Emperor' Screenshots

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Emperor' Screenshots

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Hello,

As it seems lately it is a new type of fashion to make your own screenshot topic on the TT-Forums, I rather make my own as well. However I put in a few other things as well. Since I'm playin the game since it came out in 2004 and have build up some experience with the game I might as well post a few important links with some of my own mods and topics as well. These can help you with some problems and to give the game more fun:

"Problem with Bridges"
If you have a problem with bridges or other things to add to the game you can take some time to check my old topic on "Problem with bridges". A detailed topic which can be of some use for newbies or people who need help with adding stuff to their game:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... th+bridges

"The Long Station Patch"
A brilliant patch for Locomotion created by Banjobeni and Crispy. Crispy gave me permission to upload it here on the forums. With it you can create much, much longer stations in your game and this topic gives a lot of details of how to get it running:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=50627

"The Empty Region"
One of my small mods, start your game with an empty region. Might be usefull for people who want to start a completely new map with nothing in it. You can find the topic and download here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=66159

"City Oil-Well"
This is one of my smaller mods wich makes the oilwell available as a city-building. Now you can save another industry-slot by not using the Oilwell Industry but a city-like oilwell. People who use my mods, sometime mention that I use too many industry-buildings...so here's your chance to save another one:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=70020

"City Flour-Mill"
This is one of my smaller mods wich makes the flourmill available as a city-building. Now you can save another industry-slot by not using the Flourmill Industry but a city-like flourmill (Just like you see sometimes in real cities. My hometown of Zoetermeer also has a working flourmill in the older part of the city). Here's another chance to save one more slot:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=70681

"The Food Mod"
My Food-mod is an extensive mod for foodproduction and transport. The Food-Mod has now been released and is available to you all. Also, a scenario with both the Valuables-Mod V4.0 and the Food-Mod can be found here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=66368

"The Valuables Mod V4.0"
The Valuables mod is my biggest (and most succesfull) mod so far. Information and download can be found in the topic. It's a mod that brings all kind of valuables to the game. There are a few members from the tt-forums who helped me a lot with this mod, after all it was a worth it. Also, a scenario with both the Valuables-Mod V4.0 and the Food-Mod can be found here:A truly must have mod for Locomotion:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=65622

"Screenshots"
Now that I have showed you my most important topic's on to the screenshots. I have already posted a lot of screenshots spread over the entire topic, but from now on I will post most of my screenshots here. The first scenario that I truly liked was The Serpent scenario (made by Zimmlock) and I have a real history on this one. I used to work a lot with US trains, but since a few months I'm playing scenario's with a lot of European (mostly German) trains. This version of the Serpent is using both the Valuables Mod and a BETA-version of the Food Mod:

I started this scenario in the woods. The lumber is transported to the papermill.

A lot is happening on this screen. The lumber is being delivered here. At the Gold and Silvermill and the Steelmill a little further coal, iron ore, raw gold and raw silver is delivered. The line which runs next to the coast is mainly used for oil, chemicals and furtilizer transport.

This is the mainstation for the oil, chemicals and furtilizer (which is delivered at the farms for the production of Grain and Grapes). The chemicals are transported by ship to the Factory at the main distribution-center.

The silvermines are on the other side of the map, this is the main loadingstation for the raw silver. It is being served by 12 trains, in the center small minecarts bring the silver to the mainplatforms.

Here's the main goldmine, also on the other side of the map. Most trains are being loaded with raw gold here, but some are only loaded half. The other half is loaded at the main silvermine so raw gold and raw silver gets delivered at the same time at the mill. This station is also served by 12 trains.

Most of the oil is transported from this region of the map. There are a total of 4 stations at 4 different oilfields. There's also a coalmine and an iron ore mine in this region. A lot of traffic is passing by at this point...

One of the four oilfields. This station is being served by 4 trains.

At this moment the map only has two passenger stations. This is one of them. There are two passengertrains, they carry passengers, mail and money. The wagons are still pulled by steam-locomotives (not that it is needed, but I like steam), later on the stations are connected wit the town in the center and other side of the map and served by ICE-trains. The other station on the bottom is for the delivery of Grain, Grapes and Meat from the farms. It's not fully operational as not all of the lines have been build yet...Food is being produced here.

