Integrated Version ChrisIN R2 [2008/03/20] *r11703*

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Integrated Version ChrisIN R2 [2008/03/20] *r11703*

Post by chrissicom »

This patchpack is not updated anymore and outdated compared to current trunk revision. It runs pretty stable though, has few bugs and is multiplayer save. So feel free to play :)

Credits for the patches go to the original authors! (every patch is linked for additional info)
Savegame compatibility of current build was tested with:
OpenTTD 0.5.x, r9768 up to ChrisIN R2 revision (should work with older revisions as well), ChrisIN-Final-1 (r11485) and above.
OpenTTD 0.6.x savegames can't be loaded with this patchpack as they are too new.
Latest Win32 Build: (.diff and seperate .grf files below)
openttd-r11703-ChrisIN.zip
Extract to your OpenTTD directory. Language files and required .grf included.
(2.49 MiB) Downloaded 767 times
How to install the binary build
Simply extract the .zip directly into your OpenTTD folder and replace any existing files. If you do not want to replace files you can also copy your OpenTTD folder to a new location and replace the files there so you can keep your original installation. Your original install should be 0.5.x or newer or you might require additional files that are not provided by the above .zip.

r11703:
- A lot of patch code was moved to the new split-up header files and includes were updated.
- Diagonal levelling and demolishing was highly modified, because it had stopped working.
- Obsolete header files were removed from the MSVC 2008 project and new ones were added in project folder header files.
- Savegame version bumped to version 89 in r11589. Trunk at this time was 83.
- Smoovious chat patch was adapted for trunk compatibility (had to re-add and edit some small bits).
- The max windows patch was removed due to similar trunk functionality.
Known Bugs:
- There is a known bug that Ctrl + Rightclicking a station shows the station spread area, but it makes the area sticky with your mouse until you click something else.
- There is a known bug that the copy & paste patch does not copy routemarkers (as they are not in trunk and the patch is intended for trunk).
- There is a known bug with DB Set XL (maybe other GRFs too) that the refit icon is greyed out until the first refit is done, although you can refit the train.

r11550:
- Signal GUI was added to trunk in r11547.
- Select bridge dialogue fix was removed because the problems were solved in trunk.
- A lot of junk was cleaned up from macros.h which was removed in trunk.
- Savegame compatibility will be used only down to ChrisIN-Final-1 (r11485), you can use this version to bump older savegames.
- CHANCE16 renamed to Chance16 for Smoke Patch.
- Several smaller patch fixes for trunk compatibility especially making routemarkers and the trunk signal GUI work together nicely.
- This version of ChrisIN now properly modifies the Visual Studio 2008 files. VS2005 can't be used anymore to compile with the .diff provided here.

31 active patches in alphabetical order (9 were added to trunk already and 2 were removed):
  • Allow to disable exclusive rights and/or give money (Added to trunk r11188)
  • Autolist for ungrouped vehicles (Added to trunk r10567)
  • Toolbar overlap fix v2 (Added to trunk in r11256)
  • Town road cleanup (Added to trunk r11172)
  • Select bridge dialogue fix (Added to trunk r11539)
  • Small map industry selector (Added to trunk in r11474)
  • Signal auto complete (Added to trunk r10437)
  • Signal GUI (Added to trunk r11547)
  • Statues on slopes (Added to trunk r11069)
  • Deepwater (removed in r11485)*
  • More open windows (removed in r11703)
*Games which made use of this patch are not properly loadable anymore despite savegame compatibility mentioned here.

ChrisIN IRC Channel
[url]irc://irc.oftc.net/#openttd.ChrisIN[/url]

Additional thanks to:
There are too many people to mention so before I miss somebody and mention individual people, I want to thank all the developers and testers for helping me with the code, syncing and of course testing and playing this build!! :))

