patch completely.

(*)Including comments that may confuse you or are not clear enough for you to understand at first glance.

Edit:
Patch 40 goes on top of 30.

Edit2:
Tgen light patches removed from all over to keep the tread cleaner-ish.
Latest version available in first post's attachments; this way it will be easier to find later on. ;)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Posted to do some testing.

Try and recreate the screenshot using the heightmap.
I will not tell you the heighlevel I used during mapgen to create the screenshot/heightmap; for now that is. ;)
I do have a scenario to check if the maps are exactly the same and I will post that too, later. ;)
Attachments
no_indications_heightmap.png
no_indications_heightmap.png (3.67 KiB) Viewed 1156 times
no_indications_screenie.png
(197.29 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Hey Chill...i supose you wanted people to try that heightmap.

Here is my screenie :
screenshot#4.png
(66.85 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
max height used is 50

Return to “OpenTTD Development”