The other passenger-station on the route. Two tracks end here, the other two are for the later ICE-trains and are going to the other side of the map. At the large station below Gold and Silver bars are delivered and paper from the papermill. This is where the National Bank is build and where money is produced.

The large Diamond-mines in the center of the map. These raw diamonds are transported to the Jewelry-factory at the distributioncenter. The station is not completely ready, but it's functional. At the moment this station is served by 10 trains.

The first of 3 farms that are being served. While furtelizer is delivered at the farm, grain and grapes are produced here. These are delivered to the brewery. The station is not completely done yet but also operational.

The main-distributioncenter. A lot is happening here. The raw diamonds are delivered, waste is delivered from the towns, chemicals from the chemical-factory, steel from the mill. Paper, Jewelry, Goods and Food are being produced and from here they will be delivered over the entire map by truck and train when this map is done.

That's it for now...I'll see you at the next part of screenshots !
Last edited by Emperor Darth Sidious on 12 Aug 2014 17:28, edited 11 times in total.
OpenRailer90
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Emperor's Screenshots

Post by OpenRailer90 »

Wow. where do you get all those trains?
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

As EDS stated in his first post, their German. Do a search.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

From here, most likely.

I'm a fan of those passenger stations, but might I suggest digidampfman's pillars to support the station halls?
OpenRailer90
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by OpenRailer90 »

Greyfox wrote:As EDS stated in his first post, their German. Do a search.
What mods to be specific? I can see some of seelenquell's trains though.
Sir BNSF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sir BNSF »

These are some of the better looking screenshots I've seen on the forums. I love how the grass is noticeably greener. :mrgreen:
I had a look at your extensive food cycle mod and can't wait for release. You mentioned it worked well along with your valuables mod in one game which sounds like loads of fun. As soon as it is released (hopefully soon!) I'll have to start a new map just to try them both out.
Hope to see more from you soon!
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

All the screenshots look great. Superbly :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

Nice shots. But i prefer shorter trains ;)

Btw i made some grass that was more green than the original one ages ago. I dunno if this is the one.

Didn't play for ages now..
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hello there,

As most of you people know I'm also playing the final test for the soon to be released new Food Mod...

I'm testing this one with American vehicles (all locomotives are Union Pacific, except for the wagons and one set from the Umbrella Company but that's because I love the game Resident Evil :lol: ), because tests with standard trains isn't realy my kind of thing anymore...Besides I already did some tests with the standard vehicles, and they proved to be alright so far, so now I would like to test this baby with some custom stuff and that's why I'm placing these screenshots in my own screenshot-topic and not in the food-mod topic.

So here are the first screens, so far it took me about 25 game-years to start producing and delivering the first food, so that leaves me with 75 game-years to reach my goal of delivering 500.000 tons of food within 100 years. The map that I'm using is Peninsular World by Zimmlock and this map will be included (with standard trains, but with the same goal) in the mod.

Here we go (I'm not placing every single screenshot, but it gives people an idea of what I did):

The game started in 1975. As in most of the games I play on the Peninsular I started with lumber, which is delivered at the papermill. Oil (in the next screenshots) is delivered at the chemicalplant and fertilizer is delivered here (at the bottom). From there the fertilizer is delivered with trucks to both the coconut-plantations so both will produce the coconuts. The trucks are the older ones...In the last picture they are replaced with larger trucks with an extra trailer.

The first oil came from these (city)wells. People already have send me messages that the citywells don't produce enough oil, but I have no problems with them, and I use the same ones as in the download. Three trains deliver the oil at the Sleepstone chemical plant.

A little further down the track is another (city)well wich also produces enough oil. It is served by two larger trains both pulled by a Big Boy locomotive...Every tanker behind it can carry 90 tons of oil.

This is where all of the oil gets delivered at the moment (on the other side of the map is another chemical plant), all of the 5 oil-trains deliver their oil at the three platforms next to the water, and two locomotives deliver furtilizer at the coconut-plantation. The other platforms are for later use, these will be used to deliver furtilizer to the grain/grape farms and chemicals to the clothing-factory and regular factory.

