FIRS - production improvements don't work at multiple industries

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Zenosik
Engineer
Engineer

FIRS - production improvements don't work at multiple industries

Post by Zenosik »

Hello everybody.

I have been playing OpenTTD for many years.
Now I play version 1.5.2
Recently I have decided to download FIRS 1.4.4. I like the complexity of that feature.
But there is one problem I don't understand.
I like to play with multiple industries at one station. In FIRS, I have to deliver some cargo to industry to improve production (2x or 4x times).
For example I have 3 arable farms next to each other, one train station connected to them. I need to deliver 56 crates of farm supplies to improve production 4x. So I deliver, over 500 crates of farm supplies and it improves production only in ONE arable farm. Second and third farm stay on normal production level. Is there any way to fix it? I'd like to have improved production at all 3 farms.

I have attached screenshot describing what is going on.
Attachments
opentdd.jpg
opentdd.jpg (541.34 KiB) Viewed 283 times
Simons Mith
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: FIRS - production improvements don't work at multiple industries

Post by Simons Mith »

AFAIK The game mechanics don't permit that from a single delivery. Normally it doesn't matter, but FIRS' mechanics mean its behaviour is affected. Not something that can be fixed within FIRS.
So the only workaround is for you to set up a timetabled feeder service for each farm and share out the supplies manually at the desired rate. This does get fiddly if you need to do it in lots of places. If it's just three farms that's OK, but if you've got dozens it can get to be a right chore.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Deliveries will go to the closest industry that accepts it. If there are more such industries, one of them is chosen.

As Simons says, you must have a delivery station specific for each farm, and it must be closest to the farm you want to deliver it too. Put the feeder station further away, or use cargodist for distribtion (not sure that will work, but I think it will).
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Zenosik
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zenosik »

Thank you for your answers.
It will be difficult for me to workaround this, because I have dozens of such situations on my 2048x2048 map ;)

Do you know any familiar newgrfs that expand type of cargos in OpenTTD?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

There are also ECS Vectors, Pikkabird's Industries/UKRS Industries, OpenGFX+ Manpower Industries and SPI. All of them are going to act in this same way, though.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

You can only use one industry newgf at a time (not sure if this is a mechanics limitation, or it is how people code their industry newgrfs).
FIRS is already at or near the limit of 32 cargoes, so you won't get much more.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

FIRS 2 mitigates this issue by spacing out primary industries more compared to FIRS 1, especially farms. Can't solve it completely in newgrf though, it's a fundamental of OpenTTD :)

FIRS 2 will be done in 2016 ;)
Alkel U3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alkel U3 »

If I understand it correctly, this patch which is included in the Spring 2013 Patchpack permits a setting to distibute the delivered cargo to all accepting industries within station catchment.

Return to “General OpenTTD”