New map features

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

cirdan
Director
Director

Re: New map features

Post by cirdan »

romazoon wrote:
cirdan wrote:Since any such road is a dead end
that s quite surprising as there is only humans players in that game, so i m quite surprised we putted a roadvehicule in such the position you describe !!
See the attached screenshot; it is from Sala de los Pequeños, and you can see two dead ends right under the bridge.
romazoon wrote:a release party ? well i bring a new crash...but a train crash this time, two trains collided for no reason(a newspaper told me)...so i reloaded last save and waited for the exact date to see if it happens again and why. it was a train reserving a path and going, then in a a blink of an eye the reservation is canceled , at this moment where path is not reserved, it allow another train to start and crash!
Now, this one was tricky to debug, because it required precise timing. Trains could lose their reservation when another train behind them attempted to enter the same block at the right (wrong?) time. A fix for this is in the repo, but I wonder if I should have waited for your next bug report...? :-)
Hafting wrote:When I start the game, I get: "The currently used base set is missing a number of sprites. Please update the base graphichs set". I have zbase, and cannot see anything missing when I start a game. Openttd 1.4.4 does not give this message.
This is to be expected. For this purpose, you should not be comparing my branch to openttd 1.4.4, but to openttd trunk.
Hafting wrote:I can start games. I use FIRS, and get "There were no suitable places for 'Builders yard' industries". Strange, but the game will work without those. I don't get that from openttd-1.4,4 either.
That warning was added to openttd trunk after 1.4 was forked, if I recall correctly, so my advice above applies here, too. Moreover, it is a warning that depends on world generation, which is random, so you may or may not get it depending on the generated map.
Hafting wrote:Trying to bring up the "Game Options" dialog always crash. There is no need to even start a game, just click "Game Options" and it dies. "Game options" from within the game also crashes. Other dialogs seems to work.
We have been using this branch for months and such a crash is unlikely to slip unnoticed for so long, so my guess is some bug related to unicode, since you are enabling unicode support and, as far as I know, nobody else is. I will try to look into this.
Hafting wrote:The terrain generator seems to operate differently, generating much more sea than usual. I use 512x512 maps. If I set custom sea level to 20%, I still gets lots of sea, perhaps similiar to 60% sea in 1.4.4. Not a problem for me, I like games with lots of shipping. But it seems like I cannot get the terrain generator to make land-only games, which used to be easy enough. Using standard sea levels instead of percentages shows the same - a lot more sea than usual.
I did not deliberately change anything in the map generator, so this strikes me as odd. I will see what I can do.
Hafting wrote:Another oddity is with the lighthouses. Normally, they are spread all over the map (but always close to the sea). With "new map features", the lighthouses seems to cluster along the lower left and right edges of the map. Islands there get perhaps 8 lighthouses in a row, with no lighthouses on any central or upper islands. Problems with placement code?
I did touch some code related to the placement of lighthouses, so this may be my fault.
Hafting wrote:Now the crash. When making a map, I can choose if the edges should be sea-only or not. This works fine if at least some edges are set to sea-only. If none of the map edges are sea-only, the terrain generator (Terra Genesis) crashes. Problem with slopes on the map edges?
Map generation saw a lot of changes when the maximum height level was increased ("more height levels"). I cherry-picked them cleanly for the most part, but my branch offers more options for map generation than openttd trunk, so there may be some unforeseen interaction. Could you tell me what parameters you are using for map generation?

