Problem with station rating

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Sylf
President
President

Problem with station rating

Post by Sylf »

In the several games that openttdcoop has been playing, there are times when the station ratings look much lower than they should be.
station ratings.png
station ratings.png (148.41 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
This station, for example, the rating perpetually stays around 20-40%. This is far from the only station to have this problem, even within this map. If you open the sav file (we're playing it with nightly r27018), you can see that it's a well-serviced station. So I really do expect the station rating to be much higher than what's shown. Or I think it is - am I mistaken? Are we missing something? Or is this a bug that we should report?
Attachments
station ratings.sav
(620.9 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
delinger
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Problem with station rating

Post by delinger »

Hello! Absolutely the same issue. Have no idea what's going on. I use FIRS grf - maybe there's bug in it. All calcs show that it has to be constantly 80+, but it's 28-32%. I had the same problem with another station nearby, so I removed it and created a brand new one - same story. It starts as always, growing to 85% then slowly start decreasing to 30%. There are always several trains on the station, no cargo waiting. Seems like I miss something. All other stations in the game are okay, work according to the documented game mechanics.
Attachments
Truthwaite Transport, Mar 9th, 2034.sav
the save file
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
the problem station
the problem station
stationratingerror.jpg (194.35 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Try to remove 'wait for full load' order for a while.
delinger
Engineer
Engineer

Post by delinger »

Nope, it just fluctuates between 28 and 32%. No cargo, train every several seconds takes whatever's been produced. Even a statue in the town where it belongs to! Really, it's 10% just for the statue, right?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Industry sets can completely change the rating calculation. check what parameters you set for FIRS.

also, cargodist may lower the rating for cargo that is waiting on some intermediate stations
delinger
Engineer
Engineer

Post by delinger »

All cargo that was taken from that station has been only for transfer. Could that be a problem? I mean, the very final destination of all cargo was really far away from this one and the time that cargo has been delivered through the chain of transfer stations was very, very long. It's been waiting at the further stations for years. Does it take into account the real time it takes the cargo to reach the very final destination? I've seen nothing about it in the Game Mechanics wiki page. Is there more detailed guide for the algorithm?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

no, it does not consider the time it takes, just the amount of cargo that lingers somewhere

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”