OpenTTD New Project Logo - questions

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

What should be our primary colour?

Orange
41%
Blue - celestial
21%
Blue - dark
3%
Green - vivid
21%
Green - dark
9%
Brown - earthy, stone
6%
Mauve!
No votes

Total votes: 34

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD New Project Logo - questions

Post by Redirect Left »

Dave wrote:I like the efforts being made but I still think I prefer the old version.
This. Vastly prefer the old one, for the reasons I've already stated, mostly because of the familiarity of the logo with players of the original series, see the logo, "oh that looks familiar!" and there we go. These, to me, just look like letters put together in a sort of train way, with no real logo quality.

I'm sure we all appreciate you falling out of no where and offering to do this, but I still don't think its the right choice here.

And yes, I did just agree with Dave, what on earth is going on in here.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Redirect Left wrote:I did just agree with Dave
Call an ambulance!
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Ailure
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Ailure »

Redirect Left wrote:This. Vastly prefer the old one, for the reasons I've already stated, mostly because of the familiarity of the logo with players of the original series, see the logo, "oh that looks familiar!" and there we go. These, to me, just look like letters put together in a sort of train way, with no real logo quality.
Like it or not, openTTD is a open source implementation of a old game called Transport Tycoon Deluxe and you have to keep some of it's legacy. I think modernizing it is kinda unnecessary, hell even the 32 bit sets (which I actually like to use occasionally) starts to feel retro as it reflects how games looked like ten years ago before 3D took fully over, I generally put Simcity 4 (released 2003!) as the last major 2D "builder" before everything went 3D (even though I'm aware it uses 3D rendering for terrain and some things like ingame traffic).

If OpenTTD was really going to be all about modernizing it's looks, it would be going 3D and... well. It's probably not going to happen anytime soon from what I heard over the years. ;)
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

Way to treat productive people. Slow clap. The only thing he was trying to do was to get a good quality result and for that reason moderate the discussion to give him the feedback he needed. It is exactly the same as when I ask for constructive feedback in my threads, the only difference is that Hydros moderated the situation more directly, without holding back.
Congratulations, you have proven that these forums are toxic as s***.
ImageImageImage
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

V453000 :) wrote: Congratulations, you have proven that these forums are toxic as s***.
And making something, then getting upset when people don't like it, but trying to shove it down them anyway isn't toxic? We've all said how grateful we are he fell out of no where and offered to do this. He is just taking things too personal when people -1 the idea.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
President
President

That is exactly the wrong point. The reason why "-1" is not useful here is because he was looking for a discussion, WHY it is -1. Which is absolutely understandable, because that way the criticism is useful because you fill it with arguments that he might not be aware of. He was asking only for that. Sensible answer.

What should normally happen is that people who do not want to give constructive feedback is that they would not contribute to the thread. They did, they were asked to change it. Sounds completely natural to me.

I am not saying The Community asked him to do it, but it very well shows how does The Community react.
ImageImageImage
President
President

Being toxic is enough of a weapon to drive people away.
ImageImageImage

Return to “General OpenTTD”