Train signals make no sense

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JohnM
Engineer
Engineer

Train signals make no sense

Post by JohnM »

Hello,

I'm really trying to learn how to make advanced train tracks, but is facing a real headache.

I have fixed some signals in front of one of my stations and everything work great.
Setup.jpg
Setup.jpg (194.62 KiB) Viewed 923 times
But that is only until all the platforms is occupied.
As soon as all the platforms is occupied, the trains can't leave! All lights on the combo-signals are red!
Locked station.jpg
Locked station.jpg (219.2 KiB) Viewed 923 times
The only way to get the trains to exit the platforms is to change one of the signals in front of a platform from a combo-signal to a block-signal.
When there is only 1 or 2 trains at the platforms, the can enter and leave as they desire. But as soon at every platform i occupied, everything turns to s***..!

Is it anyone that know how all thees signals work, and can help me to figure out my problem?
Would really appreciate it!!

Cheers
Attachments
For some reason, the exit-signal shows green, and the train can (try) go to a platform.
For some reason, the exit-signal shows green, and the train can (try) go to a platform.
Locked station 2.jpg (201.38 KiB) Viewed 923 times
Brumi
President
President

Re: Train signals make no sense

Post by Brumi »

Welcome to the forums! :)
First of all, here is some help on signals: http://wiki.openttd.org/Signals
Change the signals in front of the platforms (which were combo signals beforehand) to exit signals. Change the exit signal to an entry signal, and the entry signal to a normal block signal. That way it should work.
And a simple rule of thumb: don't use combo signals if you don't know what you're doing. They are called combo signals because they're entry and exit signals at the same time, they are only needed in more advanced layouts.
Good luck with your signals! :)

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”