Train has no power while it should

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Train has no power while it should

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Hi all,

I hope you can help me with the following:

Look at this screenshot please. :arrow:
PowerCut.png
The whole track is powered including the station pictured. Still the train won't budge so I can't delete that train either. What do you think the cause is and how to fix it?
I'm running OpenTTD 1.0.4

If you need more info, please specify. The newGRFs listed are running.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Train has no power while it should

Post by Yexo »

Please upload your savegame.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Catch. :)
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

You have added a newgrf during the game and now you have a maglev engine on an electric track. It doesn't run because it's on the wrong track type. Best solution is to load a savegame from before you added the last newgrf. Alternatively you can remove it (your train will now be of type "invalid engine"). After that sell all invalid trains and re-add the newgrf. I'm not sure if this will work properly, but it might.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Wow! Thanks for the help. I'll try it next thing tomorrow. :)
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Oh dear. :o
If one of the most experienced people on the forums fell for the "changing newgrfs in game thing", i think we (read: the devs) really need to implement something to stop people changing them
Like the suggestions here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=50045 (in case you forgot them :wink:
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Hehe, thanks for the compliment on the experienced part. :P

But I have to correct you, being experienced on the forums doesn't make me experienced in the game automatically. ;)

I never had this problem once with changing newGRFs but that was because I downloaded those addons in the same time as I updated my version of OTTD.

I kept updating the game but didn't play it for some time. And forgot to update the newGRF's so things got incompatible without me noticing I guess.

However the suggestion of turning newGRFs on ingame via console command so people stop ignoring the warning, is a good one. Maybe me as an experienced forumer can bring in some little extra weight. :)

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”