double decker trains in an excisting game

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mausie
Engineer
Engineer

double decker trains in an excisting game

Post by mausie »

hello all,

can someone pls inform me if is it possible to have double decker passenger trains in an already excisting game?
can someone shed some light on this?

edit: how can i use downloaded content in an already ecsiting game? Is there such an option?

thanks
RichardJGE
Engineer
Engineer

Re: double decker trains in an excisting game

Post by RichardJGE »

Dear Mausie,

NewGRF only affect new games, whereas saved games will be constrained by the NewGRF selected before starting the game. I have not come across a trainpack that breaks this rule, but I could be wrong.

Best,
R.
mausie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mausie »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Is there a train-pack which includes double decker cars for my new game?
RichardJGE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RichardJGE »

Both the North American Renewal Set v. 2 (NARS2) and the Dutch Trainset v.2 have double-decker coaches available in later years (I merely tested post 1960). I would check out GRF Crawler (http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net/) so that you can explore the many trainsets that are on offer, some of which are still in development (i.e., Dutch Trainset v.2).

R.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewforum.php?f=67 contains the releases of many NewGRFs.
There is also http://www.tt-forums.net/viewforum.php?f=26 which contains discussions about the development of the sets.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

There is a way to add NewGRFs to already existing games, but it's disabled by default because if not used properly it can corrupt your savegames. It's a simple change in the config file, the instructions are somewhere on the forums. Just make sure to have a backup save and be aware that any problems that arise are your responsibility and should not be reported. However, in my experience, adding vehicle sets has never caused problems. It's usually removing sets and messing about with NewGRFs that affect core gameplay (especially industries) that cause problems.

Also, may I recommend the 2cc trainset, it has a great variety and some of the highest capacities.
mausie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mausie »

cheers for the replies guy's. i will look into it.
thanks a lot

Return to “General OpenTTD”