Chill's patchpack v14_7

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Chill's patchpack v13

Post by ChillCore »

Wasila wrote: Oh, I thought you had already finished moving - my bad
That was the plan but as often in real life *brown smelly stuff* happens and plans change. :lol:
I had never really used that setting much before my last game and I don't mind that much if it's not working - besides, I want to focus more on industry anyway (trying out FIRS!). Thanks :).
FIRS is fun, I have been playing a lot of games with it.
The version I will be posting later today will still be compatible, so you can continue.
I am just waiting a bit to have some final feedback on the income devided by daylength factor and maybe hthhs ... but I do not want to rush him. (I do not like being pushed myself so ...)

I think that I will try the ECS vectors again after a long time when I wil be starting my next longlasting game. I will be using the brickland tiles (although they are slightly glitchy in some places). I just need find a few vehicle set that also works in toyland ...
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
hthhs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hthhs »

This change seems to allow vehicle timetable start dates to be set. Was there some other reason you put a "!" in there?
Attachments
chipp13-dbwc-fix.diff
(523 Bytes) Downloaded 134 times
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

hthhs wrote: This change seems to allow vehicle timetable start dates to be set. Was there some other reason you put a "!" in there?
Oh my .... :oops: Absolutely none. :oops:
Instead of copying the line from the updated patch I moved the line up that was there in v16, which had the not statement.
I checked and checked again 4 or 5 times and simply overlooked that.
/me needs to start wearing my glasses and hides under the desk ...

I will recompile in a bit with your change and test again.
Thank you.

ps:
How was your exams?

Edit:
Fix confirmed ...
Now I only need to add the daylength factor cheat to the vehicle income (and perhaps the running costs too) then I am ready to post the next version.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

(I do not like being pushed myself so ...)
Don't worry, I'll stop now :P.
I think that I will try the ECS vectors again after a long time when I wil be starting my next longlasting game. I will be using the brickland tiles (although they are slightly glitchy in some places). I just need find a few vehicle set that also works in toyland ...
What's actually the difference between ECS vectors and FIRS?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Wasila wrote:
What's actually the difference between ECS vectors and FIRS?
ECS does stock-piling, while FIRS does a feedback loop with supplies. Try them both to see how you like them :)
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

ECS does stock-piling, while FIRS does a feedback loop with supplies. Try them both to see how you like them :)
I think I get what you mean by a feedback loop (engineering supplies--->other stuff--->engineering supplies?) but how does stockpiling work? I'll give FIRS a shot now and perhaps ECS some other time; getting used to a good thirty new cargoes will be challenging enough!
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Wasila wrote: I'll give FIRS a shot now and perhaps ECS some other time; getting used to a good thirty new cargoes will be challenging enough!
The "display chain" button is your friend. :)

As promised here's the update for the patchpack.

Most notable changes are:
- Semaphore versions of speed and progsigs are now in the correct order in the gui (had swapped places).
- No more compiler warnings coming from the watch_company_gui patch.
- We now have dedicated sprites for the speed signs and programmable signals.
- The timetable start date can be set once again thanks to hthhs finding the silly mistake I made.
- The option to show the flood warning or not can be found in "Advanced settings->Display options->last entry".
- There is a new cheat option as requested -> "Do not devide vehicle income by daylength factor". I was going to not devide the running cost also but I forgot that I never had to devide that to begin with, so that will stay balanced.

Anyway I am not going to bore you to death by repeating everything again what has been said before on the last few pages,
I will wait a day or two before adjusting the first page to see if this version of the patchpack is stable enough to replace the previous one posted there. By then I will have updated the changelog also.

Enjoy your games and once more thank you very much everyone for the many feedback and help. :)

NOTE:
Again do not forget to download the needed GRFs zip, you will need it.
If you fail to update this time you will not only be confronted with pinky pixels but your game will not even start.

The 2 new GRFs go in the data folder like the others not in the newgrf folder.

edit:
Mentioned swapped places of signals in gui also.
Attachments
chipp_v13_5_r22553.diff
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 779 times
DOS_chipp_v13_5_needed_grfs_and_sources.7z.zip
(39.99 KiB) Downloaded 3151 times
chipp_v13_5_r22553_Ubuntu_11.04.tar.gz
Needed GRFs included. ;)
(4.89 MiB) Downloaded 692 times
Last edited by ChillCore on 15 Jun 2011 00:15, edited 2 times in total.

Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

Yay! This is savegame compatible, amiright?
The "display chain" button is your friend. :)
Just clicked on the display chain for oil refinery and got about a dozen industries on the right :o.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Wasila wrote:
I think I get what you mean by a feedback loop (engineering supplies--->other stuff--->engineering supplies?)
Something like that, except I had 'other stuff ---> supplies ---> more other stuff' in mind, sending supplies to the industry increases its production.
(at least, that is what I have been told, I have yet to get that far in the game ;) ).
Wasila wrote:but how does stockpiling work?
ECS production slowly ramps up if you send it more input cargo. There is however a ceiling. If you send more, it gets piled upto some maximum (and the pile is reduced at max production rate). If you send more than the maximum stock pile size, the industry doesn't accept the cargo any more.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Yay! This is savegame compatible, am I right?
Yes, all versions I post are, unless I state otherwise. ;)

Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Chill's patchpack v13_5

Post by Wasila »

ECS production slowly ramps up if you send it more input cargo. There is however a ceiling. If you send more, it gets piled upto some maximum (and the pile is reduced at max production rate). If you send more than the maximum stock pile size, the industry doesn't accept the cargo any more.
Oh, I get it. I might give it a shot, but it sounds like it needs a bit too much micromanagement. At least in FIRS you don't have to connect engineering supplies up.
Yes, all versions I post are, unless I state otherwise. ;)
OK. Thanks!
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

Not terribly important, but I think I've found a big (still on v13).

After I deleted a vehicle, it was still counted in the overall number of vehicles in a group:
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

a savegame from right before it happened, or a reliable way to reproduce it from a new game would help.
Muzzly
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Muzzly »

Thanks for a new version Chill !!! :D

Here are windows binaries for chipp_v13_5_r22553.
Please report all bugs to this forum !

Game requires following GRF files, original post is here
Attachments
r22553-chipp-v13.5-win32.rar
(4.39 MiB) Downloaded 968 times
r22553-chipp-v13.5-win64.rar
(4.93 MiB) Downloaded 1129 times
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

This is the best I have, I'm afraid - a save from after the bug occurred (the previous save predates the creation of the group itself).
Attachments
McAlpine and Co. Transportation, 26th Nov 1900.sav
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 196 times
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

:bow: i just want to say thank you again for the awesome work on the patchpack !

Also, i discovered this feature you included wich copy and save heighmap from an existing scenario ! really awesome !
well, I ve seen it ain t perfect yet (apparently the heighmap taken need some tweaking in a image editor or be used with some alpinist settings) but i ve been dreaming of something like this for so long. I have a scenario i d like to remake (clean grf list) and i had no heightmap, until now :mrgreen: .

so again thanks you chill for including this to your patch pack and thanks to the maker of this new feature !
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

:mrgreen:
It is actually a trunk feature :wink:
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

After compiling the build on OSX getting the following error upon startup:

Code: Select all

GetDYLDEntryPointWithImage(/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/Current/AppKit,_NSCreateAppKitServicesMenu) failed.
Building on OSX 10.6.7
The following environment settings are used:

export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6; export CFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -g -Os -pipe -no-cpp-precomp"; 
export CCFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -g -Os -pipe"; export CXXFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -g -Os -pipe" LDFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -bind_at_load"
./configure --enable-static --without-liblzma
make
make bundle
Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

BTW, the original OTTD trunk builds and runs just fine with those same settings.
Last edited by aantono on 13 Jun 2011 02:50, edited 1 time in total.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Wasila wrote:
Albert wrote: ECS production slowly ramps up if you send it more input cargo. There is however a ceiling. If you send more, it gets piled upto some maximum (and the pile is reduced at max production rate). If you send more than the maximum stock pile size, the industry doesn't accept the cargo any more.
Oh, I get it. I might give it a shot, but it sounds like it needs a bit too much micromanagement. At least in FIRS you don't have to connect engineering supplies up.
Also the chains in ECS are more complicated IIRC, but I have not yet tried it since there is the "display chain" option.
You are right that in FIRS you do not have to deliver the xxx suplies but if you do you may have a production boost. :)

Wasila wrote: Not terribly important, but I think I've found a big (still on v13).