Thank you for your detailed reports.
Attachments
underbridge.png
underbridge.png (28.75 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

cirdan wrote:A fix for this is in the repo, but I wonder if I should have waited for your next bug report...?
Great job on finding the bug, thanks. and you did well to not wait to push the fix, i haven t triggered more bug/crash yet ;) will wait for wally's release to try further ;)

and for sala de los pequenos, i m glad you putted a screenie i was still wondering what was happening exactly ;) an image worth 1000 words is really true !
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

romazoon wrote: will wait for wally's release to try further ;)
I'm still on my single core processor machine so it will be a couple of hours. The fan for my quad core machine was ordered a week ago and is on a slow boat from China and probably won't be here for several weeks. :P
TrueSatan
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TrueSatan »

Hey that fast Cirdan produces bugfixes now, I guess I need an autocompile
and upload for nmf :)
Thanks again, Linux version as usual from me.
Attachments
openttd-custom-g25963a85-UNIX.tar.xz
Version:g25963a85
Ubuntu 14.04 64bit
(4.61 MiB) Downloaded 37 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

All right! Stand back! We have a delivery truck arriving! :o

OK Sam! Back 'er up ... [beep,beep,beep,beep,beep,beep,beep] ... [BANG] :shock:
oops ... there goes another loading dock ... :roll:

but look what slid off the tail gate ... 8)
OpenTTD-g25963a85-Win32.7z
(5.27 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
I hope nobody expects a guarantee after that delivery. :mrgreen:
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

oh sweet ! let's restart testing!

Thanks wally

edit : the huge and full of surprise savegame is running without a crash or anytrouble so far since more than an hour and half playing it as SP. I can t wait to start multiplayer with it :mrgreen: (so who's in for joining me for MP with Cirdan's version and when ? I should be able to host the game )
Hafting
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hafting »

cirdan wrote:
Hafting wrote:I can start games. I use FIRS, and get "There were no suitable places for 'Builders yard' industries".
That warning was added to openttd trunk after 1.4 was forked, if I recall correctly, so my advice above applies here, too. Moreover, it is a warning that depends on world generation, which is random, so you may or may not get it depending on the generated map.
Well, I got the warning on every map generation. And there were plenty of room for these industries. 'Builders yards' are small, and placed on flat land close to towns. There were lots of such space available, I choose a 'very flat' landscape. It may very well be a trunk problem though - I'll test trunk someday then.
cirdan wrote:
Hafting wrote:Trying to bring up the "Game Options" dialog always crash. There is no need to even start a game, just click "Game Options" and it dies.
We have been using this branch for months and such a crash is unlikely to slip unnoticed for so long, so my guess is some bug related to unicode, since you are enabling unicode support and, as far as I know, nobody else is. I will try to look into this.
I tought unicode was useful for non-ascii names, which is common in languages other than english. But I recompiled without unicode. I can still use characters like "æøå". Unfortunately the game still crashes:

Code: Select all

./configure --CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native" --CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=native" --enable-unicode=0
make clean
make -j 5
make install
/usr/local/games/openttd
I dismissed the warning about "missing graphics in the base set" and clicked the settings button. Crash report:

*** OpenTTD Crash Report ***

Crash at: Thu Nov 13 11:59:01 2014
In game date: 2051-05-09 (27)

Crash reason:
 Signal:  Aborted (6)

Binary:
 Version:    g5bcea3d0 (0)
 NewGRF ver: 150064d0
 Build date: Nov 13 2014 12:53:32
 Flags:      64-bit little-endian

Stacktrace:
 [00] /usr/local/games/openttd(_ZNK12CrashLogUnix13LogStacktraceEP7stringb+0x68)
 [0x73b888]
 [01] /usr/local/games/openttd(_ZNK8CrashLog12FillCrashLogEP7stringb+0x11e) [0x6
2264e]
 [02] /usr/local/games/openttd(_ZNK8CrashLog12MakeCrashLogEv+0xa4) [0x622e84]
 [03] /usr/local/games/openttd() [0x73b705]
 [04] /usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x339f0) [0x7f168b9e39f0]
 [05] /usr/lib/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x37) [0x7f168b9e3967]
 [06] /usr/lib/libc.so.6(abort+0x16a) [0x7f168b9e4d3a]
 [07] /usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x73413) [0x7f168ba23413]
 [08] /usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x7884e) [0x7f168ba2884e]
 [09] /usr/lib/libc.so.6(+0x7900b) [0x7f168ba2900b]
 [10] /usr/local/games/openttd(_Z15ShowGameOptionsv+0x408) [0x7d4cb8]
 [11] /usr/local/games/openttd(_Z17HandleMouseEventsv+0x1309) [0x87edc9]
 [12] /usr/local/games/openttd(_ZN15VideoDriver_SDL9PollEventEv+0x6d) [0x86477d]
 [13] /usr/local/games/openttd(_ZN15VideoDriver_SDL8MainLoopEv+0x70) [0x864ac0]
 [14] /usr/local/games/openttd(_Z12openttd_mainiPPc+0x1581) [0x72afd1]
 [15] /usr/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf0) [0x7f168b9d0040]
 [16] /usr/local/games/openttd() [0x576fce]

