Patch: Alternative Acceptance/Production areas

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

J0anJosep
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Patch: Alternative Acceptance/Production areas

Post by J0anJosep »

Current catchment area of a station is explained here. In fact it is a little more complex than that, but it doesn't matter.

This patch modifies that definition and tries to unify it (acceptance area = production area). The alternative proposed here defines the catchment area of a station as the union of the catchment area of each single tile belonging to that station.

I know the patch takes lots of lines for no gameplay improvement. Really, it is almost useless. It is just to write future patches. I just post it here as I think it can be interesting to have it separated from other patches.
Attachments
AlternateCatchmentDefinition_v1_r24450.diff
Complete patch
(43.58 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
AlternateCatchmentDefinition_v1_r24450.zip
Mercurial queue
(23.58 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Last edited by J0anJosep on 01 Sep 2012 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Juanjo
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Patch: Alternative Acceptance/Production areas

Post by Terkhen »

I find this patch interesting, even if it just unifies some concepts. I always find the station areas confusing, and I need to check the wiki to be sure about how it works. The patch is quite big, though; with regard to reviewing, it would be better if it could be splitted into smaller, working parts.
J0anJosep
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by J0anJosep »

Terkhen wrote:... it would be better if it could be splitted into smaller, working parts.
I posted a mercurial queue in the first post with the patch split into a dozen (non-working) parts. I hope you asked for that.
If you mean smaller parts that work, by the way I wrote the patch I would have to fully rewrite it. Or maybe someone with better programming skills can do it much better.
Formerly known as Juanjo
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Small patches that include a single change and don't break the game (even if subsequent patches make the game work again) are preferred, but I guess that if the change is big and not easily splittable having smaller, working paches does not have to be mandatory. Besides that, a patch queue should be fine. I'm sorry, I saw .zip and as usual with patch threads I assumed windows binary :)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”