DirectMusic port selection

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

gulikoza
Engineer
Engineer

DirectMusic port selection

Post by gulikoza »

Hello,

AFAIK there is no possibility to select a default DirectMusic port and it will always default to crappy MS soft synth. Although I've changed the default MIDI mapper port with Vista MIDI port selection (and used win32 driver with openttd - verified by running -d driver1), I still get crappy MS soft synth instead of SB Live Soundfont. I'm using Win7 64-bit.

Once before I've already coded DMusic selection for the dxmci addon (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8796), this time more or less the same code is ported to OpenTTD's dmusic driver. The selection can be made using the driver parameter in the config file:

musicdriver = "dmusic:port=3"

I might be persuaded to create a GUI selection in the game settings if there is interest, although it probably doesn't make sense with many different music drivers (and it seems both of them are obsolete for a Windows OS).

Anyway, I would be happy if something like this would be added to svn :D
Attachments
openttd-dmusic.diff
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: DirectMusic port selection

Post by Alberth »

I am not a Windows user, so I cannot say anything about the actual changes.
To increase your chances of getting it in trunk, you can

1. Fix the code style, "pMusic" is not correct code style (it should not be camel-case)

2. Submit the patch to FlySpray (bugs.openttd.org) so it does not get lost.
gulikoza
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gulikoza »

Ok, thanks.
As an additional feature, the following patch prints detected DirectMusic ports when debug is activated.
Attachments
openttd-dmusic.diff
(4.27 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
gulikoza
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gulikoza »

In r25269, thanks michi_cc 8)

Return to “OpenTTD Development”