Chill's patchpack v14_7

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Mahoo76
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Chill's patchpack v14_5

Post by Mahoo76 »

Dante123 wrote:is it correct that the new "Dutch Trainset 2" newGRF is not comaptible with this version of openttd where chill's patchpack is based on ?
That's correct. Chill's pack is based on an older version of OTTD and is not compatible with DTS 2.0 :cry:
cp1900
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cp1900 »

thphwh wrote:Close all programs down. Try running your normal OTTD, then see if a .cfg file appears in the OTTD folder in the directory in my previous post, then run the precompiled version of OpenTTD with the PatchPack. Finally, delete the .cfg file if there is one. See if this works.
I was searching on the wrong place. Now its working fine! Thanks for your help! :D
thphwh
Director
Director

Post by thphwh »

No problem, I had installed it a few days ago and had exactly the same problem, though I had to figure it out myself. I think you need a different configuration file for the Patch pack binary. Probably. :grin:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk
Metrication
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Metrication »

Is there a mirror for this? I'm trying to download the OSX version and the download speed drops below 1kb/s or doesn't complete : :cry:
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

http://101.bundles.openttdcoop.org

I have yet no clue, what this could cause, I am investigating...
Metrication
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Metrication »

Ammler wrote:http://101.bundles.openttdcoop.org

I have yet no clue, what this could cause, I am investigating...
Thanks. It's still doing it in the main download section.
Anderwin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Anderwin »

I don't know how to install this.

I do this: I install openTTD 1.2.2. It's start with no problems. Go to the site to download so I download h122e7a62/ openttd-chillpp-h122e7a62-windows-win64.zip . Because I have 64-bit win 7. Open the zip, extract all to the openttd folder. Try to open the game this happen:
OpenTTD
ini: invalid value
'SHOW_TOWN_NAMES|SHOW_STATION_NAME|SHOW_SIGNS|FULL_ANIMATION|FULL_DETAIL|WAYPOINTS|SHOW_COMPETITOR_SIGNS'for'dosplay_opt'
I press ok then this happen:
ERROR!
Failed to find a graphics set. Please acquire a graphics set for OpenTTD. See section 4.1 of readme.txt.
Strange, why is it no grafic now but is worked when I just installed it and downloaded the gfx packs because I do not have the Transport Tycoon cd's here.

Then I go to INSTALLATION / CHANGELOG at this thread.

I download this file:
DOS_chipp_v13_5_needed_grfs_and_sources.7z.zip

Then I copy over the files. Same errors :(.

Then I download copypaste.grf

And trafficlights.grf but what files is it?

Can't open OpenTTD, even copy over everything.
Sallarsahr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sallarsahr »

Hi,

I have a WIN7 64Bit, too.

I have install the OTTD 1.2.2, which starts without any problems.

Then i have download the newest CPP-Version, extract this *zip in an other direction.

To start OTTD 1.2.2, i take the installed links in the Startmenue/Link on desktop.
To start CPP i have make a Link on the desktop from the ottd.exe from the extract *zip direction.

Both Versions works on the same direction in the documents/ottd direction to make the saved games and newgrfs downloads.

Sallarsahr
Anderwin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Anderwin »

I got it to open now but when I press openttd I got this:

OpenTTD
ini: invalid value
'SHOW_TOWN_NAMES|SHOW_STATION_NAME|SHOW_SIGNS|FULL_ANIMATION|FULL_DETAIL|WAYPOINTS|SHOW_COMPETITOR_SIGNS'for'dosplay_opt'

But the game work with GFX and so on now. But my cities, stations and so on have no names on the land and so on. :(. What is this problems? I didn't even download the trafficlight stuff.

But I can place lights at the start of a bridge and at the end is that's a new feature or should I get the options to have light on the brigde itself?

