[Patchpack] r24122 + some patches v0.04a

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Patchpack] r24122 + some patches v0.04

Post by supermop »

Same thing happened to me last night with a boat.
J0anJosep
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by J0anJosep »

Do not mind looking for the bug on slim timetables separation or others. It comes from part of my patch. It was an obvious one, but I didn't see it. I think the .diff I attach is enough to solve the problem.
Attachments
order_lists_types_bug.diff
(325 Bytes) Downloaded 98 times
Formerly known as Juanjo
Dewin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dewin »

I spent a few hours re-dabbling with MSVC and managed to get a binary built with your patch and can confirm it at least fixes the test case.

If a proper fixed binary isn't posted in a couple days I'll see about packaging this one correctly, GPL-correctness and all. Otherwise it's too much work for a one-line fix when my compiler is only sort of working.
handrake
Engineer
Engineer

Post by handrake »

Thank you all for reporting and posting a proposed fix. I've applied the fix and uploaded the binary.
Eisenbaehr
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [Patchpack] r24122 + some patches v0.04a

Post by Eisenbaehr »

An other assertiation fails (r24122).

Code: Select all

535 of src/aaa_template_vehicle_func.cpp: !part_of_chain || new_head->IsPrimaryVehicle()
After loading the crash.sav, it happens a few seconds later again... three times at 1968-08-23.

I'm afraid to say that the first one happens one times again.

181 of src/core/smallvec_type.hpp: item >= this->Begin() && item < this->End()
Attachments
assertiation-failes-2012-05-01.rar
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 95 times
handrake
Engineer
Engineer

Post by handrake »

Eisenbaehr wrote:An other assertiation fails (r24122).

535 of src/aaa_template_vehicle_func.cpp: !part_of_chain || new_head->IsPrimaryVehicle()
After loading the crash.sav, it happens a few seconds later again... three times at 1968-08-23.

I'm afraid to say that the first one happens one times again.

181 of src/core/smallvec_type.hpp: item >= this->Begin() && item < this->End()
Thanks for reporting. I'll look into it and see what I can do.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Firstly, thanks for making this patchpack! I spent a while trying to do something similar, but I only managed to break everything :oops: .

Assorted bugs to report...

- 'Manual separation' in the timetable patch uses stupidly large numbers. Might be (no. of days) x (ticks per minute for the destination boards), the numbers seem to almost work. I also managed to crash the game by trying to enter a time in days - I can provide the crash files if you want.

- The timetable patch breaks when using the date cheat. This is presumably not your problem.

- When using the group gui to re-arrange groups (or perhaps doing it by hand too, I haven't checked), multiple groups with the same number show in the template-replacement page.

- Template-replace doesn't send trains to depot as autoreplace does. Is that a setting I can change, or deliberate, or a bug?

That's all I've found so far... :P . Thanks.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Metem
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Metem »

Thanks for the pack. Been enjoying it immensely.

I've noticed that the Template Replacement tool leads to crashes when playing multiplayer. I'll try and reproduce it later for a more detailed description (it was like 2AM when I was doing it and I couldn't be bothered.)
orcaz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by orcaz »

Hi,

Thanks for the pack.

I had crashes that say "out of memory". I found in this thread that this is more likely that
it was compiled for 32bit, not 64bit.

Can you or someone compile this for Win 64bit?

I tried to compile but no luck.

Thanks for the pack again.
Muzzly
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Muzzly »

@orcaz. Here is 64bit version of openttd-handrake-patchpack-004a

Report all bugs only to this thread !

In order to play you also need to download:
OpenGFX (graphics),
OpenSFX (sound) and
OpenMSX (music)

Compiling warnings:

4>..\src\aaa_template_gui_replaceall.cpp(173): warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
4>..\src\aaa_template_gui_replaceall.cpp(263): warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
4>..\src\aaa_template_gui_replaceall.cpp(369): warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
4>..\src\aaa_template_gui_replaceall.cpp(384): warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
4>..\src\aaa_template_gui_replaceall.cpp(406): warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
4>..\src\linkgraph\linkgraph.cpp(140): warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'const int', possible loss of data
4>..\src\strings.cpp(1204): warning C4800: 'uint8' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
4>..\src\strings.cpp(1213): warning C4800: 'uint8' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
4>..\src\vehicle.cpp(826): warning C4800: 'OrderDepotActionFlags' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
4>..\src\filter_lists.h(51): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'uint', possible loss of data
4>..\src\filter_lists.h(51): warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'uint', possible loss of data
4>..\src\group_details_gui.cpp(124): warning C4180: qualifier applied to function type has no meaning; ignored
4>..\src\group_details_gui.cpp(537): warning C4180: qualifier applied to function type has no meaning; ignored
4>..\src\timetable_gui.cpp(790): warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
Attachments
openttd-hpp-r24122-v0.04a-x64.rar
handrake patchpack 004a (r24122) x64
(4.87 MiB) Downloaded 107 times
orcaz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by orcaz »

@Muzzly

Thank you..
Paasky
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Paasky »

I thought I'd post here as a thank you for actually including a binary of your patchpack. Got it and after making sure all my settings were set up nicely, I loaded up my old save-game and after a little while had this:
:shock:

Then again it is the center-point of my long- (http://i.imgur.com/7LwRm.png) & short-distance (http://i.imgur.com/jINHb.png) networks :P

So yeah, huge thanks to everyone who has made these patches, and thanks to you handbrake for bothering keeping an up-to-date binary up for us compiling-challenged ;)
lugo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lugo »

Me and some friends of mine really enjoy playing with your patchpack, esp. in multiplayer.
So what's absolutely missing, from our perspective, is the IS patch.
Someone, well dadymax, updated it to a revision very near to were you started your patchpack. So you might want to check it out here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 3#p1008843.

So thanks again, handrake, for all the effort you've already put into this!

EDIT: some crash after trying to add a new group in the vehicles window. Files attached.
Attachments
crash.dmp
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 93 times
crash.png
(214.21 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
nicfer
Director
Director

Post by nicfer »

May I suggest Minimum Town Distance? If it's even updatable, that's it.
Sorry for my english I am argentinian
TTO don't crashes in Windows XP; XP crashes TTO

Formerly known as UnderBuilder.

MyMiniCity
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Lovely work you did on this patchpack Handrake! :bow:

But I was wondering if it could be updated to a bit more modern revision, specifically a revision more modern than r24402. As from that release a bug in Openttd has been fixed, so that makes some features in GRF's I have created work as they should. This is the custom tunnelentrance GRF: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=61447 And I would like to make some custom tunnel entrances for Chunnels.

Furthermore a little request to also include the Trafficlights patch: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=36261
But that is just because I like them ;-)

Altogether, keep up the great work!
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”