Operating system:
 Name:     Linux
 Release:  3.15.0-rc8-ARCH
 Version:  #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Aug 14 16:15:10 CEST 2014
 Machine:  x86_64
 Compiler: GCC 4.9.2 "4.9.2"

Configuration:
 Blitter:      32bpp-sse4-anim
 Graphics set: zBase (251)
 Language:     /usr/local/share/games/openttd/lang/norwegian_bokmal.lng
 Music driver: extmidi
 Music set:    NoMusic (0)
 Network:      no
 Sound driver: sdl
 Sound set:    NoSound (2)
 Video driver: sdl

Fonts:
 Small:  DejaVu Sans
 Medium: DejaVu Sans
 Large:  DejaVu Sans
 Mono:   sprite

AI Configuration (local: 0):
  0: Human

Libraries:
 FontConfig: 2.11.1
 FreeType:   2.5.3
 ICU:        54.1
 LZMA:       5.0.7
 LZO:        2.08
 PNG:        1.6.13
 SDL:        1.2.15
 Zlib:       1.2.8

---- gamelog start ----
Tick 62675: Load game
    Conversion from OTTD savegame without gamelog, version 0, 1
    Revision text changed to g5bcea3d0, savegame version 22, not modified, newgr
f version 0x150064d0
    New game mode 0, landscape 1
    Added NewGRF: GRF ID 33325A43, checksum 8767596EEC0C25A41B060D834C356402, fi
lename: 32bpp_ez-0.1.grf (md5sum matches)
    Added NewGRF: GRF ID 44440A01, checksum FCEEC76CF44EC23E7FE9C88048CF11CC, fi
lename: av8_aviators_aircraft_set-2.21/pb_av8w.grf (md5sum matches)
    Added NewGRF: GRF ID F1250005, checksum 6B9F2DD07EFA14B7A5FE5F2150A10F80, filename: firs.grf (md5sum matches)
    Added NewGRF: GRF ID 52571201, checksum 9548AAA21E5B7E8168B3B19EF8290A83, filename: grvts32.grf (md5sum matches)
    Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4A430002, checksum 658BE666D7F1EAA7D23B93BC38890D71, filename: industrial_stations_renewal-1.0.1/indstatr.grf (md5sum matches)
    Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4C4D0103, checksum 96DC4AD076690CD135F91332F2E477A6, filename: roads.grf (md5sum matches)
    Added NewGRF: GRF ID 4F472B31, checksum 21377D78803A5BB9C57DE4C918A534B3, filename: ogfx-trains.grf (md5sum matches)
    Added NewGRF: GRF ID EC0D9110, checksum D1510A1006B03BCDAAFE562D5D05BACF, filename: raise_landscaping_costs.2/raise_landscaping_costs.grf (md5sum matches)
    Added NewGRF: GRF ID 48530101, checksum EC17E22A38C037D156BD22A96F4A8523, filename: reduced_passenger_payment.1.0/reducedpassengerpayment.grf (md5sum matches)
    Added NewGRF: GRF ID 414E0201, checksum 809D7424C8CEFC9DDC8E0AE4F64D79AB, filename: fish_2-squidrc8/fish.grf (md5sum matches)
    Added NewGRF: GRF ID 54670901, checksum F3699B81A7B2BB59EABD49164AE53796, filename: TGrandom.grf (md5sum matches)
    Game loaded
---- gamelog end ----

