new vehicles not appearing

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mrk
Engineer
Engineer

new vehicles not appearing

Post by mrk »

hi, i've come across this problem twice now where new vehicles aren't appearing in the new vehicle list even though the game date is after that on which they should have been introduced.

for example the first time i had just installed v1.0.3 and started a temperate style map in the year 1925 without any added grf files. i got to 1935 and was wondering when some new trains would be available, so i saved the game and created a new one starting from the year 1940 so i could see what there was at that time. there were a couple of trains in the 1940 list that were pre-1935 but had not been introduced in my main game.

i've recently been playing v1.0.4 with some added grf files this time and have come across the same problem again, this map was started in 1920 and the date is now 8th august 1934, yet 1 train from 1932, and two from 1933 haven't been introduced in my game but are available in a new game started on 1st jan 1934.

it's really annoying! does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?
thanks
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: new vehicles not appearing

Post by Rubidium »

The introduction date of vehicles is varied by 512 days for each game and the base vehicle introduction dates might be somewhere within the year, e.g. in September in which case the vehicle can be introduced in 3 different years. Furthermore "early access" to vehicles might not be given to you in the running game but when starting a new game, which adds another year.
mrk
Engineer
Engineer

Re: new vehicles not appearing

Post by mrk »

ah i see! thankyou for that :D

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”