Patch: RouteMarkers

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

TiagoTiago
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Patch: RouteMarkers

Post by TiagoTiago »

The way it works is it sets bits to 1 for each color that is penalized for going thru that tile, right? Instead of offering just regular and inverse, how about showing the pallete as toggle buttons for each color, so the user can choose which ones to have active for the marker they will be creating. (with a button to invert all the toggles, and like with the signals a button for converting, which would change the bits on an already created marker)

Regarding the "bonus" markers, the issue is when the end sum comes out with the wrong signal, right? Then how about capping the value at zero if the sum goes bad, would that fix the issue?

Perhaps an approach with two signals might work, one telling trains to preffer the next fork with their color set for bonus and one to mark a fork with a bonus for a given set of colors? That would allow for bonus markers without messing up the pathing algorithim, wouldn't it?
(new reply notification emails don't always get to my inbox, please let me know if you think it has happened)
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

Sorry but in case you hadnt noticed this thread has been dead for nearly 2 years so i guess it is a dead patch
The TT forums trivia tournament! Come along and join in the fun
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=90722
aberro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by aberro »

Hell yeah, I've revived it. Feels like necromancy. Train colour selection moved to caption, because I don't know how to place it where it was. Maybe something is missing, maybe there is new bugs, but at least for this revived patch I've at least briefly tested it.
Attachments
routemarkers-beta-r26470M.patch
(41.98 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
routemarker.grf
put into baseset folder.
I've changed nothing here, just added file so you won't need to search it in thread, so if you already have last version of this file, no need to download
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 124 times

Return to “OpenTTD Development”