*** End of OpenTTD Crash Report ***
(Starting the game is still possible, just don't try "settings")
cirdan wrote:
Hafting wrote:The terrain generator seems to operate differently, generating much more sea than usual.
I did not deliberately change anything in the map generator, so this strikes me as odd. I will see what I can do.
Screendump of a map generated with "15% sea":
Map generated with 15% sea
Map generated with 15% sea
openttd15sea.png (16.91 KiB) Viewed 3607 times
We can see that there is at least 50% sea though. Asking for 15% sea in openttd 1.4.4 gives a single giant continent with a little water here and there.

I usually generate maps with the flattest setting (I dislike hills as I cannot have diagonal railroad on hills.) If I generate a 15% sea map with lots of mountains (alpinist), then I get a lot more land. I can only guess - perhaps the lowest level(s) of land has become sea by mistake? That would explain why flat maps get more extra sea than mountain maps.
cirdan wrote:
Hafting wrote:Now the crash. When making a map, I can choose if the edges should be sea-only or not. This works fine if at least some edges are set to sea-only. If none of the map edges are sea-only, the terrain generator (Terra Genesis) crashes. Problem with slopes on the map edges?
Map generation saw a lot of changes when the maximum height level was increased ("more height levels"). I cherry-picked them cleanly for the most part, but my branch offers more options for map generation than openttd trunk, so there may be some unforeseen interaction. Could you tell me what parameters you are using for map generation?
Map generation parameters
Landscape style:temperate
Map size 512*512 maximum map height: 30 (default)
Land generator: TerraGenesis Snow line height: grayed out 7
No. of towns: Very Low Date: 1st Jan 1945
Terrain type: Very Flat No. of industries: Low
Variety distribution: Medium Smoothness: Smooth
Random seed: 4014464176
Sea level: Custom (15%) Rivers: Medium
Tree algorithm: Improved
Map edges: Manual (All set to "Water", any "Freeform" risks the map generator crash I reported.)

Thank you for making interesting patches! I hope to test stations with multiple docks - incredibly useful when some town has sea on two sides.
cirdan
Director
Director

Post by cirdan »

Somebody mentioned a release party? I'm in! Several commits have just gone into the repo; see below for details.
romazoon wrote:and for sala de los pequenos, i m glad you putted a screenie i was still wondering what was happening exactly ;) an image worth 1000 words is really true !
I was tempted not to tell you where it was, and challenge you to find it. You really impressed me with this.
wallyweb wrote:The fan for my quad core machine was ordered a week ago and is on a slow boat from China and probably won't be here for several weeks. :P
No NewGRF with an aircraft refittable to CPU fans? ;-)
As it turned out, this crash is related to river creation, not to the terrain generator (map settings might influence how likely it was to hit, though), and I have already pushed a fix. By the way, you really helped me find the bug by compiling your binary with assertions enabled; it was fairly easy to spot after seeing the failed assertion line.
Hafting wrote:The terrain generator seems to operate differently, generating much more sea than usual. I use 512x512 maps. If I set custom sea level to 20%, I still gets lots of sea, perhaps similiar to 60% sea in 1.4.4. Not a problem for me, I like games with lots of shipping. But it seems like I cannot get the terrain generator to make land-only games, which used to be easy enough. Using standard sea levels instead of percentages shows the same - a lot more sea than usual.
This is a bug introduced in openttd commit 26999; you will see the same behaviour in current openttd trunk. I am afraid some of the changes made to TGP code when merging more height levels were not very well thought, so I have fixed this myself in my branch.
Hafting wrote:Well, I got the warning on every map generation. And there were plenty of room for these industries. 'Builders yards' are small, and placed on flat land close to towns. There were lots of such space available, I choose a 'very flat' landscape. It may very well be a trunk problem though - I'll test trunk someday then.
You were right, this was a bug in my branch, and a really old one: I introduced it along with the initial conversion to the new map array, three years ago (and it had gone unnoticed until now). Squashed as well.