At this Food-Factory (in Sleepstone) the coconuts are delivered, from here trucks deliver the food in the closest town, and 2 trains deliver food in the next town on the way. Later the station here will be much bigger, because grain and meat can also be delivered here after the production has started for those...A Big Boy locomotive will handle the delivery of coconuts. The station on the right is where lumber gets delivered at the papermill from the plantation as well.

The sleepstone passenger station. From here passengers and mail is transported to Waterwell. Between the trees on the right you can see a small truck station, here's where food from the food-factory is delivered by truck.

The first food delivered in the year 2000 in Waterwell...This station also serves as a passenger station and it's being served by two passenger trains at the moment.

The situation at the Coconut-Plantation at the moment. The last screenshot for now...As you can see I have build two more platforms. You can see the first Umbrella Corporation Locomotive, and another coconut-train. So at the moment this plantation is served by three lumber-trains and two coconut-trains. I have dressed up my headquarters a little bit and if you look hard enough you will notice the two trucks hidden between the trees of the plantation. The line in the middle of the fertilizer-delivery station is used for trains wich don't need to stop here.

By the way, the signals that you see cannot be used in this period of time but with the help of Zimmlock I have hacked those as well...and now I can use them all the time.

Well, so far these first screens of the final test for the food mod. Once the target is reached and everything works as it should be the mod will be released...For now I wish everybody a good night and so long !

Regards,

Erik
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Great screenshots :)) Cool!
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

My turn to be a gimme pig. What's the name of that roofless steel girder bridge?
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Don't know what the original name is Zakos because I renamed it to the original girder-steel bridge, but if I remember correct I downloaded it from the German forums...

Here's where you can find the download mate: http://www.wisim-community.net/index.ph ... tem&id=171

Enjoy !!

Regards,

Erik
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Emperor' Screenshots

Hey there,

Yesterday I started playin around with my new Peninsular scenario with both the newly released food- and valuablesmod. I changed the scenario a little bit and tried to make thing a little more easyer. I dumped the standard vehicles from the scenario (I only used them for testing purpose) and selected some US-vehicles, but only Union Pacific (and some Umbrella Corporation vehicles, but that's because I'm a fan of the Resident Evil franchise :lol: ).

4 Coconutplantations, unfortunatly they don't produce a lot of lumber. Currently served by 4 trains for lumber and two for coconuts. 8 Trucks deliver fertilizer (2 per plantation) here and one large train as well on the station in the back. So now lumber and coconuts are being produced in larger quantities.

Two papermills each served by two trains from the plantation. Waste and paper is produced. The paper is delivered at the Federal Bank.

The Federal Bank where at the moment paper is delivered. Later gold and silverbars are delivered as well so money can be produced.

The first (cityversion) oilwell on the path. More oil is produced then the trains can transport, this is also because trucks deliver oil to the station because the catchment erea of the station is not large enough. Oil is delivered at the chemical works (no picture yet) where fertilizer and chemicals are produced.

The (cityversions) Diamondmines are served by 4 trains, just like the oilwells it is overproduced so the trains can go on and off constantly. Jewelry is already produced at the jewelry-factory. Now the time has come to deliver food to some cities so I can work towards the goal of delivering 250.000 tons of food.

I'm also planning on trying another scenario for a change. I would like to play around a little with the Soldier Summit, but I'm not sure if it will work with both the food- and valuables mod...but we'll see about that.

C U !
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

The food mod certainly makes for good screenshots :)
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Zakos wrote:The food mod certainly makes for good screenshots :)
Even though the only picture that is used from the food-mod is the firast one whahaha. The rest is all valuables-mod...
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

I'm playing Locomotion again, don't know how long I will play it this time :roll: but I'm playing with the Sherman Hill scenario. I have edited some things in my foodmod and some other buildings...Here are the first screenshots of the Sherman Hill

Didn't have the money yet to start with something else, so the first thing I did was using 4 trucks to bring forage to the livestock and sheepfarms.

