Using the game as study

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Andre Lucas
Engineer
Engineer

Using the game as study

Post by Andre Lucas »

Well, first of all: Hi. I'm new here, though not new to the game.
I'm no pro, I don't usually do a lot of things in my gameplays, usually I play till it get boring, so I started playing with FIRS and some other things, so it takes more to bore me. I looking forward to add more things to the game, to make it more complex in everything, not only the industries, so any place with recomendations is helpful :D But i'm not here for this, lets go right to the point:

Last year, I started high school making technical course logistics, which has everything to do with the game. Now, I thought "lets combine study with pleasure!" So, anyone can tell me the best way to make the game more realistic? I mean, I don't want to learn things by the game, but just train the logical part and so. I'm not good at explaining, but I hope you guys understand me :D
Thank you in advance, from what I saw here, you all are great!
Sylf
President
President

Re: Using the game as study

Post by Sylf »

Welcome to the forum.
Andre Lucas wrote:anyone can tell me the best way to make the game more realistic?
What's realistic to you? This game is FAR, FAR from being realistic in any sense from my point of view.
If you spend time to read through the OpenTTD Suggestions forum, you'll see that there are many suggestions that aims to bring more reality into the game. But many times, people start asking "What does that bring to the game play?" "How does it make the game more fun?" "Is that really a good fit for the transportation-based game, not an economy simulation game (this is not SimCity) or whatever other categories of games?" etc. Just saying "more realistic" sound far too vague of a goal. If you can make the question more specific (more realistic train acceleration physics, more realistic road vehicle systems, including road signals, more realistic graphics, whatever), then we can start more in-depth discussion.
Andre Lucas wrote:just train the logical part and so.
I'm not sure what's meant with that phrase.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Make a logistics model of your manufacturing lines, measure transport and arrival times, and compute the performance, and the point where to improve.
Change the tracks and orders, repeat until logistics course mastered.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Awesometrains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Awesometrains »

Sylf wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Andre Lucas wrote:anyone can tell me the best way to make the game more realistic?
What's realistic to you? This game is FAR, FAR from being realistic in any sense from my point of view.
If you spend time to read through the OpenTTD Suggestions forum, you'll see that there are many suggestions that aims to bring more reality into the game. But many times, people start asking "What does that bring to the game play?" "How does it make the game more fun?" "Is that really a good fit for the transportation-based game, not an economy simulation game (this is not SimCity) or whatever other categories of games?" etc. Just saying "more realistic" sound far too vague of a goal. If you can make the question more specific (more realistic train acceleration physics, more realistic road vehicle systems, including road signals, more realistic graphics, whatever), then we can start more in-depth discussion.
Andre Lucas wrote:just train the logical part and so.
I'm not sure what's meant with that phrase.
obvouisly not graphics , but I think hes talking about the game's ECONOMY
Qa'pla!

Return to “General OpenTTD”