Regarding the crash when clicking the settings button, I cannot reproduce it. On the other hand, your bug reports suggest that you can reproduce it reliably, and your logs show that the crash happens at a very precise spot in ShowGameOptions. Since you compile your own binaries, I assume you have a full toolchain installed. Could you run the command

objdump -drS objs/debug/settings_gui.o | gzip >/tmp/dump.gz
and post the resulting /tmp/dump.gz file?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

cirdan wrote:Somebody mentioned a release party? I'm in!
PARTY ON! :D
cirdan wrote:No NewGRF with an aircraft refittable to CPU fans? ;-)
We tried that. Now I am waiting for the contractors to code a patch that fixes the 3 meter hole blown through the wall behind my computer desk. :roll:
The next try landed on a shady shelf on a comet. :roll:
The third try via normal post just arrived as I was compiling the current release. I HAS A FAN! :mrgreen:

And here be the party favour minus the guarantee which was sent to a universe far away: 8)
OpenTTD-gf4a25ce8-Win32.7z
(5.27 MiB) Downloaded 45 times
Now to do a simple fan transplant ...
/me reads instructions...
1. Remove screw A from bottom B ...
oops :roll:

Hafting
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hafting »

cirdan wrote: Regarding the crash when clicking the settings button, I cannot reproduce it. On the other hand, your bug reports suggest that you can reproduce it reliably, and your logs show that the crash happens at a very precise spot in ShowGameOptions. Since you compile your own binaries, I assume you have a full toolchain installed. Could you run the command

objdump -drS objs/debug/settings_gui.o | gzip >/tmp/dump.gz
and post the resulting /tmp/dump.gz file?
No such file, but I have objs/release/settings_gui.o. Probably the same?

The resulting dump.gz is attached.
Attachments
dump.gz
objdump -drS objs/release/settings_gui.o | gzip > /tmp/dump.gz
(129.28 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
cirdan
Director
Director

Post by cirdan »

Hafting wrote:No such file, but I have objs/release/settings_gui.o. Probably the same?
Right, I thought you had debugging enabled, but that is the file that I wanted, and it has helped me narrow the problem a lot. Could you please try this patch (apply with patch -p1)?
Attachments
textfile.diff
(480 Bytes) Downloaded 37 times
Hafting
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hafting »

cirdan wrote:Right, I thought you had debugging enabled, but that is the file that I wanted, and it has helped me narrow the problem a lot. Could you please try this patch (apply with patch -p1)?
The patch applied fine on top of my old sources. (I have not yet downloaded fixes since my first report.) The settings dialog came up without incident, so it seems your patch fixed the problem. :-)

I have not set any configure options, other than compile options for my cpu. Which seems to cut some startup delays, at least. Feel free to suggest options that will be of help - recompiling is quick enough.
TrueSatan
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TrueSatan »

Oh it looks like we get another fix then soon.
So I won't join the release party with my ubuntu version this time :)

Cheers
cirdan
Director
Director

Post by cirdan »

Hafting wrote:The patch applied fine on top of my old sources. (I have not yet downloaded fixes since my first report.) The settings dialog came up without incident, so it seems your patch fixed the problem. :-)
Great. Then it was a double free bug, and your C library was not happy about this, unlike mine, which seemed to cope better (but I would rather have it crash, like yours...). Keep the patch applied on top of the other fixes until I update the branch and you should be fine. :-)

So, this week has been a real bugfix fest. There is still the bug about lighthouse placement, but perhaps it was a consequence of the the other bugs in map generation that I fixed. Are lighthouses still bunched up at the map edges, as you reported, or has this been solved? Also, is there any other bug report pending?
Hafting
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hafting »

cirdan wrote: So, this week has been a real bugfix fest. There is still the bug about lighthouse placement, but perhaps it was a consequence of the the other bugs in map generation that I fixed. Are lighthouses still bunched up at the map edges, as you reported, or has this been solved? Also, is there any other bug report pending?
The bugs seems to be gone now. I get the expected amount of water in a flat map, No crashes and no problems with 'builders yard' industries. Thank you for quick debugging!

