Chill's patchpack v14_7

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ColdIce
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Chill's patchpak v6_2

Post by ColdIce »

Thank you very much
Last edited by ColdIce on 23 May 2010 20:16, edited 2 times in total.
The rest is confetti!
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Thank you for the build ColdIce.

ColdIce wrote: Revision 19816 has a codechange and the patch is no longer compatible.
Yeah, I know. See the more height levels thread.
I think I will have to bump then revert the changes made in r19816 (All of them) and re-apply one by one to see what change it is that breaks the patch.
Maybe some other patches are broken too but I am sure the more height levels is amongst them.

Also the smallmap gui is broken in r19816, which has been fixed in r19821.
There is also a signed unsigned comparison in video allogro_v.cpp but that one is in clean trunk too. (line 363 & 366)

I hope that the version against r19815 is working properly.
I have not tested it much yet ...
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
deamonhunter11
Engineer
Engineer

Post by deamonhunter11 »

Just tested chills 6_2 patchpack and I have to say that there is a lot of lag for some reason.

On a 128*128 map if I zoom out to see the map it lags.

There are no trains,vechicles of a certain kind.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I am sorry deamonhunter11, I do not have your problem even with bigger maps. Not with my linux build and not with the windows binary ColdIce has posted.

How many AIs have you enabled?
Are there other programs running at the moment?
Do you still see lag after a system reboot?
If no AI are enabled and a reboot does not help ... can I see your config file, please?

Also I have found where the problem is with the more height levels patch.
I will fix that one tomorrow before updating this patch. I have seen enough code for today. ;)
I hope the other patches are not broken too as I have not checked them yet.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
deamonhunter11
Engineer
Engineer

Post by deamonhunter11 »

tried the rar and it did better. still found it had a bit of problem on the most zoomed on 4168*4168 but less of a problem.
peebee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by peebee »

Is there still a problem with auto seperation an waypoints?
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Yes, as it is a bug in the Automated timeable and seperation patch.
See the first post, there is a section with known bugs.

I have browsed the patch a bit the other day but I have been doing some other stuff first.
I guess if it was easy to fix Gathers would already have done so.

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Hi,
I had some time to play around with my patchpack. It seems that I have forgotten to include a line in smallmap_gui.cpp while updating the moreheightlevels patch and merging with cargodist, causing the game to crash when opening the smallmap gui and clicking on the button to see the cargo links.

For the self compilers.
Please replace the _legend_table_extended array with the one below.(In my source it starts at line 326, it could be a little before that in your source ...)

Code: Select all

static const LegendAndColour * const _legend_table_extended[] = {
	_legend_land_contours_extended,
	_legend_vehicles,
	_legend_from_industries,
	_legend_linkstats,
	_legend_routes,
	_legend_vegetation,
	_legend_land_owners,
};
I have also changed a few other lines, please let me know if changing the code above is not enough to stop the crashes. (I will then post a pre 6_3 version.)

I am updating the moreheightlevels patch to current trunk before merging the changes into the patchpak.
I will post version 6_3 very soon. Also cargodist will be updated by then.

Also I had a better look at nighthawk_c_m's crash.
It is not yet fixed but I do know now what causes his game to crash and I can reproduce it in the current version.
As mentioned before Automated timetable and seperation has a problem with waypoints. The problem being, when using waypoints trains are no longer sepperated correctly. For as far as I know this is the only problem the patch still has and it is not related to the crash nighthawk_c_m produced.

So what does trigger the crash?
It seems that when you have a non "non-stop order" followed by a "waypoint order" the game crashes when the train arrives at the waypoint.
If all orders are non-stop the problem does not occur.

Please make sure ALL your orders are nonstop even if you do not use waypoints. I think I was able to crash it without using waypoints, but I have not tested much yet.
More info will follow ...

@nighthawk_c_m:
Train 28 has orders like described before and a few other trains also have orders that are not non-stop.
The attached savegame has all the orders set to non-stop. I have let them run for a while and the crash did no longer occur.
Other than that I did not change anything. Savegame is produced with version 6 posted by ColdIce (r19736. The one you told me you used) and is not compatible with the current version of the patch.
Attachments
fixed_crash_nighthawk.sav
(3.97 MiB) Downloaded 179 times

nighthawk_c_m
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nighthawk_c_m »

I see where the problem lies, ok, so I just need to keep my eyes out that I always use the non stop orders.

