Chill's patchpack v14_7

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

zgrillo2004
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Chill's patchpack v14_7

Post by zgrillo2004 »

Sad to hear
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Do not be sad zgrillo2004. ;)

The polyline patch is not all that big and it may be easy to merge, not sure though as a big part of it's code is in the viewport code and I have those files modified by multiple patches already.

NekoMaster is right that I have not made a commit in ages, but it ain't over till I officially say it is over:
ChillCore wrote: @ All,
yes I still apreciate savegames and bugreports very much,
However, at the moment I can not promise that your issues will be dealt with in a timely manner.
I am very sorry about that, I'll do my best, but that is the way it is atm.
And suggestions too ofcourse.

- There are some niggles that I stil want to see fixed and which make me feel like I am not not really done here.
- I really needed a break (14 hours of programming a day as your hobby is not really healthy for the financials).
- I felt like I was getting too much attention and others too little; because of the success of my patchpack some patches (that I can not include because of unsolvable conflicts) were not even tested anymore or barely.
- I have something else in mind before getting back to the MHL patch, not really a patchpack but then angain what do you call OpenTTD if not a patchpack. :mrgreen:
- I am working on yet something else (related too the above but not really) ... but again I needed a break, not only for personal reasons but also because what I did this time is so intrusive that I decided to put it aside for a bit and look at it later with a fresh and critical mind and re-evaluate if that is really the way to go.

To be continued ...
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Maybe patchpack version 15 could be started with current trunk in some point, and have features added one by one from previous patchpack and updated patches on different branches? :)

At least infrastructure maintenance, Cargodist, control-cloning does not open new GUI, etc. features which were included on v14_7 are currently in trunk.

Also other patches have much evolution going on them (such as Clipboard, former C&P, More heightlevels), and furhermore, NML 0.3-based graphics could be used in this patchpack.

Updating to current trunk would also help testing those patches for their authors, which was the purpose of this patchpack in first place? :)
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Sorry to dissapoint you but any further version will only contain bugfixes and maybe a few (minor) additions based on r22555 and only that revision.
There will be no bumps to newer revisions nor inclusion/exlusion/replacement of patches anymore in this version. (maybe a few patches that will never make trunk but I did promise to add them before)

While what you say about testing those other patches is true, I also had to conclude at some point that I was taking away valuable testing time and feedback from those authors I could not include because of "unmergable with the rest already included".
Like I mentioned in the other thread ... this patchpack was made to test the moreheightlevels patch. v1 only had 3/4 patches and then it took a life of its own.

Maybe help some of the other patchpack builders to make their pack better by giving feedback? They have their code already based on newer trunk.
I know for a fact that some of them did not make one earlier because there was mine already ... which makes me feel kinda sad ... that was not what I intended to achieve at all and I only found that out recently. :cry:

If I find the time and courage to do it again it will be called "Chill's pacthpack Too v1" and will have its own thread.
For now I want to concentrate on the moreheightlevels patch alone and on that other patch that is in a rather unfinished state still. ;)

ps:
Seems like I need new batteries in my keyboard
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

ChillCore wrote: For now I want to concentrate on the moreheightlevels patch alone and on that other patch that is in a rather unfinished state still. ;)
That is nice thing to hear. :) Looking forward to see moreheightlevels patch in trunk ;)
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

I've just been compiling the code from here http://hg.openttdcoop.org/chillpp for Linux (gcc 4.7.3 64 bit, no configure flags, bog standard make -j 4).
I ran into a few minor issues (resolved easily enough). I can't seem to find any references to these issues, though the forum's search function is not especially useful for things like this.
For the sake of documentation I'll list them here (for all I know they may or may not have since fixed somewhere else).

GCC throws a wobbly if the this pointer is not used to refer to a particular member function of the parent class, not quite sure why.

Code: Select all

--- a/src/core/multimap.hpp	Fri Jan 11 18:00:00 2013 +0100
+++ b/src/core/multimap.hpp	Thu Sep 26 00:22:12 2013 +0100
@@ -225,7 +225,7 @@

std::pair<iterator, iterator> equal_range(const KEY &key)
 	{
-		MapIterator begin(lower_bound(key));
+		MapIterator begin(this->lower_bound(key));
 		if (begin != Map::end() && begin->first == key) {
 			MapIterator end = begin;
 			return std::make_pair(begin, ++end);
@@ -236,7 +236,7 @@

std::pair<const_iterator, const_iterator> equal_range(const KEY &key) const
 	{
-		ConstMapIterator begin(lower_bound(key));
+		ConstMapIterator begin(this->lower_bound(key));
 		if (begin != Map::end() && begin->first == key) {
 			ConstMapIterator end = begin;
 			return std::make_pair(begin, ++end);
The makefile for gcc 4.3+ sets the C++ std to gnu++0x.
The string joins along the lines of: NBSP"S." in currency.cpp look rather too much like C++11 user-defined literals, so gcc gets upset when it can't find a matching operator.

