New computer install

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

spinemaligna
Engineer
Engineer

New computer install

Post by spinemaligna »

Hi,
I upgraded to 1.4.0 successfully on my laptop and all is well. However, I am trying to install 1.4.0 on a new machine running Windows 7 64 bit and the game plays OK but I cannot connect to any servers in multiplay. It is as if the game cannot see that I have an internet connection. Also if I try to install BTPro client I get an error message saying no sound files found. I think the two problems may be connected.
Any clues please.

Ross
Brumi
President
President

Re: New computer install

Post by Brumi »

Before you clicked 'find server', did you set 'Advertied' to 'yes' in the upper left corner? That is needed for finding online servers (otherwise the game only searches the LAN).

Never used the BTPro client though, but did you install OpenSFX with it? Does the client even start? I doubt that the two cases are connected.
spinemaligna
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spinemaligna »

OK. One problem solved. Didn't have the Advertised switch in the correct position. Still have the sound fault though.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

spinemaligna wrote:OK. One problem solved. Didn't have the Advertised switch in the correct position. Still have the sound fault though.
from main menu, go to "online content" -> base sets -> select a sound and / or music set of your choice, download. Maybe activate after that in the 'game options'.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”