Please post any bugs or suggestions and don't hesitate to ask me to include a patch. Most important requirement for inclusion is, that it does not break savegame compatiblity and does not contain serious and/or obvious bugs. :)) Also please don't be angry if I don't include a patch, not every patch is easy to keep synced and also some patches are interesting to a very limited amount of people only, making it less attractive for this build or may be in trunk in a similar way anyway. Thanks for your understanding!
Thanks to ukdmbfan for offering a MAC version: http://www.mattedesign.co.uk/openttd/chrisin/
Thanks to Desolator for offering a Windows 98 compatible version of r11355: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=639002#p639002
ChrisIN Source will be made available here (not all releases): http://www.christophsackl.com/openttd/p ... hrisIN/src
Version Archive: http://www.christophsackl.com/openttd/public. You can also find old versions here to bump your ChrisIN savegames if you haven't updated for a while. ChrisIN .diff files for which there is no binary are test builds, use at your own risk!
Attachments
r11703-ChrisIN.diff
If you want to compile yourself this .diff will help you :-) (GCC or Visual Studio 2008, VS2005 is not supported).
(489 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
ChrisIN-required-GRFs-v6.zip
Required .grf files in case you compiled yourself. You still need the original files of TTDLX, they are not provided here!
(393.21 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Last edited by chrissicom on 16 Jul 2013 07:53, edited 8 times in total.
Youri219
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Integrated Version ChrisIN-WIP-2 [2008/03/14] *Discussion*

Post by Youri219 »

While I appreciate all your hard work, I see very little reason to start maintain yet another separate branch, which at some point will get too hard to maintain. It happened with the MiniIN, with your previous ChrisIn, and will almost certainly happen again at some point. It might be better if you work together with Gonozal keeping his patch pack up to date. Two people can do more than one.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

I'm not sure it's possible, if people would like this, and if it's what I think but...

May be you could sync the next ChrisIN with the noai branch instead of the trunk.
As it looks like, the noai branch is already sync with the trunk, but adds also the noai features.

When I see the current tentatives of new AIs, I would love to see it in the next release of ChrisIN. But I don't have any idea about the actual changes with the trunk. May be an OTTD dev should give more information about this.

This should have a few good points : more testers for the noai branch, patches that are ready to use with noai (by exemple, I think about my timetable separation patch, it might be nice to see the ai using it).
But it might have also some disadvantages, again an OTTD dev should give more information.
Buhmann
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Buhmann »

But the AI would have problems to use new patch freatures, wouldn't it?
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Interesting... I'll update my patches just for the occasion. :-)

BTW - Buhmann - the patches are mostly player/gameplay settings. AI will do just fine using the tools available by default...
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I also suggest you work with Gonozal.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Lupin III
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lupin III »

I, too, would suggest you work together with Gonozal. Maybe you could both use the same base, with patches that work without problems and thereby split your maintenance work. And then each of you could add a few to make a "ChrisIN" and "GonzolaIN". I really like most of the patches that are in the final ChrisIN. If I had to order them by rating:

* Copy and paste
* Distant join stations
* Extra large maps patch
* Buy an area of land
* Diagonal demolishing and leveling
* Route markers
* Increase town construction costs
* Maximum subsidy distance modifier
* Minimum town/industry distance
* Close airports
* Daylength patch
* Group income info
* Timetable based seperation patch
* Better graphs
* Town rating indicator and OffsetByTownRating function
* Longer history of finances
* Rightlick show station spread area
* Small map industry selector
* Trip history
* Signal GUI
* Mail subsidies
* Smoother realistic acceleration
* Modifiable air crash rates
* Speed info tab in the vehicle window

The difference between the first and the last is like from 10/10 to 8/10 (I left out the patches that I didn't really use), so I actually like them all ;-)
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Integrated Version ChrisIN-WIP-2 [2008/03/17] *r11550*

Post by chrissicom »

Ok new plan guys, since there are other patch packs floating around it doesn't really make sense to create a new ChrisIN. So I decided to checkout Gonozal's pack a little and also offer a slowly updated version of ChrisIN here. I have quite some problems compiling Gonozal's pack so I think I can do more when I update the old ChrisIN a little so new features are added :-) I leave the first final ChrisIN in the other thread so it can be found easily and offer this version here as an upgrade with more support. Hope that's ok with you guys :-)
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Everything is fine for me, as long as you're happy to provide us an updated ChrisIN pack :)

Thanks for you efforts, and I wish Gonozal will come back soon and help you with the remaining patches he putted in his pack. :)

I mostly think about PaxDest and PBS, as those 2 patch are really cool. IMHO, you can get rid of the engine pool for some time, as it produce some side effects when using complex GRFs. Thus, I love this patch too, but I think it will be more usefull for people designing big vehicle sets. By exemple, if you use UKRS and DBXL, you quickly realise you won't buy any DB train before the ICE, as UK trains are better -cheaper, faster and more powerfull- (in the sets at least).

So it remains only interesting for the road vehicles, as it allows you to use trams and bus sets together.
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

Well I've noticed that the sets aren't really balanced against each other anyway, DB Set for example has pretty low waggon speed limits in the beginning (what I personally really like) but the other sets don't have such limits and therefor you can build a lot faster trains when you combine the sets which is bad imo.

