Icon - extended for Vista sizes

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Icon - extended for Vista sizes

Post by Lakie »

Hi,

I'm not completely sure where to put this, but being a Vista user it annoyed me that the default icon for OpenTTD only supports up to 48px (Medium size).
I decided to merge the 96px (thumbal size) and 256px (Vista size) images pngs into the icon (Vista doesn't use the 128px size for some reason).

As far as I can tell it works fine on Vista, and should work on XP.
There is one minor issue that is caused by Vista's scaling down of the 256px format for anything over 48px which makes it look odd between 64px and 48px icon sizes.

[edit] This icon replaces the icon "openttd.ico" in the "<openttd source>/media" folder.

Note that the images used are the ones provided with OpenTTD's source so I take no credit for any of this, credit goes to the respective image authors.

~ Lakie
Attachments
openttd.zip
Vista compatible icon (zipped because the forums don't allow .ico).
(108.4 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Last edited by Lakie on 16 Apr 2008 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Re: Icon - extended for Vista sizes

Post by Digitalfox »

Nice work :D

Return to “OpenTTD Development”