Engine direction question

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Polar-eX
Engineer
Engineer

Engine direction question

Post by Polar-eX »

Hi all,

After a long time I decided to reinstall Lomo with all mods i remembered. And i was still able to install everything with the help of this forum! Amazing it still exists!! :bow:
I also installed the brilliant Engine flipper mod. The problem is that im not able to turn around the engines, which should be possible if im correct with the history in my mind (could be messed up).
The flipper sounds do work and i have tried different setups, as stated in the flipper release post. Somehow the engines keep pointing in one direction.
F = front of engine
B = back of engine
W = Wagon.

What i have now with flippers (no matter the flipper setup) = FB-W-W-W-FB.
What i would like to have = FB-W-W-W-BF.
Im trying to avoid terminal stations but sometimes i cant get around them. Particular in that situation i would like to see the FB-W-W-W-BF setup. Is it possible to point engines a different way during train setup?

Greetings from Holland.
If you decide to critizice somebody, put on his shoes and run for 10 miles. If you still decide to critizice him, remember, he's on his socks trying to catch up with you.
MSI P55-GD65 / I7-860 @3,8 / 2x4GB Corsair 1866 Platinum / ASUS GTX780 / 2x2 Samsung F3 / Samsung Syncmaster P2770HD / CM Realpower 750W / CM 690 / Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium
TJ-99
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Engine direction question

Post by TJ-99 »

Hi Polar:

What engine type(s) are you using? That may make a difference.

I don't use electrics, and I haven't used any European engines in a long time, so I'm not sure what their defaults may be.

By default, U.S. steam engines always run facing forward, no matter where they are in a train. The steam flipper can change this so the second engine runs "backward." Make the steam flipper the second vehicle in the train.

By default, the first U.S. diesel runs forward, all subsequent diesels in a train run "backwards." The diesel flipper can change this so all engines run "forward." Make the diesel flipper the second vehicle in the train.

I've haven't tried the track sound flipper.

You may just really have to experiment to get things the way you want them.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

Actually, the steam engines are completely unaffected by the flippers. If you want one of them to be backwards, build just the engine, place it on the track, and reverse its direction. Build the rest of the train as desired and the engine will remain flipped. Other than that, there is no way to reverse steamers.
Polar-eX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Polar-eX »

Zakos wrote:Actually, the steam engines are completely unaffected by the flippers. If you want one of them to be backwards, build just the engine, place it on the track, and reverse its direction. Build the rest of the train as desired and the engine will remain flipped. Other than that, there is no way to reverse steamers.
Beautiful!! See, i knew there was a solution and my brains told me the flippers would do the trick...also called: tunnel vision :)
Thanks Zakos!

Greetz B.
If you decide to critizice somebody, put on his shoes and run for 10 miles. If you still decide to critizice him, remember, he's on his socks trying to catch up with you.
MSI P55-GD65 / I7-860 @3,8 / 2x4GB Corsair 1866 Platinum / ASUS GTX780 / 2x2 Samsung F3 / Samsung Syncmaster P2770HD / CM Realpower 750W / CM 690 / Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium

Return to “General Locomotion”