S60v3 port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

leodrivera
Engineer
Engineer

Re: S60v3 port

Post by leodrivera »

I really enjoyed the port. I play it almost every day. Thanks for making it. However I am having problem with the minimap. I can not scroll it. My phone is nokia 5800 with s60v5.
Vaulter
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Vaulter »

:bow: How? Got only squares after switching to russian ;(
- Freetype (TTF) support is enabled. If you want to use it, you must put font file name (not font's name) in the openttd.cfg and the font file should be in e:\openttd\ directory.

Awesome!
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

leodrivera wrote:I really enjoyed the port. I play it almost every day. Thanks for making it. However I am having problem with the minimap. I can not scroll it. My phone is nokia 5800 with s60v5.
It's impossible on 5800. To scroll the minimap you need to be able to press the right mouse button, but there are no hardware keys available that could be pressed to indicate that touch events are supposed to be the right mouse button, not left.
Vaulter wrote:
:bow: How? Got only squares after switching to russian ;(
- Freetype (TTF) support is enabled. If you want to use it, you must put font file name (not font's name) in the openttd.cfg and the font file should be in e:\openttd\ directory.
Well, you've cited the solution. You put some font that has cyryllic characters in it (tahomabd.ttf for example) into e:\openttd\ directory. Then you edit openttd.cfg file so it look like this:
[misc]
small_size = tahomabd.ttf
medium_size = tahomabd.ttf
large_size = tahomabd.ttf
themmaster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by themmaster »

I must say thanks so much for this port, got it running perfect on an N95 and an N97. :mrgreen:

A couple of questions:
Will you be making a build of version 1 when it is released?
Also, I would love to be able to use multiplayer and I see you posted some screenshots earlier in the thread of it working, but in your posts you always put 'multiplayer not supported'. Is this just because you will not fix any bugs or just that it is not included, as it doesn't work on my N95?

Any response appreciated... :wink:

Thanks,
Michael.
leodrivera
Engineer
Engineer

Post by leodrivera »

It's impossible on 5800. To scroll the minimap you need to be able to press the right mouse button, but there are no hardware keys available that could be pressed to indicate that touch events are supposed to be the right mouse button, not left.
I've discovered a way to do this: just click at the left or right margin and drag into the map.

I hope you to continue this project and maybe one day could make it official so I could play it online. :mrgreen:
Like I am playing on my phone for a long time I have some suggestions:
1- Make it possible to load save games on pc
2- Make this project official so everybody could help and know your project
3- Put on nokia ovi store (everybody would like this game) :D

PS: Remember to allow left-click scrolling at: advanced settings --> interection

The last one was a joke but if you want you could make it real.
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

themmaster wrote:Will you be making a build of version 1 when it is released?
"If you want to have new builds in future, you have to talk with the OpenTTD developers."
Also, I would love to be able to use multiplayer and I see you posted some screenshots earlier in the thread of it working, but in your posts you always put 'multiplayer not supported'. Is this just because you will not fix any bugs or just that it is not included, as it doesn't work on my N95?
Networking does work to some extent, ie. you can (sometimes) download the newgrf files and you can list the servers. Anything more complicated seems to be broken due to bugs in Symbian's implementation of POSIX networking interfaces.
leodrivera wrote:1- Make it possible to load save games on pc
This should be working.
2- Make this project official so everybody could help and know your project
"If you want to have new builds in future, you have to talk with the OpenTTD developers." Really, it's not up to me whether this port becomes official. And you can see how interested they were in reviewing/including the code in the past 2 years by reviewing this thread.
yitzc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yitzc »

I just wanted to say thank you for making this port, and to report that it runs smoothly on the N86.
You've made my day.
loctroc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by loctroc »

Hi wolf,
I must say, it's awesome in my opinion what you've done. But I have a serious problem, i have one new Nokia model called 6760, and the installer just won't start. I mean the OpenTTD installer, it says that it's not secure ... blablabla ... like always and then nothing, switches back to original screen. Any ideas?
It is Symbian S60v3
mvamorim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mvamorim »

Hi,

Is there any way to change the volume (or camera zoom) buttons to another function? I have a Nokia 5530 xpressmusic, the game works perfectly, but I miss the CTRL button and the DELETE button that we can use on PC. My volume buttons are set to zoom in and out. This celphone don't have a keyboard and its symbian 60 v5.

