too long loading time on stations

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

rumpel
Engineer
Engineer

too long loading time on stations

Post by rumpel »

I'm using Open TTD r15965M - Russian Community patchpack 2.0.0 and have a problem with too long loading times on stations.
I've a double-track line with a low frequented small station served only by suburban trains, IC-trains are passing through. The suburban trains are stopping there and waiting mostly until the train is full, but I havn't activatet "load full" in the schedule, they don't leave if there is for a short moment no passenger on the platform, mostly the train is waiting - that means, that the stops takes quite long. Is it possible to activate something, that the train is just loading the passengers, waiting at the station, when the train arrives? The problem is, that following trains start after a while to return and blocking other parts of the network :-(
SniperDJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: too long loading time on stations

Post by SniperDJ »

maybe you could make the station bigger, a train loads very fast if the station is longer than the train.
e.g. station - > 5 tiles
train - > 4 tiles
ImageImageTake a look at my Australia Scenario (work in progress)Image Proud citizen of The Netherlands
recently aquired the FCE
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

maybe you could make the station bigger, a train loads very fast if the train is no longer than the station.
e.g. station - > 5 tiles
train - > 5 tiles

fixed
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

First, OpenTTD r15965M is old.

Second, I faintly remember a bug being fixed in trunk that displayed this very behaviour.
Platform lenght had little to do with it, problem was trains not leaving the station because of passengers trickling in the station by smallish amounts making the train stay at the station to load them.

Unfortunately I do not remember exactly in what revision this was fixed ... else rumpel could perhaps fix the issue in his build (if he can compile that is).
Maybe it can find it by searching on FlySpray; I think there was a task about this, if not there should be a thread about it somewhere in the forums.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
rumpel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rumpel »

The stationlength is not the problem, the train is same long as the platform is.

Yes, OpenTTD r15965M is old - but in my opinion it has really good features, I'm missing in 1.1.4 (green tracks, when not used, long days, ...). But I cannot use my savegame in other versions, thatwhy I'm still using it.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

rumpel, using old builds is fine, I had a testrun with that patchpack myself back in the days it was released and I might even still have a copy too.
IIRC It indeed is a beast to play with, due to the well chosen patches included, and it is pretty stable too. :)

Anyway,

The forum thread I refered to is here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=40900
The FlySpray task is http://bugs.openttd.org/task/2534
And the OpenTTD revisions that have the bug fix you need to backport are r20506 and r20843.

Hope that is enough information to fix your issue. ;)

ps:
Backup your savegames and a working copy of the patchpack before messing with the code.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
rumpel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rumpel »

Thank you for your answer. But can you explain for an "amateur" how I install/ activate the linked patch? And if the patch will work with my version? If the patch is not working with my version to which version do I have to upgrade and will my savegame still work with that version?
I've a really big network, and don't like to start it up again - I'm a bit frustated about all the chaos, which the too-long-stopping-trains produce now :-(
Thank you very much for helping me...
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

rumpel wrote:Thank you for your answer. But can you explain for an "amateur" how I install/ activate the linked patch?
The only choice is to compile the game from its source code with that patch applied. Not sure if you consider knowledge on how to compile OpenTTD 'amateur' level. There's loads of info on how to compile the game and apply a patch in the development section of both, this forum and the wiki.

If compiling is not an option for you, than there's no easy way.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

planetmaker wrote:
rumpel wrote:Thank you for your answer. But can you explain for an "amateur" how I install/ activate the linked patch?
The only choice is to compile the game from its source code with that patch applied. Not sure if you consider knowledge on how to compile OpenTTD 'amateur' level. There's loads of info on how to compile the game and apply a patch in the development section of both, this forum and the wiki.

If compiling is not an option for you, than there's no easy way.
And it requires code of patchpack (or patchpack diff).
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

rumpel wrote: Thank you for your answer. But can you explain for an "amateur" how I install/ activate the linked patch?
Just to clear up the confusion you may have ...

You are not supposed to apply any of the patches posted in the FlySpray task.
You are supposed to backport the codechanges of r20506 and r20843 to the source of the patchpack you are playing with and recompile the game.
As Kogut said ... unless you give us either the used patch (or the source) of the patchpack you are playing with, noone can even try to help you ... sorry if this is bad news for you but that is just the way it is.

The good news is that you should be able to continue your game afterwards. ;)
Disclaimer: Only based on the codechanges I see in those two revisions ... I have not tested and it could be that more codechanges are needed to keep the patchpack working.

rumpel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rumpel »

This is the patchpack I use http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... +community (hope you asked about that)
ChillCore wrote:
rumpel wrote: Thank you for your answer. But can you explain for an "amateur" how I install/ activate the linked patch?
Just to clear up the confusion you may have ...

You are not supposed to apply any of the patches posted in the FlySpray task.
You are supposed to backport the codechanges of r20506 and r20843 to the source of the patchpack you are playing with and recompile the game.
As Kogut said ... unless you give us either the used patch (or the source) of the patchpack you are playing with, noone can even try to help you ... sorry if this is bad news for you but that is just the way it is.

The good news is that you should be able to continue your game afterwards. ;)
Disclaimer: Only based on the codechanges I see in those two revisions ... I have not tested and it could be that more codechanges are needed to keep the patchpack working.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

That is exactly what we asked for. :)

Just because I am in a very, very good mood (and I want to set up my XP 32bit machine to be able to compile too in order to test stuff) I will have a looksie at fxing that for you and post a windows binary in the other thread.
Might take me some time though. (read: the binary bit ... not the fixing bit.)

Just please do not expect me to fix all and every issues that patchpack may have. ;)

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

rumpel,
I posted a patch with the backports from trunk.

Sorry, I could not (yet) produce a windows binary as explained in the patchpack topic.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”