No more passengers - don't understand why

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Leander
Engineer
Engineer

No more passengers - don't understand why

Post by Leander »

Hi!

I played Transport Tycoon Deluxe years ago (but without AIs) and bought Locomotion now. I started a scenario with several AIs and don't understand why there are no more passengers for my busses. I started with two busses in London...later on an AI tycoon founded a tram in the city. Two stations, only a few pixels in between. Then all of my stations lacked passengers altough they were in the north and south of the city and far away from the tram.

I had two busses and four stations In another town with 500 inhabitants. Everything worked until an AI started to transport wood by train. Suddenly there were no passengers in my bus stations...although passengers and wood are to different things. I just don't understand the mechanics...if there are 500 inhabitants they NEED some means of public transport regardless of goods being transported through the town.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: No more passengers - don't understand why

Post by Zakos »

Even though passengers and wood are two different things, the AI train station may be stealing some of the passengers from the buildings if they are near your station and the AI station. It's also possible that the AI destroyed buildings when it built that new track. Regardless of how many people live in the city, you need to have buildings in the catchment area (the blue area that you see when building a station) in order to get passengers.
Leander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Leander »

Image Image

1: I had two London stations and two others in another town (indicated by the red arrow). The tram and train are in the middle and do not have a connection to my stations...still no more passengers.

2: 1 bus for some stations and a town with over 500 people. Still 0-1 passengers waiting when the train started although it only transports grain (grain, not wood...my mistake).
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

1: I know that they aren't connected, but the tram line is stealing a lot of your passengers because it's so close.

2: That's still a pretty small town, and the only buildings are little cottages. You're not going to get very many passengers.

Another thing: If a vehicle doesn't visit the stations often enough, they will stop producing passengers as often. How many buses do you have?
Leander
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Leander »

Thanks for your reply. There is only 1 bus in Petersborough and Cambridge as there are so few passengers.

Return to “General Locomotion”