OpenTTD 1.2.0-beta1 + Daylength

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mtwist
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

OpenTTD 1.2.0-beta1 + Daylength

Post by mtwist »

Hello TT friends,

it's been a while since I have been around in these forums. :D Years ago I played TT plus patch a lot but forgot about this great game. No I discovered the pleasure once more. In the meanwhile I switched to Mac and hence also to OpenTTD which has evolved a lot.

I am using the 1.2.0-beta1 for my games and actually just miss one thing: Daylength modification. Is there a chance to get this release patched with the latest daylength mod for OSX?

What about a "request" topic to place compilation requests for just players?
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD 1.2.0-beta1 + Daylength

Post by Yexo »

mtwist wrote:Hello TT friends,

it's been a while since I have been around in these forums. :D Years ago I played TT plus patch a lot but forgot about this great game. No I discovered the pleasure once more. In the meanwhile I switched to Mac and hence also to OpenTTD which has evolved a lot.

I am using the 1.2.0-beta1 for my games and actually just miss one thing: Daylength modification. Is there a chance to get this release patched with the latest daylength mod for OSX?
1.2.0-beta1 + daylength is no longer 1.2.0-beta1. In other words: your request doesn't make sense. What you actually want is a build of the daylength patch against the current trunk revision, which is a fine request to put in one of the daylength patch topics.
mtwist
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mtwist »

Thanks for the hint, I placed my request!

Probably my wording was not the best. What I am looking for is 1.2.0-beta1 extended by a daylength patch only. This is then of course not longer the beta1 but some custom compilation.
Arie-
Director
Director

Post by Arie- »

Then again:
- Why 1.2.0-beta1? Why that specific version and not some other trunk revision?
- IIRC, there are more than one attempts to create a daylenght patch, so: which one?
- Since we are at it, why not look in that specific thread for the most recent build?
alb22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alb22 »

Hi,

I've seen that at the Requested Features page in the wiki the daylength feature is at 50% implementation.

Question.. anyone knows when to expect it built into a coming (beta) version?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

When it is finished and merged into trunk.
(And 50% at the page says nothing w.r.t. speed of reaching that point, iirc 50% it is defined as "there is a patch", nothing more.)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”