Chill's patchpack v14_7

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

archy
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Chill's patchpack v14_7

Post by archy »

kamnet wrote:There's also the Spring 2013 Patch Pack and Vaulter's Hard Game Pack.
Thanks for the tip!

The Spring 2013 Patch Pack has everything I want (except Map Copy, but that's not crucial). And it just got a new release based on an up-to-date OpenTTD!
Definitely a worthy replacement for chillpp.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Just blowing the dust of my thread to repost a zipfile with all the seperate patches I had at some point compatible with trunk.

I deleted it at the time with the intent of updating it but I never got 'round to it ... :P
If I happen to find a later one (need to do some housekeeping in my HDDs department SoonTM) I will post that too.
Also note that the hg repo has some things that are in seperate commits so you may want to look there too if you are looking for something specific that was added in one of the later versions.

I will update the first post with a link here shortly also. Yay, one less todo!

Happy new year and geeft er ne lap op. ;)
Attachments
chipp_v12_added_patches.7z
Note: These were patches used in v12. Newer patches may be available in their respective threads. Warranty for this attachment is from here till the door.
(265.25 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Streckenläufer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Streckenläufer »

Hello chill core, already looking forward to a new version:

traffic light - http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 61&start=0
signal tunnel - http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 60&start=0#
Chunnel - http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 75&start=0#
copy & paste - http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 59&start=0

Is that possible with the version 1.5.3? i have trunk 27491.

Source http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/chillpp no contact.
MfG Streckenläufer
OpenTTD V1.7.1, r27930 - Trafficlight - Bridge/tunnel Signals - Watertunnel - HousePlacing - SeaplaneAirport - Clipboard - Win7 64bit - MinGW/msys
!Sorry for my google English translator!
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Hi Streckenläufer,

For the moment I am not actively working on a new version.
I still have plans to become more active again soon-ish but life keeps keeping me busy more than i care to be busy during my free time.

It should be possible to make a patchpack with the new patches you listed provided they are all up to date with the revision you want to patch.
Signals in tunnels and Chunnels might need a little merging (not sure as it has been a while I looked at the code) but the rest should be pretty forword in terms of conflicts.

I would advise against patching a stable version because it will no longer be a stable version once it is patched anyway; better is to go for recent trunk if/when starting from scratch so you get the benefit of all new goodies OpenTTD offers at the same time. ;)
What do you mean by "no contact"?
Since I have not been active for a while I have not yet checked at the coop site ... I do not get notifications from there either if new things pop up and I am not sure if I can enable it there to be notified at all. :oops:
I'll have a looksie in a bit to see what I missed. ;)

ps:
Sorry for the late reply, I did not notice that here was a new post.
If it happens again that I take this long to reply please feel free to poke me via PM too as that triggers an e-mail which I should notice faster provided I check my e-mail ofcourse.
Perhaps I could subscribe to my thread for now untill the thread picks up speed again ... or I start a new one.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
balthasar_s
Engineer
Engineer

Post by balthasar_s »

Hello,
Is there a Linux build of v14_7?

I tried to make one for myself but r22555 doesn't compile with or without the patch. (My OS: Debian Wheezy 32 bit)

Another question:
In the Windows build, am I doing something wrong?

I followed the instructions, I downloaded the build, I put the grf files from TTD to data, I put the downloaded grf files (from second post) to data.
Every time after the game is turned on I get the message that the graphics set is missing some sprites.

There is no such message in 13.5

Thank you in advance.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

balthasar_s wrote:Hello,

I tried to make one for myself but r22555 doesn't compile with or without the patch. (My OS: Debian Wheezy 32 bit)

Another question:

I followed the instructions, I downloaded the build, I put the grf files from TTD to data, I put the downloaded grf files (from second post) to data.
Every time after the game is turned on I get the message that the graphics set is missing some sprites.

Thank you in advance.
Older builds of OpenTTD like what CPP is built on don't have the automatic graphics set configuration like modern versions do. you'll have to go into your OPenTTD.cfg and manually add a graphics set under "Graphics Set="
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

r22555 is of June 2011, and C++ has changed quite a bit in the last 5 years. You'll need to update the source to more modern standards. If it doesn't compile without the patch, not much point in trying with the patch imho.

You could check the OpenTTD project commits to see what kinds of compiler-related changes have been done, that may point you to some things to change.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Another question:

Thank you in advance.
The windows binary in the first post only needs adding https://bundles.openttdcoop.org/opengfx ... s/0.4.6.1/ to the data folder and it should work. Everything else (mentioned in the second post) is already added to that and you do not need to follow those instructions. Sound can be downloaded ingame from BaNaNas, it is not needed to add those files manually to get things working.

The openttcoop repo has one more commit specifically for compiling on linux which is not included in the patch in the first post, you may want to try cloning the source from there instead. Note that this commit was made quite a while back by JGR.
Not sure if there is a need for more commits by now but it's worth a try...

Code: Select all

hg clone http://hg.openttdcoop.org/chillpp
I hope that clone location is still valid ... if not do let me know and I'll see if I can find that last commit on one of my other HDDs.

Thank you Alberth a NekoMaster for helping out.

ps: I'll enable notifications for new replies for a little while.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”