I still get clusters of lighthouses on a 90% water map - sometimes 8 on a small island. Openttd 1.4.4 is not much better - clusters of 3-4 on the same small island. And lighthouses only near the map edges - even if the center only has small islands too. I guess unrealistic lighthouse placement isn't a problem with your patch - I just noticed it when the 'excess water' bug gave me a world of small islands. I usually like 'a few' large masses of land with most of the resources and towns - and some extra cities on smaller islands. Such a world makes both trains and shipping important.

A lighthouse can realistically be on any piece of coastline, as long as it is a large piece of sea. The size of land doesn't matter.In the real world, lighthouses pop up where needed - i.e. where there is something worth shipping and the waters are tricky to navigate.

Large clusters are unusual - they are expensive to build and a captain will see a single light as good as 8. They will sometimes line up two lighthouses, so the navigator can know exactly what line the ship is crossing/following on the map. And two such lines crossing each other gives an exact location, very useful before gps.
cirdan
Director
Director

Post by cirdan »

Hafting wrote:The bugs seems to be gone now. I get the expected amount of water in a flat map, No crashes and no problems with 'builders yard' industries. Thank you for quick debugging!
Nice. Thank you for your bug reports, and for your help in debugging. I have updated my branch, which should now contain fixes for all the bugs reported last week.

As for the lighthouses, the game uses a crude heuristic to place them: they are built on flat ground tiles near a water border and at height 2 or less. If there are few such tiles, it is likely that all of them will end up having a lighthouse. Admittedly, this makes lighthouse distribution look weird at times, but I guess it is the original, unchanged algorithm from TTD.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

cirdan wrote:I have updated my branch, ...
... and here is the Windows binary without any guarantees:
OpenTTD-gbec282d1-Win32.7z
(5.27 MiB) Downloaded 34 times
TrueSatan
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TrueSatan »

And here is version gbec282d1 for Ubuntu 14.04 64bit

Thanks again Cirdan for he update :)
Attachments
openttd-custom-gbec282d1-UNIX.tar.xz
Ubuntu 64 bit 14.04
Version: gbec282d1
(4.61 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Hi Cirdan, Really cool release party, thanks a lot ! I m bringing one more crash to make the party last a little longer ;)

apparently it happen when i "bulldoze" (not dynamite) a bridge head. i managed to reproduce it once.

i attached the crash.png from the two crash, the emergency save of when i reproduced the crash. (if you want i can also upload the very last save i made before crashing if you want to try making it crash too, given the size of the save, ask me to send it if you need it)

1st crash (wich i forgot to make an emergency save)

Crash at: Mon Nov 17 22:56:40 2014
In game date: 2244-08-09 (6)

Crash reason:
Exception: E1212012
Message: Assertion failed at line 159 of C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/Adminguy/fttd/src/pathfinder/yapf/../follow_track.hpp: !Base::m_new.is_empty()

Binary:
Version: gbec282d1 (0)
Build date: Nov 17 2014 17:46:39
Flags: 32-bit little-endian

Registers:
EAX: 00289924 EBX: 00000016 ECX: 00000000 EDX: 0008E3C8
ESI: 77853180 EDI: 00000000 EBP: 00289974 ESP: 00289924
EIP: 7791C42D EFLAGS: 00000246

Bytes at instruction pointer:
C9 C2 10 00 CC CC CC CC CC 8B FF 55 8B EC 56 8B 75 08 83 FE F4 72 18 83

