OpenTTD - Not able to connect to multiplayer Games

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

CrazyJon11
Engineer
Engineer

OpenTTD - Not able to connect to multiplayer Games

Post by CrazyJon11 »

Hello Jon here,

I cannot join any Multiplayer games on OpenTTD I will give you a quick run through on what happens

1) The Map takes an extraordinary long time to download at most downloading at an estimated 3kb a second...

2) While going through this slow download process I occasionally get error messages saying "Possible connection lost, the last 8 seconds no data has arrived from the server" but then 10-20 seconds later this error messge goes away and the download carry on at an average of 4kb per second

3) At the end of the download I then get booted out of the server lobby and sent back to the main menu where I get an error message which says "Network-Game Connection lost"

I have Un-installed the game and re-installed it twice now, I have also booted the game as Admin but it keeps happening.... :(

My best guess is that it has something to do with my Firewall and I need to allow the program permission to pass through my network to connect to the server so I can play.

If anyone has had this problem and has a fix please respond ASAP !

I appreciate a response from anyon.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD - Not able to connect to multiplayer Games

Post by SirkoZ »

If you are downloading map already, but can't finish it has nothing to do with firewall.
Either it is your slow connection or slow server or slow connection (not your) to server. I too experienced similar situation on some servers...

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”