--- a/src/currency.cpp	Fri Jan 11 18:00:00 2013 +0100
+++ b/src/currency.cpp	Thu Sep 26 00:22:12 2013 +0100
@@ -28,30 +28,30 @@
 	{    2, "", CF_NOEURO, "$",            "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_USD    }, ///< us dollars
 	{    2, "", CF_ISEURO, "\xE2\x82\xAC", "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_EUR    }, ///< Euro
 	{  220, "", CF_NOEURO, "\xC2\xA5",     "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_YEN    }, ///< yen
-	{   20, "", 2002,      "",             NBSP"S.",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_ATS    }, ///< austrian schilling
-	{   59, "", 2002,      "BEF"NBSP,      "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_BEF    }, ///< belgian franc
-	{    2, "", CF_NOEURO, "CHF"NBSP,      "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_CHF    }, ///< swiss franc
-	{   41, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP"K\xC4\x8D", 1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_CZK    }, ///< czech koruna
-	{    3, "", 2002,      "DM"NBSP,       "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_DEM    }, ///< deutsche mark
-	{   11, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP"kr",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_DKK    }, ///< danish krone
-	{  245, "", 2002,      "Pts"NBSP,      "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_ESP    }, ///< spanish pesetas
-	{    9, "", 2002,      "",             NBSP"mk",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_FIM    }, ///< finnish markka
-	{   10, "", 2002,      "FF"NBSP,       "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_FRF    }, ///< french francs
+	{   20, "", 2002,      "",             NBSP "S.",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_ATS    }, ///< austrian schilling
+	{   59, "", 2002,      "BEF" NBSP,      "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_BEF    }, ///< belgian franc
+	{    2, "", CF_NOEURO, "CHF" NBSP,      "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_CHF    }, ///< swiss franc
+	{   41, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP "K\xC4\x8D", 1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_CZK    }, ///< czech koruna
+	{    3, "", 2002,      "DM" NBSP,       "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_DEM    }, ///< deutsche mark
+	{   11, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP "kr",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_DKK    }, ///< danish krone
+	{  245, "", 2002,      "Pts" NBSP,      "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_ESP    }, ///< spanish pesetas
+	{    9, "", 2002,      "",             NBSP "mk",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_FIM    }, ///< finnish markka
+	{   10, "", 2002,      "FF" NBSP,       "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_FRF    }, ///< french francs
 	{  500, "", 2002,      "",             "Dr.",           1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_GRD    }, ///< greek drachma
-	{  378, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP"Ft",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_HUF    }, ///< hungarian forint
-	{  130, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP"Kr",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_ISK    }, ///< icelandic krona
-	{ 2850, "", 2002,      "",             NBSP"L.",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_ITL    }, ///< italian lira
-	{    3, "", 2002,      "NLG"NBSP,      "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_NLG    }, ///< dutch gulden
-	{   12, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP"Kr",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_NOK    }, ///< norwegian krone
-	{    6, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP"z\xC5\x82", 1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_PLN    }, ///< polish zloty
-	{    5, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP"Lei",       1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_RON    }, ///< romanian Lei
-	{   50, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP"p",         1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_RUR    }, ///< russian rouble
-	{  352, "", 2007,      "",             NBSP"SIT",       1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_SIT    }, ///< slovenian tolar
-	{   13, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP"Kr",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_SEK    }, ///< swedish krona
-	{    3, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP"TL",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_TRY    }, ///< turkish lira
-	{   52, "", 2009,      "",             NBSP"Sk",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_SKK    }, ///< slovak koruna
-	{    4, "", CF_NOEURO, "R$"NBSP,       "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_BRL    }, ///< brazil real
-	{   20, "", 2011,      "",             NBSP"EEK",       1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_EEK    }, ///< estonian krooni
+	{  378, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP "Ft",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_HUF    }, ///< hungarian forint
+	{  130, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP "Kr",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_ISK    }, ///< icelandic krona
+	{ 2850, "", 2002,      "",             NBSP "L.",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_ITL    }, ///< italian lira
+	{    3, "", 2002,      "NLG" NBSP,      "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_NLG    }, ///< dutch gulden
+	{   12, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP "Kr",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_NOK    }, ///< norwegian krone
+	{    6, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP "z\xC5\x82", 1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_PLN    }, ///< polish zloty
+	{    5, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP "Lei",       1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_RON    }, ///< romanian Lei
+	{   50, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP "p",         1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_RUR    }, ///< russian rouble
+	{  352, "", 2007,      "",             NBSP "SIT",       1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_SIT    }, ///< slovenian tolar
+	{   13, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP "Kr",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_SEK    }, ///< swedish krona
+	{    3, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             NBSP "TL",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_TRY    }, ///< turkish lira
+	{   52, "", 2009,      "",             NBSP "Sk",        1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_SKK    }, ///< slovak koruna
+	{    4, "", CF_NOEURO, "R$" NBSP,       "",              0, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_BRL    }, ///< brazil real
+	{   20, "", 2011,      "",             NBSP "EEK",       1, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_EEK    }, ///< estonian krooni
 	{    1, "", CF_NOEURO, "",             "",              2, STR_GAME_OPTIONS_CURRENCY_CUSTOM }, ///< custom currency
 };
unistd.h is needed for various function calls in this file on Linux. For the time being I've just removed the test, though I expect that there's another suitable define to check.