Sorry, my english is bad :/
Thank you.
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

loctroc wrote:the installer just won't start. I mean the OpenTTD installer, it says that it's not secure ... blablabla ...
There is an option, somewhere in settings, or maybe in the installer, different phones have it in different places. It either restricts installation only to the "trusted" programs, or allows installation of everything. You want the latter option. Or maybe the certificate had expired. If this is the case, then try setting the clock back a couple of monts for duration of the installation.
mvamorim wrote:Is there any way to change the volume (or camera zoom) buttons to another function?
No.
I miss the CTRL button and the DELETE button that we can use on PC.
Even if the volume buttons could be bound to other functions, you wouldn't be able to use them as a ctrl button, as these buttons work only with "click" events. "Click and hold" are not possible with them.
krzyslaw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by krzyslaw »

nice job
Last edited by krzyslaw on 26 Sep 2010 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

I've just tried it on my 5530 XpressMusic and it works perfectly, it took a while until I found the Left-button scrolling option, it should be auto-enabled by default if the display resolution is 360x640. Adding a kinetic scrolling feature would be nice :)

Excellent work!!
jawsper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jawsper »

I was thinking about the issue with the lack of ctrl and right mouse button, and I suddenly had an idea: using the buttons as a toggle switch for ctrl + rmb, with a small visual indicator on the screen so you know the button is enabled. That should work with a click event I suppose.
Patch: change finances window grouping
Patch: Tracking viewport

Warning: Unexpected end of file reached.
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

jawsper wrote:I was thinking about the issue with the lack of ctrl and right mouse button, and I suddenly had an idea: using the buttons as a toggle switch for ctrl + rmb, with a small visual indicator on the screen so you know the button is enabled. That should work with a click event I suppose.
The scroll problem could be solved by creating a double-click event, so that you can also scroll without having to avoid clickable items on the map such as industries, towns, vehicles, etc. But for some reason the double click in old DOS games seems to be a forbidden zone for all programmers. :(
WaterOfHell
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WaterOfHell »

tnx wolf its really great that i can play it on my nokia6120c.But the gm music files wont work.
Its Not How You Play The Game
Its How The Game Play's You
WaterOfHell
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WaterOfHell »

can someone tell my how to make the music work?
Last edited by Hyronymus on 14 Sep 2010 10:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: As strongly recommended in my PM: obey the forum rules and stop double-posting (amongst other things)
Its Not How You Play The Game
Its How The Game Play's You
MrD2DG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrD2DG »

Hi, I just got OpenTTD working on my S60v5 Xpress Music 5530, its running nicely with OpenGFX and OpenSFX. :D

The only problems I have is that there seems to be no music, even though I've copied the original music files into the gm folder, also the +/- buttons seem to be scrolling inversely (+ zooms out, - zooms in, shouldn't it be the other way round or is it just something to do with my phone?)
krzyslaw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by krzyslaw »

HI. I've got a question. As you know, playing OPENTTD wiothout BT mouse doesnt make any sense. Could you add hinkka's bluetooth mouse support on OPENTTD s60v3 port? Link to support: http://koti.mbnet.fi/hinkka/Download.html (at the bottom of the page) This BT mouse support would excellent suit for this port!! please do that :bow: :bow: :bow:
Z.I.P.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Z.I.P. »

I'm playing OpenTTD on my E90 and it's great with 800x352 resolution. =) Also using OpenGFX, but for first the launch the original files are needed.
wolf, thx for this port. Using mouse would be great, but it is very hard to make I guess. Maybe it is possible to rebind keys in the game, from the console for example?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

if this is based on trunk, you have a hotkeys.cfg file

Return to “OpenTTD Development”