After I deleted a vehicle, it was still counted in the overall number of vehicles in a group:
Important enough to report, thank you for the savegame.
Unfortunately I can not reproduce, not in v13 and not in v13_5 ...
When I remove train 8 from that group there is still one vehicle counted in that group, when putting it back and cloning it there are three ...
I also checked the company window and there only seven trains listed there... strange ... very, very strange :?

You can fix it by simply deleting the group (not the vehicle) and recreate that group after that the number in that group will be correct.
Please report if it happens again.

Muzzly wrote: Thanks for a new version Chill !!! :D

Here are windows binaries for chipp_v13_5_r22553.
My pleasure and thank you for the binaries. :)
I will update the first post and mention them there.
Aberth wrote:
romazoon wrote: :bow: i just want to say thank you again for the awesome work on the patchpack !

Also, i discovered this feature you included wich copy and save heighmap from an existing scenario ! really awesome !
well, I ve seen it ain t perfect yet (apparently the heighmap taken need some tweaking in a image editor or be used with some alpinist settings) but i ve been dreaming of something like this for so long. I have a scenario i d like to remake (clean grf list) and i had no heightmap, until now :mrgreen: .

so again thanks you chill for including this to your patch pack and thanks to the maker of this new feature !
:mrgreen:
It is actually a trunk feature :wink:
Thank you for the kind words.
Indeed it is a trunk feature and Alberth put it in.

The only thing that I changed is that when generating the heightmap it does so with 256 colours instead of 16.
To have the same map as it was before (in the patchpack) you should select Alpinist when loading it in the scenario editor or when generating the map, no matter what the mapsize is.

Loading that heightmap in trunk will result in less detail and everything below level 15 being water.
I may have to do some fixing there and/or add something before the extension to indicate that the heightmap should be loaded in the patchpack or with the morheightlevels patch for best results.

May I suggest to put GRFs in your scenario (selected from the main menu before loading the heightmap) and only use those that are found on bananas if you have the intention of posting it.
Many people have made the misstake of letting the players choose GRFs afterwards, resulting in quite a few buggy scenarios on bananas -> no available vehicles or simply broken due to changing GRFs in the scenario editor.

aantono wrote: After compiling the build on OSX getting the following error upon startup:

GetDYLDEntryPointWithImage(/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/Current/AppKit,_NSCreateAppKitServicesMenu) failed.
Building on OSX 10.6.7
The following environment settings are used:

export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6; export CFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -g -Os -pipe -no-cpp-precomp";
export CCFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -g -Os -pipe"; export CXXFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -g -Os -pipe" LDFLAGS="-arch x86_64 -bind_at_load"
./configure --enable-static --without-liblzma
make
make bundle
Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

BTW, the original OTTD trunk builds and runs just fine with those same settings.
I am very sorry but I have absolutely no clue what might be wrong ...
I have no OSX so I am not familiar with that error message.

I do not know if the commands are the same for OSX but can you try building a debug build and start it from the console, please? Maybe that will give an aditional clue.

./configure --enable-debug=3 (with or without more config options)
make
cd bin
gdb ./openttd
run
^^^ IIRC
That should give some output.
If/when it crashes continue by typing

bt full
to get a detailed backtrace.

continue
quit
to exit gdb afterwards.

ps:
Can you please put "export CCFLAGS" on a new line in your environment settings code block.
Tables are horribly broken and the page is hard to read at the moment.
Thanks ;)

aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

This is weird, but I didn't get a stack trace :(
When I executed "run", it just showed be a black screen with no activity. I waited for a few minutes, nothing was going on, so I just hit "Enter" and the black screen went away and I was returned back to the console.

Here is the output:

GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1515) (Sat Jan 15 08:33:48 UTC 2011)
Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-apple-darwin"...Reading symbols for shared libraries ............... done

(gdb) run
Starting program: /Users/aantonov/openttd-src/original/trunk/bin/openttd 
Reading symbols for shared libraries .++++++++++++++................................................................................... done
Reading symbols for shared libraries . done

Program exited with code 01.
(gdb) bt full
No stack.
(gdb) continue
The program is not being run.
(gdb) quit
But when I look at the system.log in OSX, I see this error:

.../openttd-src/original/trunk/bin/openttd[66232]:

Return to “OpenTTD Development”