0.6.3 source for dedicated server

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

fsmmls
Engineer
Engineer

0.6.3 source for dedicated server

Post by fsmmls »

Hi,

When i use this command:

Code: Select all

svn checkout svn://svn.openttd.org/trunk openttd
It wil give me a nightly build, right?

But i want 0.6.3 to install on my server so i can use it as dedicated server. How do i get this?

Also, when i use: ./openttd -D
it gives me the error about that it cannot find sample.cat. But do i need this for a dedicated server? And where is the best place to install it to? When i just run ./configure --enable-dedicated, it will put it into a folder called /bin inside the source folders. I want it at a better place, for example /bin/openttd or something.

Thanks..
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 0.6.3 source for dedicated server

Post by Yexo »

fsmmls wrote:When i use this command:

Thats right.
But i want 0.6.3 to install on my server so i can use it as dedicated server. How do i get this?
Use

svn checkout svn://svn.openttd.org/tags/0.6.3 openttd
Also, when i use: ./openttd -D
it gives me the error about that it cannot find sample.cat. But do i need this for a dedicated server?
IIRC an empty sample.cat file should work, just use

touch sample.cat
to create the file.
And where is the best place to install it to? When i just run ./configure --enable-dedicated, it will put it into a folder called /bin inside the source folders. I want it at a better place, for example /bin/openttd or something.
Have you tried

make install
?
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Yexo wrote:IIRC an empty sample.cat file should work, just use

touch sample.cat
to create the file.
You forgot to mention that it will cause desyncs when using (some) NewGRFs. And he'll likely get an error about missing tr*.grf when he solved the sample.cat issue; just installing the correct files is safer and less error prone than trying to cheat the system.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Rubidium wrote:You forgot to mention that it will cause desyncs when using (some) NewGRFs.
I thought that was fixed, but now I checked and r14527 made an empty sample.cat file work but did not fix the desyncs.

Edit: After some more explanation from Rubidium: an empty sample.cat does work (without desyncs) in the nighties, but not in 0.6.3. So I can only repeat his advise, copy all original files.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Yexo wrote:
fsmmls wrote:When i use this command:

Thats right.
No. That will give you the current trunk source, not a build. The best way to get a nightly build is to download the appropriate file from nightly.openttd.org and then un-tar it.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”