Stack trace:
E1212012 00000000 00000000 7791C42D 00000000 00289958 75DFFCF1 001B0310
778564A8 778003E0 00012010 00000000 FFFFFFFF 00289974 75DFFD36 001B0310
77D9FAEA 77DC1092 FFFFFFFF 00000024 002899E0 00539BE7 E1212012 00000000
00000000 00000000 77850290 002899E0 77815E89 77815E8F 00000016 23012D16
00000001 00000000 00289D30 77D9FAEA 77DB9DEC 00000000 00000024 00539BC0
00000001 002899A0 0028934C 0028FFC4 777D8CD5 54A8EA4E FFFFFFFE 00289D18
77818EA2 00000016 00000000 002B05DC 0145B088 014599A8 000C001A 00000033
00000000 010001CA 00000000 00000198 01010000 00289950 75DCCF5C 0028FFC4
77DF71F5 1895141D FFFFFFFE 77DB38AA 77DB34A2 00000000 0145B088 00010003
00000000 00289C5C 0145B080 00289AF8 75DFF774 013F0000 00000000 0145B088
00000001 00289C5C 00000001 0000001F 0000000D 00000000 00DCB4E0 00000010
001B0310 00000000 00000006 00000000 00000000 00000556 00000300 00000000
0000013D 00289C5C 000001DB 00000000 00007F01 00000000 00000001 00000027
50022080 00000032 00000020 00000000 00000000 0000019F 00000000 0145B088
011B11D8 00000000 0145B0EC 011B1244 00000134 00289C50 75DFFA18 00000010
00000001 00000000 75DFFA50 00000001 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
00000000 011B0E04 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 75DFFA6C
00000000 00000001 00000000 7FFFFFFF 00968E49 00289B88 777CAA42 016D1B5D
00968E49 00000016 00000016 7FFFFFFF 00000000 77852BD0 016D14B8 777BA53A
00000000 00289BB8 777CA8C1 016D1B5D 00968E49 00000016 00289BA8 7FFFFFFF
00000000 77852BD0 016D14B8 016D07D0 00000000 00289BE8 777CA9C8 016D1B5D
0000000A 00000016 00000000 016D1728 016D1B5E 77852BD0 00000001 00000000
00289C03 00289C00 006DBBA3 00000001 0000007F 00289D30 00DCB4E0 00000200
00289DB6 00289C2C 7794583B 00DCB4E0 00000000 00289C28 00DCB5DE 00DCB8E0

Operating system:
Name: Windows
Release: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
Compiler: GCC 4.6.2 "4.6.2"

Configuration:
Blitter: 32bpp-optimized
Graphics set: original_windows (0)
Language: C:\Users\andylu\Desktop\Spiel\OTTD Newmapfeature\OpenTTD-gbec282d1-Win32\lang\french.lng
Music driver: win32
Music set: Modern Motion (1)
Network: no
Sound driver: win32
Sound set: NoSound (2)
Video driver: win32

Then i reproduced it ,cause i thought it could save you quite some time if i manage to make it crash again, and especially make an emergency save that time ;)

Crash at: Mon Nov 17 23:19:52 2014
In game date: 2244-04-02 (6)

Crash reason:
Exception: E1212012
Message: Assertion failed at line 159 of C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/home/Adminguy/fttd/src/pathfinder/yapf/../follow_track.hpp: !Base::m_new.is_empty()

Binary:
Version: gbec282d1 (0)
Build date: Nov 17 2014 17:46:39
Flags: 32-bit little-endian

Registers:
EAX: 00289924 EBX: 00000016 ECX: 00000000 EDX: 0008E3C8
ESI: 77853180 EDI: 00000000 EBP: 00289974 ESP: 00289924
EIP: 7791C42D EFLAGS: 00000246

Bytes at instruction pointer:
C9 C2 10 00 CC CC CC CC CC 8B FF 55 8B EC 56 8B 75 08 83 FE F4 72 18 83
Attachments
crash.png
(198.15 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
crash.sav
(7.87 MiB) Downloaded 42 times
crash.png
(204.74 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
cirdan
Director
Director

Post by cirdan »

Oh dear. The pathfinder cannot handle single-piece custom road bridgeheads, and in fact vehicles arriving at such a bridgehead get stuck there. This is going to take a while to fix, because I need to think about how road vehicles should turn around there.

In the meanwhile, as a workaround, try not to leave a road bridgehead with only one road piece.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”