The first forage being delivered at the farms...This will start the small production of sheep, livestock, milk and wool.

Then it's time for the first trains. One Santa Fe and one Union Pacific that deliver lumber to the paper-factory in the north. Coconuts aren't produced yet since there's no fertilizer yet...

The paper-factory in a later stadium. As paper (and waste) is produced the transport comes slowly on it's way. Paper is delivered at the factory and waste is delivered at the recycle-factory. On the right side of the papermill you see the Gold&Silver Smith, I came up with that idea to use it instead of the Jewelry-factory. When I use both the foodmod and the valuablesmod I don't have enough cargo-slots open to use diamonds as well, so that's why I use a smith that can still make jewelry out of gold and silver but without the diamonds. I've looked on Wikipedia on this subject and there are gold&silver smiths who make gold and silver jewelry...So that's why I implanted that in the valuables mod (it's not in the valuables-mod download yet)...

One of the three recycle-factories where waste is delivered and steel and goods are produced.

Workers celebrate the first steel-delivery while the paper-freight Big Boy pulls out to get more paper. This factory produces waste as well, so that will keep the transport going. From here waste is loaded and transported to the recycle-factory from the earlier picture.

No that the loan is completly paid it's time for the first coal-service. This is a city-mine, but production is no less then from it's industry counterpart. Three longer trains provide a steady flow of coal to the steelmill. Of course there are some free tracks left because food and lumber can be delivered here as well...

Final screenshot for now....The steelmill of Cheyenne where the coal is delivered. Once iron ore is delivered as well steel will be produced.

All of these screens, except those of the trucks are on the Cheyenne side of the Shermann Hill. More trains andf screens follow soon...

Enjoy,

Erik
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hello again guys,

After a long break from Locomotion I decided to start playing again...I'm playing with my old NAM-mod on the Serpent for now just to get the hang of it. When I'm done I'm going to try it on the Lake District. Here are a few new screenshots and I will post them until I reach the production and delivery of the first automobiles.

The start of the scenario. Goal: Deliver 100.000 automobiles.

First train. Latex delivery to the rubber-factory...

First latex delivered at the Rubber-factory...We also need chemicals there to produce the rubber.

After a few runs with latex, I was able to repay my loan and make a closed circle for the trains. I bought my second train so more latex could be delivered.

Now it's time to deliver oil to produce the needed chemicals. Believe me, I need a lot of chemicals for this scenario...

The first oil is delivered at this large station. It has two large platforms...In the future more trains will deliver here. Plastic pallets and chemicals are produced in large numbers then...

First chemicals are delivered at the rubber-factory and rubber is produced. A lone Big Boy just delivered some latex as well and is now pushing the empty wagons back to the latex-plantage.

So far the first screenshots...More will follow as I want to finish this scenario as soon as possible :wink:
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

I see we have a rivalry brewing...

Very well, I accept your challenge! 8)
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

:mrgreen: A rivalry ??? A rivalry in what ? Who makes the best screenshot, or who's the best with NAM ? Do you still have it (as one of the few people who downloaded it back then, or got it from me personally in those days) ? Well...Let's see what is happening here :wink:

It's almost as we are the only playing members left on the Locomotion-part hahahaha...I don't think the rest will come back. Perhaps that Greyfox is still in the game, as I gave him the NAM-mod a long time ago as well. The NAM-mod was started in 2011 and Greyfox is here since 2009.

Unfortunatly I still can't upload the NAM on the TT-Forums as it still contains original stuff from Plasticman, but I still enjoy it very much...I hope that someday Plasticman will return as well, that we can clear things up :( and maybe share things that we both have done on the forums :)

But we'll see and who knows...Anything is possible :roll:
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote::mrgreen: A rivalry ??? A rivalry in what ? Who makes the best screenshot, or who's the best with NAM ? Do you still have it (as one of the few people who downloaded it back then, or got it from me personally in those days) ? Well...Let's see what is happening here :wink:
I meant our threads are competing, since we started posting again around the same time.

I don't actually have the NAM mod, I came upon the topic about 2 years after everything hit the fan.

Return to “General Locomotion”