--- a/src/fileio.cpp	Fri Jan 11 18:00:00 2013 +0100
+++ b/src/fileio.cpp	Thu Sep 26 00:22:12 2013 +0100
@@ -22,9 +22,9 @@
 #include <Path.h>
 #include <storage/FindDirectory.h>
 #else
-#if defined(OPENBSD) || defined(DOS)
+//#if defined(OPENBSD) || defined(DOS)
 #include <unistd.h>
-#endif
+//#endif
 #include <pwd.h>
 #endif
 #include <sys/stat.h>
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Thank you very much for those fixes JGR, much apreciated.

Unfortunately I do not have a properly working environment to test; both currently and yet (outdated, half broken and completely broken respectively).
JGR wrote: For the sake of documentation I'll list them here (for all I know they may or may not have since fixed somewhere else).
At the moment the repo and the patch/binary in the first post are still exactly the same.

Would you like commit access to the repo?
As I know that you are quite capable and do not try silly stuff you'd be more then welcome to push change yourself as you see fit. ;)
I am rather limited in time ... trying to do 10 things at a time and did not get to fullfil some other promisses I made previously (sorry kingrein and others).

For the compile farm to be fixed I would need to bother TrueBrain to change a folder name to match the new repo's; IIRC that is was the only thing wrong still for it to work again ... but as I knew that I was not going to make any commits anytime soon I have not yet asked. ;)

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Doing a bit of digging...
The currency issue was fixed in svn r23196 by smatz.
The fileio.cpp issue was fixed in svn r22719 by smatz.
Should just be a matter of git cherry-pick or hg graft for those.
The multimap.hpp file seems to have disappeared from trunk entirely.

Since these days I'm effectively full time Linux, compiling or testing anything for Windows is a lot of hassle. So I could only really test on Linux. (Though I suppose I ought to get the cross-compiler and VM installed at some point).

That said, I'd be happy to commit those if need be, in case anyone else ends up trying to compile it on Linux/gcc 4.7.

I don't think that you strictly need the compile farm in this instance. The output (baked in revision numbers aside perhaps) after the above changes will be identical to existing builds.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

JGR wrote: That said, I'd be happy to commit those if need be, in case anyone else ends up trying to compile it on Linux/gcc 4.7.
Happy to hear that.
I will send you a PM shortly on how to proceed.
I don't think that you strictly need the compile farm in this instance. The output (baked in revision numbers aside perhaps) after the above changes will be identical to existing builds.
Not strictly no but it would be useful if you decide to continue committing, not that I expect you to do so.
Besides windows binaries it also provides OSX binaries, patches and ready to compile sources so more people would be inclined to test, resulting in more feedback then you would otherwise get.
Maybe nice to know for a project of your own later. ;)

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

ChillCore wrote:Not strictly no but it would be useful if you decide to continue committing, not that I expect you to do so.
Besides windows binaries it also provides OSX binaries, patches and ready to compile sources so more people would be inclined to test, resulting in more feedback then you would otherwise get.
Maybe nice to know for a project of your own later. ;)
I'm not planning to continue committing. I have various other personal coding projects of my own in mid-flow which I've been somewhat neglecting, and don't intend take on any more at the moment.

