New buses?

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

iranair777
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

New buses?

Post by iranair777 »

How about a creation of new buses? All the previous buses I've seen built in OTTD is nothing like what I see on the street atm. I was thinking someone creating Buses such as:

- Volvo B7TL
- Mercedes-Benz Citaro
- Marshall Capital
- Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Dart
- Alexander Dennis Enviro400
- Plaxton President
- Wright Eclipse Gemini

These are mainly based in london and also just suggesting a little expansion of OTTD into London as I find that most add ons come from other countries and not much of london in particular
Bob Smith
Engineer
Engineer

Re: New buses?

Post by Bob Smith »

Well then what's to suggest? I don't see anything stopping anybody from making a london bus newgrf.
iranair777
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by iranair777 »

Bob Smith wrote:Well then what's to suggest? I don't see anything stopping anybody from making a london bus newgrf.
Yes, but I have no skills in creating this and just wondering if anyone else is willing to carry on with my idea
belugas
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by belugas »

Most of the time, when someone has an idea he is really proud of, he will go on and find the means to achieve it.
making someone else's idea is far not as rewarding.
When you say you are not skilled, you actually are saying you do not know if you can achieve it. You are actually saying you have not even try (most of the time) to do it.
And even more: you are saying that you are good at throwing ideas, but they are not that much important to you as to try to actually achieve your dream.
Sad...
But True...
So ... unless you have a mental illness or some really heavy handicap, yes you can.
If you are not ready to work a bit for your ideas, it means they don't count much for you.
OpenTTD and Realism? Well... Here are a few thoughs on the matter.
He he he he
------------------------------------------------------------
Music from the Bloody Time Zones
iranair777
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by iranair777 »

belugas wrote:Most of the time, when someone has an idea he is really proud of, he will go on and find the means to achieve it.
making someone else's idea is far not as rewarding.
When you say you are not skilled, you actually are saying you do not know if you can achieve it. You are actually saying you have not even try (most of the time) to do it.
And even more: you are saying that you are good at throwing ideas, but they are not that much important to you as to try to actually achieve your dream.
Sad...
But True...
So ... unless you have a mental illness or some really heavy handicap, yes you can.
8o

dude all I'm saying is that I am asking if anyone is willing to do it as I cannot do it as well as the people who can. No need to write a long reply :roll:
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

I'll code it if you draw the sprites. :wink:
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

there already are people who make rv grfs
iranair777
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by iranair777 »

Bennythen00b wrote:I'll code it if you draw the sprites. :wink:
thanks, but what are sprites?
dihedral wrote:there already are people who make rv grfs
Can you link me please? thanks! :)
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Sprites = The drawings of a thing you can see in TTD, like a train, a bus, a tree or a house. =)
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Bennythen00b wrote:Sprites = ...
Also:
Sprite: What Wikipedia says it is.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

Indeed.
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

iranair777 wrote:
dihedral wrote:there already are people who make rv grfs
Can you link me please? thanks! :)
no - do some work yourself and search the forums
belugas
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by belugas »

iranair777 wrote:dude all I'm saying is that I am asking if anyone is willing to do it as I cannot do it as well as the people who can. No need to write a long reply :roll:
Sorry to disappoint you, but i'm not your "dude".
I took the time to write that long because I believe it would be the best way to express my point of view. A one word, one sentence may not be enough.
If you are not ready to work a bit for your ideas, it means they don't count much for you.
OpenTTD and Realism? Well... Here are a few thoughs on the matter.
He he he he
------------------------------------------------------------
Music from the Bloody Time Zones
iranair777
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by iranair777 »

I have no idea what some peoples problem are on this forum. I have not said anything wrong. I have followed the forum rules. I have searched before posting and I am not treated with respect. Shocking I say. X(
Benny
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Benny »

I'd say we act totally normal. People here on the forum does not dip their answers in sugar before posting. :roll:
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

you can complain to the devs about the devs behaviour if you dont like it (hint hint - Belugas is a dev, just in case you have not noticed!)
iranair777
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by iranair777 »

dihedral wrote:you can complain to the devs about the devs behaviour if you dont like it (hint hint - Belugas is a dev, just in case you have not noticed!)
This isn't the first time I have been treated like this

Whats the problem with suggesting and requesting? its like a sin on this forum
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

this is just not the right place for requests!
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

The issue on this forum is people tend to just ask for things with no thought as to if they could do it themselves. The people who make grfs and patches are not mystical geniuses, they are just people who have wanted to add something to the game and chose to do it themselves. Making grfs and patches is slow work so you are unlikely to be able to recruit someone to do it for you, this is especially true with your request; there are already good road vehicle grfs. Don't take the replies you are getting as personal, its just that these kind of requests come up so often that more vocal members of the forum get pissed off.

If you do want to try and make this yourself I would be very happy to help, I am an experienced vehicle grf coder and helped several people through learning to create grfs...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

iranair777 wrote:Whats the problem with suggesting and requesting?
That problem is more that you received a "the devs won't do it" type answer and then failed to either shut up or do it yourself.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”