I totally forgot that I had changed this ona few trains, thanks ChillCore for making me aware of this and pointing it out.
id10terror
Engineer
Engineer

Post by id10terror »

Anyone here wanting to modify passenger and mail numbers check here http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=878251#p878251

I know its not related to cargodist but i thought it might make the experience better.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

id10terror wrote: Anyone here wanting to modify passenger and mail numbers
It could be that newgrf override the settings but this is already in the patchpak. See attachment.
It is included with the sprinkles patch.
Attachments
Unnamed, 1950-01-01.png
Unnamed, 1950-01-01.png (9.27 KiB) Viewed 5499 times

Kamzik911
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kamzik911 »

Hello everybody. I have problem. I set map and click on "Show link and statistics" and Land Owner, game crash. I use map from patch 19673 on patch 19815. When i use map from patch 19815, map crash only on "land owner" icon. Help please.

Sorry for my English, i am czech. :-/

This is crash report
Attachments
Crash.txt
(8.58 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Crash 19673on19185.txt
(13.07 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Kamzik911 wrote: Hello everybody. I have problem. I set map and click on "Show link and statistics" and Land Owner, game crash. I use map from patch 19673 on patch 19815. When i use map from patch 19815, map crash only on "land owner" icon. Help please.
The crash in the smallmap gui when viewing the cargo links is known. See a few posts up.
It is fixed in the next version. See attachment.
I was going to test a bit more before posting it but maybe you feel like helping with testing.

Crashing on click "land owner"? I will have a looksie but I did not see that one yet, to be correct I do not think I have tested that. ;)
Thank you for reporting.

Also I am suprised that you could even load your map from r19763, trunk has bumped and savegame compatibility can only be maintained while trunk does not bump.
Are you sure the map was created with an older version of this patch?

New version, v6_3.
Updated:
- Cargodist to r19884.
- More height levels to v26_4_r19876

Bugfixes:
- Forgot to include a line in smallmap_gui. (patchpack against r19815. @see a few posts up.)
- Litle bugfix in the smallmap aircraft position drawing (@see Cargodist thread.)
- Vehicle would dissappear from the smallmap when zooming in. (@see Cargodist thread.)
- Aircraft would crash into mountains instead of increasing altitude causing the game to crash. (@see More height levels thread.)

First posts will updated later today. First I want to check if I did not forget to mention something in the list above. :)
Attachments
chipp_v6_3_r19885.diff
(982.81 KiB) Downloaded 187 times

Kamzik911
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kamzik911 »

Crash.txt report "land owner" crash. Second crash file report map from 19673 patch in use on 19815 patch. I create map in 19815 patch, but i have same problem.

Really i created map in 19673 patch. Map work on 19815 patch. :|
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Kamzik911 wrote: Have you create binary file 19885 patch?? I don't know how compile patch. Please??? :cry: :(
Compiling yourself is not that hard. You only need some patience setting up the compiler ...
Even if I post my compiled binary it would be of no use to you. I am on linux, sorry.
You will have to practice some patience, hopefully somebody with windows will soon.

ColdIce
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ColdIce »

it will be my pleasure..

i`ll be back in few minutes with a WIN32 build

like I promised
Attachments
r19891.rar
(3.53 MiB) Downloaded 394 times
Last edited by ColdIce on 24 May 2010 07:06, edited 1 time in total.
The rest is confetti!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Tried compiling this on Ubuntu 9.10 but I got errors while compiling. Could someone either make a proper patch for the latest nightly or provide a Lin32 build :\

Edit : Settled with a slightly older patch.
Last edited by NekoMaster on 23 May 2010 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Kamzik911
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kamzik911 »

Thank you very much. Thank you. :bow:
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

For the diesel smoke patch, is there any way to make diesel contently spew fumes?
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Chill's patchpack v6_3

Post by ChillCore »

@Kamzik911:
I have tested and yes the previous version also crashed when you clicked the "Land owner button". It is also the result of the missing line in r19815. (fixed in v6_3.)
About the scenario from r19673 being loadable in 19815. I have tested this with a scenario I made before and it worked also while it should not work ... strange.
Maybe there is less information stored in a scenario than in a savegame which allows it to be loaded anyway, but I am just guessing here.

@ColdIce:
Thank you for the binary.
Would you mind removing the buggy build against r19815.
The patch is posted above your post so you do not have to worry about the source not being provided.
Also did you "svn add" all new files before pulling a diff? (See my reply to NekoMaster.)

@NekoMaster:
I have updated the second post. Can you compile that patch? You can also try to patch r19885 I posted above and bump to trunk yourself to r19891, there are no conflicts
I will have a looksie at the patch ColdIce has posted. It is smaller than mine so I think there are a few new files that are not included.
What do you mean by contently spewing smoke. You mean a lot of smoke, like when accelerating and climbing hills, or a bit every now and then while running at full speed?
I could have a looksie if I know what you want but I can make no promises.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”