S60v3 port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

siminhu
Engineer
Engineer

Re: S60v3 port

Post by siminhu »

siminhu wrote:
siminhu wrote:Hi,

I found a Problem on 5800XM or I am not able to use the application :-)

With the latest release I try to start the game, but when I build BUS stations and Garage I did not recive any order, it seams ther is no pepople or Industry in the game.

Can you check?

BR,

SIM
Most probably some of you already set up 5800 xm with OpenTTD, I am not able to do?

Is there any explanation what I can use?

BR,

SIM
I have a problem, openTTD.txt contain the following:

dbg: [grf] [2cc_trainset.beta_2.02/2ccdj.grf:1] ReserveChangeInfo: Invalid pseudo sprite length 4 (expected 6)!
dbg: [grf] [2cc_trainset.beta_2.02/2ccdj.grf:1] FeatureChangeInfo: Invalid pseudo sprite length 4 (expected 6)!

Can you check?

THX,

SIM
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

dbg: [grf] [2cc_trainset.beta_2.02/2ccdj.grf:1] ReserveChangeInfo: Invalid pseudo sprite length 4 (expected 6)!
dbg: [grf] [2cc_trainset.beta_2.02/2ccdj.grf:1] FeatureChangeInfo: Invalid pseudo sprite length 4 (expected 6)!
There are some problems with (additional) grf file. Please check how it works on PC and also try to remove the offending file. This may however just be a harmless warning.
siminhu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by siminhu »

wolf wrote:

There are some problems with (additional) grf file. Please check how it works on PC and also try to remove the offending file. This may however just be a harmless warning.
Yes, but when I start the game on 5800 XM than i can not see any order for bus i mean no passanger avaiable in the biggest city after 20 minutes.

How i fill it is not normal. ANY IDEA?

THX,

SIM
PhillyDee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PhillyDee »

Hallo, long time lurker . . . . Long time player.

Just like to say this installed perfectly on my 5800XM with no additional library files needed. What an excellent little app. Im amazed it runs on my phone, but I hope you realise that you are now responsible for my lack of work at work :twisted: .

Many thanks for this great port! I have had a couple of minutes of play, but I will try and replicate some other faults on the phone and post back!
xZise
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xZise »

xZise wrote:Hi all, i could not fix that bug :( , but there is an other "problem": there is no death log in the root directory. Do i have to start it with a parameter? But how I could start it with a parameter on a E60?
Thanks xzise.
i could only repeat my question. xzise
MafiotuL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MafiotuL »

Working great on my Nokia E51...

Thanks a lot! Now I can play it on my phone too. :twisted:
SP_A0267.jpg
(735.28 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
deepblue2k8
Engineer
Engineer

Post by deepblue2k8 »

That looks really great. I will get a new phone in a few weeks and I was thinking about the Nokia E75. Are there any concerns that your S60 port shouldn't work on that phone?

thx,
Markus
eLkain
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eLkain »

still not working good on Nokia E71
movement keys and actually none of the keys are working
any ideas ?
jawsper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jawsper »

Just dropped by to say that I now have a 5800, and OpenTTD works perfectly on it (though fast forward doesn't seem to do anything, but I guess that's the limitation of the phone CPU. All I did was copy the sis file to my phone memory card, and ran it from there. It installed, and after I put the data files (sample.cat and the tr*.grf's) in there, the game ran perfectly immediately. :)

Edit: forgot to add: Do NOT forget to go to advanced options and turn on left click scroll, else there's no way to scroll on this phone :)
And the zoom buttons seem to be reversed (the + button zooms out)
Patch: change finances window grouping
Patch: Tracking viewport

Warning: Unexpected end of file reached.
Firestar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firestar »

just trying to put openttd on the phone, but don't seem to be able to view the card, though nokia pc suit, does that mean the card has to be put into a card read to add the last files, or is there a way to get it to show up on windows.

