Illogical red signal

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Screech
Engineer
Engineer

Illogical red signal

Post by Screech »

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a new OpenTTD game. The situation is in the screenshot. For some reason, the trains refuse to enter the station even though there are free bays. In the situation pictured, both trains in the station are loading. The blue train can obviously enter either of the pink loading bays. The blue train is waiting for the one way path signal. All signals in the picture are one way path signals except the six at the station, which are ordinary path signals. Moments before, the red train was in the position of the blue train, and the green track was not there. Everything else was similar. The red train also refused to move, but building the green track solved that. There are no trains in the depots. Also, there are no trains scheduled or present in the area to the southwest of the station.

Does anyone have a clue what causes this? I'm running OpenTTD 1.1.3.

Thanks!
Attachments
Unknown deadlock.png
All path signals red, all trains waiting or loading, no trains from the s/e.
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Arie-
Director
Director

Re: Illogical red signal

Post by Arie- »

Screech wrote:[...]and the green track was not there.[...]
I never use semaphores, so i don't know what the signs mean. However there is a bug through which a station track gets messed up when redesigning the station with trains in it. Possibly it's that bug, i'll look for a topic on that issue.

edit: By the way, your paint stripes make viewing the tracks more difficult, and could you please turn on track reservations, that would help investigating the issue.

edit2: found it http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54399
Screech
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Illogical red signal

Post by Screech »

I think I found it, the pathfinding apparently screwed up when a train wanted to enter the depots behind the station. Thanks for the help anyway!

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”