Android port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Android port

Post by pelya »

Thanks for bugreport, I'll fix that in a new release.
If you placed something incorrectly - touch the screen with second finger, or press a button on your stylus without lifting it up, that will cancel last command.
fizze
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fizze »

The music Volume is now working fine and I can hear sound effects. Thanks!
I also like the spilt toolbar. I'm running it on 1760x1200 something and there is no need for the switcher. All items on the right can easily for on screeen. The native resolution is even greater so that might be something to consider too.

For now I'm off playing. :)
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

In the next release I'll disable the toolbar switch button if there's enough space for all buttons.
fizze
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fizze »

fizze wrote:
openttd2.png
That is my point exactly. Even when I widen the window only two columns are used....
The map window still uses too much space even when it uses the full width on high resolutions.
Is there a chance to have the table layout overflow properly?
LaPingvino
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LaPingvino »

Hello, I use the Android version (I believe it's 1.3.2, from the Amazon store... Where can I get the latest versions (without Play Store access)?) on Ouya, and I do manage to assign the cursor to the dpad, however even in the slowest option it goes too fast, and worse, it drifts, so precision is absolutely impossible. The Ouya controller has a touchpad, but it seems that with these mapping options on it drifts so much that this is useless as well...

Anyway, I would love to see an official release to the Ouya store!
Mi tradukis OpenTTD al Esperanto :)! Ĉu vi bezonas helpon? Mesaĝu min!

Playing my own translation :).
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

You can download .apk file here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libsdl- ... k/OpenTTD/
I'm not big fan of Ouya, so don't expect it on Ouya store anytime soon.
LaPingvino
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LaPingvino »

No problem, sideloading is part of the fun ;). What is different in the lowmem-versions? do they update over normal earlier versions?
Mi tradukis OpenTTD al Esperanto :)! Ĉu vi bezonas helpon? Mesaĝu min!

Playing my own translation :).
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Soem time ago I switched to 32bpp renderer, and the game started running very slowly, so I've made a separate 'lowmem' release with ugly but fast 8bpp renderer. Now I've made my own 16bpp renderer, which is both fast and beautiful, so I'll discontinue lowmem version soon.
And by beautiful, I mean antialiased fonts :) unfortunately, the water animation is currently broken.
Whitefang
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whitefang »

Every time I turn on the "show reserved tracks" setting, the game crashes. Is this a bug, or have I done something wrong?
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Sounds like a bug. Where is this setting?
Also, how do I crash a bus into a train, or two buses? (I've got another bugreport)
Whitefang
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whitefang »

The setting is in "Interface" I think. You need to turn on "Expert Settings" though.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

easiest way to crash busses is with two parallel rails
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

or stop a bus on a crossing?
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Thanks, I've fixed the crash when two vehicles collide, this also fixes the crash when enabling "Show path reservations for tracks" option. I couldn't do other bugfixes this week, but I've published the new version anyway.
Current release still has 9 bugs I know of, I'm planning to fix 8 of them (I don't care much about the scenario editor), you may see them here
Ben1338
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ben1338 »

Hey there, just for experimenting, I downloaded OTTD for my 16 GB Google nexus 4.

Unfortunately, there have been some bugs that I have found which hasn't been fixed in the new York update.

These bugs are:
  • The map does not scroll / zooms you would expect.
  • The screen goes black if I switch screens while in a game (for example: the calculator app, if I wanted to estimate what an industry would produce in 3 months, based on the production from last month taking into account the station ratings as that figure determines how much of the load produced by the station gets loaded onto the vehicle).
  • some windows within the game are taller than the scerrn resolution will allow or too thin that I can't see what the message says.
But, it is a good port and I hope it improves.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Exactly which windows are too tall? Iknow only about vechile replace window.
Zoom gesture is not the best, but scrolling should work without issues, especially if you scroll with two fingers. Could you please give more details?
I'll look into black screen bug, it seems to be inside SDL.
Ben1338
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ben1338 »

Hey, the "window too tall" only occurs, to my knowledge, with the face selection screen, as shown in the attachment, where the "ok" button is obscured.
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-06-28-18-28-18.png
There is no "ok" button, it's hidden by the news bar at the bottom.
(510.6 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

just reinstalled it, and wow, nice changes since the last time i played it on my nexus 7 (about 1 year ago). Big buttons, so even without my mouse i can easily navigate in the menus, big kudos !

I've seen that pelya released a "low mem" version. How much less memory does it use ? i dont use 32bpp but i still want the sound and music, is it possible to switch it on in the low mem version anyway ?
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

Ben1338 wrote:Hey, the "window too tall" only occurs, to my knowledge, with the face selection screen, as shown in the attachment, where the "ok" button is obscured.
maybe change the button size ? it's 40 by default, set it to 32 and test again
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Lowmem version is now obsolete, I will probably update it once, then unpublish. It has three differences - 8bpp blitter, no translations, and disabled music.
Regular version now uses homemade 16bpp renderer, which is fast enough on most devices, not much different in speed from 8bpp one. The only issue is missing water animation - I've tried to copy the ugly pixel-mask implementation from 32bpp-anim renderer, and it ended up buggy, so I've decided to give up on it for now, because it will also be slower, even if I'll fix those bugs.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”