Updated extra-large-maps patch, version 12 (for r23992)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

kamnet

Re: Updated extra-large-maps patch, version 12 (for r23992)

Post by kamnet »

huub007 wrote:
Eddi wrote:maybe you should try one of the patchpacks that are floating around, those are usually offered as compiled version.
already did try, but they have same problem, or other problems, so please anyone?
What problems are you having?
huub007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by huub007 »

kamnet wrote:
huub007 wrote:
Eddi wrote:maybe you should try one of the patchpacks that are floating around, those are usually offered as compiled version.
already did try, but they have same problem, or other problems, so please anyone?
What problems are you having?
In a version I found my WAS v0.1 doesn't work because the version of openttd wasn't ) 0.7 or higher, some packs: same problems, or the patch doesn't even work in the packs
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

As far as I know, any of the patchpacks that are using this patch have not been updated in quite some time, and it doesn't appear that their authors are interested in doing so. Bilbo has not been around in quite some time himself, and OpenTTD has changed quite a bit.

More than likely you will need to learn how to update this patch against current trunk or nightlies and compile it yourself if you wish to continue. The work involved in updating and installing patches into the OpenTTD code base is daunting enough that even people who are capable of doing it do not want the responsibility of distributing it to others and be expected to provide any support for it.
huub007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by huub007 »

made many attempts, but I don't understand most of the tutorials
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

You may want to consider posting here and ask about the specific things you need assistance with understanding.
Simoneq
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Simoneq »

Please could someone create a patch so I just unpacked folder OTTD. And then it just worked? Please I would be very glad. Compiling is too complicated for me and I do not understand. Thank you very much
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

How do you install the patch?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

By compiling, but r24599 is very old!
See also http://wiki.openttd.org/Patch about what patches here actually are.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

OpenTTD 1.4.0 and later support maps up to 4096^2 anyway, which when reasonably filled up are about the largest that most modern computers can run.
Unless your PC has very high performance (per-core, as OTTD doesn't spread load well over multiple cores) this patch is unlikely to be useful.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
marek17
Engineer
Engineer

Post by marek17 »

I went openttd compile the latest version trunk. Build in VS2012, I started to throw your program errors over the unknown variables.

Code: Select all

4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\road_map.h(711): error C2228: left of '.m6' must have class/struct/union (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\road_map.h(712): error C2065: '_me' : undeclared identifier (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\road_map.h(712): error C2228: left of '.m7' must have class/struct/union (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(444): error C2065: '_m' : undeclared identifier (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(444): error C2228: left of '.m2' must have class/struct/union (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(445): error C2065: '_m' : undeclared identifier (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(445): error C2228: left of '.m3' must have class/struct/union (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(446): error C2065: '_m' : undeclared identifier (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(446): error C2228: left of '.m4' must have class/struct/union (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(447): error C2065: '_m' : undeclared identifier (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(447): error C2228: left of '.m5' must have class/struct/union (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(448): error C2065: '_me' : undeclared identifier (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(448): error C2228: left of '.m6' must have class/struct/union (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(449): error C2065: '_me' : undeclared identifier (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(449): error C2228: left of '.m7' must have class/struct/union (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(464): error C2065: '_m' : undeclared identifier (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(464): error C2228: left of '.m2' must have class/struct/union (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(465): error C2065: '_m' : undeclared identifier (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(465): error C2228: left of '.m3' must have class/struct/union (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(466): error C2065: '_m' : undeclared identifier (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(466): error C2228: left of '.m4' must have class/struct/union (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(467): error C2065: '_m' : undeclared identifier (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(467): error C2228: left of '.m5' must have class/struct/union (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(468): error C2065: '_me' : undeclared identifier (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(468): error C2228: left of '.m6' must have class/struct/union (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(469): error C2065: '_me' : undeclared identifier (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(469): error C2228: left of '.m7' must have class/struct/union (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)
4>j:\_naistalovane hry\_openttd\svn.openttd.org\src\water_map.h(522): error C2065: '_m' : undeclared identifier (..\src\waypoint_gui.cpp)

More errors in the attached file.

I used patch-large-map-r23992.patch and the_clipboard_1.1.0-ottd_r26400-svn.patch.
Attachments
errors.txt
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
Motherboard:ASUS P8Z77-V CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K RAM: 4x8GB Crucial BLT8G3D1608DT1TX0CEU GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7950 Boost
PSU: Enermax 525W Pro82+ HDD: 3x WD 3TB SATA3.0
DVDROM: Bluray LG BH16NS40,LiteON iHAS 124E Monitor: Eizo 24" EV2436WFS3-BK EcoView Case: BitFenix Colossus Red Bigtower
Sotto_Jr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sotto_Jr »

Can someone help to install patch-large_map-r23992 on mac os please? I just can understand how to make run this update. I already have all the grf but when i try to open the carstsworlscenario comes the error "invalid map size".

I need help :?: ?(
CARST
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CARST »

I think no one has compiled that patch with the newest builds so far. You can only play with my very old version, that I compiled with patch years ago.

See: http://www.carsten-rau.com/maps-scenarios-for-openttd/

Carst
Playing TT & TTD since 1995 - Will satisfy the Megalomaniac in everyone!

Click here to see all my maps!
Highlights:
CarstsEuropeScenario based on SRTM-Data (Redo planned)
CarstsWorldScenario based on satellite heightmap
CarstsGermanyScenario coming soon...
CarstsBerlinBburgScenario planned...
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

CARST wrote:I think no one has compiled that patch with the newest builds so far. You can only play with my very old version, that I compiled with patch years ago.

See: http://www.carsten-rau.com/maps-scenarios-for-openttd/

Carst
hello, you can adapt the world map tailored 4096x4096? is it possible?
CARST
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CARST »

No, that would mean to build a new map. They can not be resized. The SRTM-heightmap can be resized, but all towns, manual landscape editing and rivers would have to be build again. And that takes times. Days or weeks...

Highlights:
Sotto_Jr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sotto_Jr »

Hey Carst! I already done the download but now what i can do with it? Just can open the european map but the world map doesn't work. Map size error!

I've copy to the openttd directory but from here don't know what to do.

Anyway congratulations for your work with TTD
CARST
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CARST »

Go to the bottom of this page:
http://www.carsten-rau.com/maps-scenarios-for-openttd/

There is download called "Download r12599M inlcuding Extra-large-Maps-Patch & all Maps". This is a fully compiled version of OpenTTD, just a few years old. It has some patches included like very-large-maps and all the maps, too. You can play the 8000x4000 worldmap with this version ONLY. Except of someone would update the patch to the newest builds and compile a new version. I can't do it...

Highlights:
Sotto_Jr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sotto_Jr »

The openttd.exe doesn't change on mac .dmg right the version of my game? I forgot to say all this needs to be on mac os.
CARST
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CARST »

Sorry mate, can't help you in this case. Only idea is to get an windows emulator for your Mac, there are many around.

I compiled this old version myself back in 2007 or 2008, can't remember. And I can't remember how I have done it. I am more or less out of the game business...

Highlights:
Sotto_Jr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sotto_Jr »

Thanks for your attention.

Hug from Portugal

Return to “OpenTTD Development”