Scenario:
I use DB Set and have slow waggons but powerful locomotives
My brother plays Japan Set and he got no speed limits on waggons and therefore the not so good locomotives don't matter

I know PaxDest and PBS are really cool patches, but I am really unsure if I will include them in ChrisIN in the current state. Both these patches are really badly documented, I have no clue what all the PaxDest switches do and also PBS isn't always working as I think it would from intuition. But I have to update ChrisIN by a few hundread revisions first anyway, so maybe these two patches are updated by the time I am at 12k+ with ChrisIN revision.

Edit: I am already @r11600 locally so a new build will be here tomorrow or so I guess :)
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Good news then :)

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=673525#p673525

The PaxDest patch is updated and there is a manual now, it might be quite help full to understand the different switches :)
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

I've updated to r11703 locally now and as expected the diagonal levelling by clicking control doesn't work anymore because some other terrain tool is supposed to use ctrl now. I didn't really understand in the diagonal levelling thread which tool now uses ctrl, so can somebody clear me up? :)

Good news indeed for the Pax Patch :-) As soon as I can be sure that it has no influence on the game when disabled I will incude it in ChrisIN if it's compatible :-)
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

Maybe they were talking of the patch I made? It activates "drawing" when holding CTRL. (see advanced terraform in my signature, it`s the "raise land with a +" icon)
In trunk AFAIK there isn`t anything else activated by CTRL in this place. Though I can only talk about trunk as of 2008/03/11 since I went on holidays then and don`t have access to svn here. But I doubt any CTRL feature went in trunk during the last week.

edit: read svn log and as expected no such feature has hit trunk.
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Integrated Version ChrisIN-WIP-2 [2008/03/20] *r11703*

Post by chrissicom »

So, after playing multiplayer with my brother a few hours two days in a row I think the current build can be considered stable and released :-) There are a few known bugs but they don't crash the game or something. I had to recode a lot of the diagonal levelling patch to keep it working. Also the bug where the selection rectangle was not drawn correctly (mentioned by Sir Boey for ChrisIN-Final-1) should be fixed now. If you find more bugs than the 3 mentioned please let me known, also suggesting solutions would be great :-)
Nebula
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nebula »

Please conisder the implementation of the "orders patch" http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... &sk=t&sd=a.

The last weeks I played R8928-MiniIN which had that feature I used very very often.

Now I want to start a new game with a newer build due to probs with some newgrfs I want to use.

Your integrated version has some quiet nice patches build in; it also works with the newgrfs, but that percentage-loading feature is missing. :cry:

I tried to compile an integrated version with the patches I want, but I don't get BuildOTTD to work, TortoiseSVN neither. X(

thx
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

This is not really the same feature, but this can reproduce a part of the old order patch : use the timetable patch (not the separation, just the timetable).
Don't fill the entire timetable, but just say the train to wait "x days" at the stations.

It won't exactely load X%, but it will allow your train to wait some time at the station, and leave before it's fully loaded.

PS for Chrissicom : I updated my "timetable based separation patch" in order to fix an annoying problem. The fix is currently in experimental status, as I didn't test is much, and didn't get any feedbacks. But it seems to work find. In two words, the "master" train will now continuously update it's timetable in order to reflect any change in travel times. By this way, replacing the vehicules by faster ones, and changing the tracks layout won't require anymore you update all the timetable again.
You can find it here : http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 4&start=80
Nebula
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nebula »

Thanks,

but it would be very hard to calculate the waiting-days for every train and its timetable.
In the old game my trains picked up load at several stations laying next to each other.

For example:
2 coalmines, one /w 400t/month, the other /w 600t/month.
a couple of trains driving between the mines and the powerplant, picking up 40% @400t-mine and 60% @600t-mine.
so I got the trains fully loaded /wo long waiting time and a good rating.
TheJosh
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Integrated Version ChrisIN R2 [2008/03/20] *r11703*

Post by TheJosh »

Please remove my Found a Town patch, as it is too old and im going to make a new version some day.
Want to make a real difference? Australia HOPE International - Bringing hope to African orphans and widows.
sickie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sickie »

But you said that you'll update Fund new town in a few months, maybe years, did you not?
ColdIce
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ColdIce »

I have a problem with the rail signals! I can convert old signals (semaphores) with the electric ones only if I click the signals one by one! I want to convert signals all at once! How can I do that?
The rest is confetti!

Return to “OpenTTD Development”