The phone is a nokia n95

Thanks
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

Firestar wrote:just trying to put openttd on the phone, but don't seem to be able to view the card, though nokia pc suit, does that mean the card has to be put into a card read to add the last files, or is there a way to get it to show up on windows.
You can use USB cable in mass storage mode to access the memory card contents without PC Suite. My preferred way to send files to/from the phone is by using FTP server (http://zgredowo.blogspot.com/2008/08/sy ... erver.html).
m4s6
Engineer
Engineer

Post by m4s6 »

i install this everything run but 1/2 of screen is out of display
Firestar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firestar »

every thing that was needed was back by the first post, you do need the files from your openttd dir as well, which are only 6 files, I got it to work on my phone only a couple of days ago, I can't remember what order I installed them.

I should say mine is a nokia n95.
grb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by grb »

eLkain wrote:still not working good on Nokia E71
movement keys and actually none of the keys are working
any ideas ?
Install Magickey

http://www.e71blog.com/wp-content/uploa ... d_Beta.sis

Then create a map to allow the E71 qwerty keys to produce numbers. You need to rotate the map, since 320x240 appears to assume you've turned the phone through 90 degrees... so:

B -> 4
F -> 2
H -> 8
T -> 6

and to centre the pointer:

G -> 5

You don't need to try to map to Fn+B (since pressing 2 keys doesn't work with Magickey), simply click the OK button and you'll get a list of keycodes to choose from.

I haven't managed to get the music working yet - so if you have success, let me know.

grb.
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

grb wrote:Install Magickey
Magic Key requires hacked phone, so you might want to hack it first. Or use that chinese signing site.
I haven't managed to get the music working yet - so if you have success, let me know.
Read the thread carefully, links to needed files and instructions are there somewhere.
grb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by grb »

wolf wrote:
grb wrote:Install Magickey
Magic Key requires hacked phone, so you might want to hack it first. Or use that chinese signing site.
Read the thread carefully, links to needed files and instructions are there somewhere.
I went with the cn signing site myself - worked just fine. Just thought I'd post confirmation of the mapping working for those who were still having E71 issues...

As for the music, I have the timidity.cfg and instruments.zip from earlier in the thread, but no music. (Have edited the timidity.cfg to point to e:/openttd/instruments and unzipped the instruments.zip into e:/openttd/instruments/ ).

Do I need to alter the openttd.cfg to enable music (I am assuming the timidity functions are built in to the openttd install?)

grb.
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

Yes, timidity functionality comes with OpenTTD. Your setup seems to be fine and no changes to the openttd.cfg should be needed. Have you copied the music files (gm_tt00.gm - gm_tt21.gm) to e:/openttd/gm? You may also want to try to go to the music player (inside the game) and click on the "play" button.
Duragizer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Duragizer »

toxaris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by toxaris »

Hello, I have some problems to get this working on my N96

Do I need to edit something in OpenTTD.cfg or is just to copy the file from "My Documents" to E:/OpenTTD ?

My file structure:
----------
E:/OpenTTD
OpenTTD.cfg
/Data
openttdd.grf
openttdw.grf
opntitle.dat
orig_dos_de.obg
org_dos.obg
orig_win.obg
Simple.cat
TRG1R.GRF
TRGCR.GRF
TRGHR.GRF
TRGIR.GRF
TRGTR.GRF
/gm
GM_TT00.Gm
GM_TT21.GM
/lang
<different files with countrynames ending with .lng>
-----------

I have installed (to E:)
openttd.sisx
pips_nokia_1_3_SS.sis
ssl.SIS
stdcpp.sis

As far as I can see I miss the file "generictrams_v0.4.grf" in Data folder, where can I find that file?

When I start the game the game starts to load for a few seconds (1/3 of the loading bar) after that I end up in the meny again.

What to do?
Last edited by toxaris on 30 Jul 2009 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
grb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by grb »

wolf wrote:Yes, timidity functionality comes with OpenTTD. Your setup seems to be fine and no changes to the openttd.cfg should be needed. Have you copied the music files (gm_tt00.gm - gm_tt21.gm) to e:/openttd/gm? You may also want to try to go to the music player (inside the game) and click on the "play" button.

Just to say - all works fine, with music (and mapped keys) on the E71... also, very playable on the 5800 !

grb.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”