Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MaunoMato
Engineer
Engineer

Money with shares

Post by MaunoMato »

Hi

Would it be possible, that when I buy some part of other company, I would get same percent of income that I own.

For example I buy 25% from company X.
When Company X's train arrives at station and gets paid with 10000, I get 2500 from that.

Only thing where only the original owner of company gets all the money is when someone buys more shares.

When someone want's to buy shares, they make an offer and owner either accepts it or denies.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Money with shares

Post by LordAzamath »

what if 25% of the company is controlloed by you and 75% by someone else?
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
CARST
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Money with shares

Post by CARST »

But with your idea, why should anyone sell his/her shares then?

If the shares system is reworked it has to be benefical for both sides. Like when you buy 25% of the shares of a company, that company would get 25% of the money it is worth from you. That would be like a credit, just a very big one.

As trade-off you would get a percentage of the profit (+income -expenses) (not the overall income). But not 25%, that seems too much. Then no company would sell shares to you, each credit from the bank would be cheaper. Something like 5 to 10% seem logical as dividend.
Perhaps there could be some other logical system, too. A dividend per share system. You get x% of the company value which increased over the year, as you bought shares and the company could invest and make more profit / had more income. Perhaps 2 to 3% seems to be the maximum, why should you get more than that? If the company value is at 100.000.000 why more than 2 million for "lending" the company some money. Dividends or dividends per share are never that high, you make most money by buying the shares and selling them at a higher value.
Playing TT & TTD since 1995 - Will satisfy the Megalomaniac in everyone!

Click here to see all my maps!
Highlights:
CarstsEuropeScenario based on SRTM-Data (Redo planned)
CarstsWorldScenario based on satellite heightmap
CarstsGermanyScenario coming soon...
CarstsBerlinBburgScenario planned...

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”