Please help!
thphwh
Director
Director

Post by thphwh »

thphwh wrote:If you had a normal installation of OTTD before you acquired the Bundle:
Look in - The OpenTTD folder in your user account's home directory:
Windows: C:\My Documents\OpenTTD (95, 98, ME)
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\OpenTTD\ (2000, XP)
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\OpenTTD\ (Vista, 7)
Mac OSX: ~/Documents/OpenTTD/
Linux: ~/.openttd/
And delete the .cfg file.
This is what happened to me. In any other scenario, I can't help you... :?
thphwh wrote:Close all programs down. Try running your normal OTTD, then see if a .cfg file appears in the OTTD folder in the directory in my previous post, then run the precompiled version of OpenTTD with the PatchPack. Finally, delete the .cfg file if there is one. See if this works.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk
I and another user had this problem;just follow either instructions. I had to work this out myself and I tried everything. If this doesn't work, I'm not sure what I can do. Hope this works! :grin:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Any idea why eGRVTS2 would not work with the latest CPP?
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

kamnet wrote:Any idea why eGRVTS2 would not work with the latest CPP?
Chill's Patchpack is lagging far behind trunk in many newgrf aspects. GRFs compiled with recent nightly versions of NML, for instance, won't be compatible with Chill's Patchpack due to a new grf container revision (among other things, IIRC).
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Supercheese wrote:
kamnet wrote:Any idea why eGRVTS2 would not work with the latest CPP?
Chill's Patchpack is lagging far behind trunk in many newgrf aspects. GRFs compiled with recent nightly versions of NML, for instance, won't be compatible with Chill's Patchpack due to a new grf container revision (among other things, IIRC).
eGRVTS2 is listed as being compatible with OpenTTD 1.0.0 or higher, and I'm pretty sure that CPP is compiled from trunk which is much more recent than OpenTTD 1.0.0.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

kamnet wrote:eGRVTS2 is listed as being compatible with OpenTTD 1.0.0 or higher, and I'm pretty sure that CPP is compiled from trunk which is much more recent than OpenTTD 1.0.0.
This is just conjecture, but perhaps that compatibility statement is incorrect, as I suspect that eGRVTS 2 was compiled with a nightly NML version. See: http://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/NM ... troduction
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Supercheese wrote:
kamnet wrote:eGRVTS2 is listed as being compatible with OpenTTD 1.0.0 or higher, and I'm pretty sure that CPP is compiled from trunk which is much more recent than OpenTTD 1.0.0.
This is just conjecture, but perhaps that compatibility statement is incorrect, as I suspect that eGRVTS 2 was compiled with a nightly NML version. See: http://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/NM ... troduction

Just downloaded 1.0.0, indeed, doesn't show up there either.
SirXavius
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by SirXavius »

Coming back after a long hiatus. I DL'd OTTD 1.2.2, and was wondering where i can get the Chillpak build for this release, and if it even exists. If not, what's the latest nightly i can use?
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

See the first post download links.
AFAIK, no ChillPP version has been based directly off a stable branch, because that would be silly :P .
The latest (rather old) version of CPP is still based off r22555, which is newer than the 1.1.x branch but much older than 1.2.x - now about 3000 revisions behind current trunk. This means that many recent grfs (pretty much anything since 1.2.0 came out) aren't compatible with it, sadly.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
SirXavius
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by SirXavius »

Hmmm :? ...well, i'm upgrading from 22553, which seems perfectly okay with me, so i guess i'll have to choose between the tried and true and the new and improved. I'll hafta see what new features have been added...

Thanks for the info... 8)
tamat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tamat »

I know its a silly question but I have to ask, sorry:

Is there any chances that we will have a ChillPP with the OpenTTD 1.2.2?
I love the CPP but as a scripter it will be nice to have access to the latest features like NoGO

Thanks a lot for the effort.
yep, I'm Spanish
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Jacko »

Simple answer is no
not unless someone does a lot of work or the patchpack is remade
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am

Return to “OpenTTD Development”