1000 hours in mspaint later and the patch has been updated. It now seems to work in the year 2000000. Binary will be updated shortly.
Thank you for the quick fix hthhs.
I tested briefly and all seems to be fine now in regards of the date overflowing.
I noticed that now there is a small problem in the Advanced Settings due to some changes that you have made.
In the departure boards section there are some wrong values for the first three entries and changing one of them influence the previous one.
Also clicking "show vehicle name ..." and "show group name ..." both influence the first three entries.
I have fixed it in settings.ini by changing the values for "gui.max_departures", "gui.max_departure_time" and "gui.departure_calc_frequency" from INT32 to uint8.
None of these values have a max value that is higher than 255 so this should be fine.
I have not yet looked if these values need to be lowered somewhere else in the code.
I have not yet tested these changes ingame so I do not know if changing this creates other problems somewhere else.
Another thing that I noticed when testing your pre-compiled windows binary, when starting or exiting the game I get this warning ...
ini: trailing characters at end of setting 'gui.date_with_time'
I do not know where this comes from as in my self-compiled version (Ubuntu) I do not see this warning.