EDIT:
The changes have now been committed.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
pecX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pecX »

Hi there,

is there any stand-alone version for win 7 / 64 bit?
I can´t compile but would like to play this patchpack :D
moki
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by moki »

The win32 build from the first page works fine with Win7/64bit. I'm still using it, because ChiPP is the patch pack for me and there is no real alternative. Sadly, it's outdated and doesn't support new features like rivers and some current NewGRFs. Updating this monster through thousands of revisions is just not worth it, so everyone who's not a programmer or willing to learn how to be one, will just have to wait until someone starts another pack like it.

The most similar pack right now is YAPP. You may want to try that - it's pretty good. The only thing that really annoys me is the current lack of an easy automatic timetable separation like the one by Gathers. All other solutions are just too complicated to set up and maintain.
Captain Rand
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Captain Rand »

Hi,

I've moved to Linux and am having trouble installing the patchpack. I downloaded the latest version and on trying to unpack it I'm told that is isn't a valid archive.

BTW I play cpp exclusively. For me, the game is unplayable without it.

Pete.
There's nothing like a deadline to hone the concentration.

Good manners cost nothing, but earn respect.

" 'Impossible' is not in our vocabulary." Jack Chrichton, Farscape
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Make sure you've transferred the file via binary, not ASCII. Make sure that your version of 7-Zip is up-to-date.
Captain Rand
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Captain Rand »

Hi Kamnet.

I have no idea what you mean.... Binary vs ascii???

All I did was go to the download page for CPP and saved to my PC, then tried to unpack the tar with the built in archive manager (I'm using Linux Mint) which has never failed me before now.

Pete.
There's nothing like a deadline to hone the concentration.

Good manners cost nothing, but earn respect.

" 'Impossible' is not in our vocabulary." Jack Chrichton, Farscape
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

If you downloaded it straight to your PC via your web browser, then it most likely downloaded in binary. The only other thing I can suggest is that your Archive Manager is running an older copy of the 7-Zip format and can't read it correctly. I downloaded the file and opened it without issue on Windows 7 and the official 7-Zip client. If that doesn't work, then perhaps your download became corrupted somehow. Wiping the old file off your driv and trying to download it again may be the solution.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

kamnet wrote:Make sure you've transferred the file via binary, not ASCII. Make sure that your version of 7-Zip is up-to-date.
Binary vs ascii downloads is only an issue for FTP and a few other legacy protocols, it's very likely not the issue here.

What has 7-zip got to do with it? The poster mentioned a tar archive.
Unless the poster is running a positively ancient version of Mint, tar will be as up to date as it needs to be.

Captain Rand:
I suggest that you check that the length of the file matches that given on the server.
Check also that you've downloaded the right file and that it is indeed a .tar.whatever
You may wish to post the specific URL you used.
If it still won't work, run md5sum [downloaded filename], and check it matches that given in the md5summ file on the server.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
marek17
Engineer
Engineer

Post by marek17 »

I found Bug

Version h122e7a62,h83a53b6e
link http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/chillpp/releases/
Attachments
Beze jména, 1. led 2360.png
(225.04 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Motherboard:ASUS P8Z77-V CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K RAM: 4x8GB Crucial BLT8G3D1608DT1TX0CEU GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7950 Boost
PSU: Enermax 525W Pro82+ HDD: 3x WD 3TB SATA3.0
DVDROM: Bluray LG BH16NS40,LiteON iHAS 124E Monitor: Eizo 24" EV2436WFS3-BK EcoView Case: BitFenix Colossus Red Bigtower
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Thank you for the report marek17.

Your version of OpenGFX is too new to be used with the patchpack, placing OpenGFX 0.4.6(*) in the data folder shoud fix your problem IIRC.

(*)
As I am not too sure about the version nr, could let me know if that solved the problem please?
I will then update the first post with the correct info.

marek17
Engineer
Engineer

Post by marek17 »

The stable version of this graphic bug not discovered yet.

Unfortunately makes me angry that thing when you want to play the map to distinetion 16384x16384 game crashes and shows a warning screen will be. It does not have enough free memory. (Out of Memory).
Attachments
allocate.png
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Motherboard:ASUS P8Z77-V CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K RAM: 4x8GB Crucial BLT8G3D1608DT1TX0CEU GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7950 Boost
PSU: Enermax 525W Pro82+ HDD: 3x WD 3TB SATA3.0
DVDROM: Bluray LG BH16NS40,LiteON iHAS 124E Monitor: Eizo 24" EV2436WFS3-BK EcoView Case: BitFenix Colossus Red Bigtower

Return to “OpenTTD Development”