Another Daylength patch

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

george11
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Another Daylength patch

Post by george11 »

I really like this patch, because it makes road vehicles viable form of transport. If the industries produce 5x less it is possible to haul most of the stuff by road, and use the rail for long distance hauls(as in real life). The only thing is that the graphic loop on some industries seems to be bugged. If I set 5x daylength, the animation of smoke(see coal stations) seems to go in jumps of fast animation and then long pauses. It hapens also for the animation for advanced station tiles (forklifts). Also I have tried to compile this with the newest build and failed miserably, but I chalk that to the fact that I have never compiled anything in my life, and was only following the wiki instruction manual.
Still, thanks for the patch anyways.
pavel1269
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by pavel1269 »

This bug is there from the creation of the patch. I never even worked on removing that one, because I forgot faster than I try to fix it. Also, when I play, I don't notice it at all (or I get used to it?).
mtwist
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mtwist »

Hello,

is it possible to get a OTTD version including "true daylength patch" from here

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=911647#p911647

patched either into the source of 1.2.0-beta1 (preferred) or into the latest trunk? I would need a version for OSX OTTD.

Thanks in advance! :D
george11
Engineer
Engineer

Post by george11 »

Is this patch still working or is it dead? I have recently gone back to OTTD and the 1.2 is absolutely awesome. The only thing is that the time goes way too fast for my liking, so I just have to settle for the older version. Problem is some of the GRF don't like the old version and getting older versions of various GRF is a bit of a problem...
ColdIce
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ColdIce »

george11 wrote:Is this patch still working or is it dead? I have recently gone back to OTTD and the 1.2 is absolutely awesome. The only thing is that the time goes way too fast for my liking, so I just have to settle for the older version. Problem is some of the GRF don't like the old version and getting older versions of various GRF is a bit of a problem...
I like to play with 1 day = 334 ticks = 10 seconds (i think :? )

so I downloaded the source from trunk and changed in /src/date_type.h line static const int DAY_TICKS = 334;

1 day = 74 ticks = ~2 sec for normal game time

If you know how to compile the game, you can make this change and compile it.
The rest is confetti!
george11
Engineer
Engineer

Post by george11 »

No sorry, I have tried to compile this in the past, but I have zero programming skills. I think I managed to follow the tutorial from the wiki, but It returned some kind of error so I gave up. I even gave it to a friend to try and compile, but he didn't manage it either. I was thinking I would give anybody 10 pounds from Paypal if they could compile this for windows version. Or I would donate it to OTTD, I think the guys working on this game deserve every bit of support.
ffpp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ffpp »

ColdIce wrote: If you know how to compile the game, you can make this change and compile it.

Code: Select all

mkdir ~/bla
cd ~/bla
svn co svn://svn.openttd.org/trunk
cd trunk
./configure
make
./bin/openttd
sorry, bored :mrgreen:
desiroboy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by desiroboy »

Great patch, but how would i install these type of patches ?
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

desiroboy wrote:Great patch, but how would i install these type of patches ?
http://wiki.openttd.org/Patches
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
george11
Engineer
Engineer

Post by george11 »

That doesn't work for me for some reason. I think the patch is just too old to successfully compile with the current version. maybe I am doing something wrong, I don't know. Oh and what Cold Ice and FFPP posted, That doesn't actually slow down the intustry output, just the passage of time(I think). I will jut keep to my old R22256m build, witch is the last one working with this patch.
ColdIce
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ColdIce »

george11 wrote:That doesn't work for me for some reason. I think the patch is just too old to successfully compile with the current version.
true. the patch need to be updated.
george11 wrote:Oh and what Cold Ice and FFPP posted, That doesn't actually slow down the intustry output, just the passage of time(I think).
also true :P
The rest is confetti!
pavel1269
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by pavel1269 »

Updated to trunk. Pretty much no change whatsoever. Patch can be found in this post.
lugo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lugo »

i want to thank you so much, can't express in words
Ottomobeale
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ottomobeale »

Could some compile a windows binary of this thing using one of the latest versions such as 1.2 RC3 or RC4? I have spent hours trying to do this to no avail. Sorry I am not a programmer and even following the directions in the WIKI I fail.
handrake
Engineer
Engineer

Post by handrake »

Ottomobeale wrote:Could some compile a windows binary of this thing using one of the latest versions such as 1.2 RC3 or RC4? I have spent hours trying to do this to no avail. Sorry I am not a programmer and even following the directions in the WIKI I fail.
Try this patch.
day_length_r24110.diff
(7.46 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

I think his point was that he can't make use of patches, as he cannot compile OTTD. He would like an updated precompiled binary to be posted, and indeed the vast majority of users (myself included) only ever use precompiled binaries.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Ottomobeale
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ottomobeale »

I do mean a precompiled windows binary. I promise I have tried to do it. Spent hours trying actually. I just have zero luck (more accurately lack of tech knowlege) on any of the various wiki pages and posts here.
handrake
Engineer
Engineer

Post by handrake »

Ottomobeale wrote:I do mean a precompiled windows binary. I promise I have tried to do it. Spent hours trying actually. I just have zero luck (more accurately lack of tech knowlege) on any of the various wiki pages and posts here.
I thought your failure was simply due to the revision difference. But, here it goes...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4436543/openttd ... r24093.zip

r24093 + this patch and nothing else.
george11
Engineer
Engineer

Post by george11 »

Ohoo, I was stedying myself mentally for a few weeks to get myself to try and compile this updated patch, since I have long deleted all the compiling programs and my internet connection is dodgy at best. Thank you very much for this compile, Now I can play updated OTTD once again.
As promised, I have just made 10 pounds paypal donation for the OTTD comunity. Thank you again.
iviv
Engineer
Engineer

Post by iviv »

How much work is it to update the patch to the newest OpenTTD revision?

I opened the 22257 and 24094 files up in notepad++ and unfortunately it seems like you have to update version functions which have changed in the game, as well as some numbers which seem to be changed for no apparent reason for me. And as I know zero about coding, unfortunately its not something I could have a go at :(

Return to “OpenTTD Development”