Top numbers?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Top numbers?

Post by Baldy's Boss »

OK my fellow multi-multi-billionaires...
What are the richest companies you've managed to create,as of 1/1/2051 or at any time?
Largest networks?
Longest trains?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Top numbers?

Post by Eddi »

i have never, ever, in the 20+ year history of this game reached the year 2051.

but i did manage to overflow the money counter from +2.147.483.647 GBP to -2.147.483.648 GBP in the original version of TT.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

What year ranges have you played then?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Baldy's Boss wrote:What are the richest companies you've managed to create,as of 1/1/2051 or at any time?
Well, that's easy. Use a 4096x4096 map; put airports at cities at the corners of the map, and add aircraft flying across the map. For bonus points make a newgrf with very fast aircraft in say the year 500 ?
Baldy's Boss wrote:Largest networks?
How do you measure large? In my opinion, a long stretch of straight track of 2048 tiles is meaningless from a network point of view. However, it's very easy to fill every possible tile with track if that's how you measure size. There are some nice openttdcoop games which that do that, and even have a use for every tile.
Baldy's Boss wrote:Longest trains?
Game limit is 128 tiles afaik, should be trivial to make such a train.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Dave

Post by Dave »

The longest train I've used is 12 tiles. That's 23 modern coal wagons and loco.

I find the fact there then has to be a 12 tile station somewhere as the main factor in why I don't build long trains.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

And if you build networks, you'll have to adjust all crossings it'll go through for 12 tile trains ...

Anyway, this isn't going to be comparable ...
... but whatever, might be amusing or not:
Yearly Income: 80.000.000 GBP
Bank Balance: 5.000.000.000 GBP
32.000 rail tiles, 65.000 street tiles, 3.500 tram tiles, 5000 station tiles
430 trains, 3500 RVs, 100 ships
Longest train in that particular save has 10 tiles

It's 1943 currently, but I'm looping, so who knows what year it'd actually be ... 4500 maybe ;)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Have some NetTrans numbers:

Year: 4465 (started 1930)
Bank Balance: $1.1 Trillion
Income: ~$1 Billion/year
Longest train: 12 tiles

Vehicles:
1,035 trains
4,432 road vehicles
4,061 ships

Infrastructure:
107,585 rail
156,273 road
5,962 water
11,549 station

These numbers do not include the other 3 companies. With those included, the amount of ships and road vehicles are almost doubled, plus 300 aircraft.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Not everyone plays with the same settings, including starting year, station spread (allowing for longer trains), break downs, cost multiplier, inflation, plane speed factor, choice of new grf, AI, game script, map size, slope steepness, weight multiplier etc... these numbers mean absolutely nothing when you compare one to others when these settings are not consistent. And most players I know don't stop on year 2051 - either stop earlier or continue playing until one is happy. Or never stop playing one game.
TimeLapse1357
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TimeLapse1357 »

Pyoro wrote:It's 1943 currently, but I'm looping, so who knows what year it'd actually be ... 4500 maybe ;)
looping?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

TimeLapse1357 wrote:
Pyoro wrote:It's 1943 currently, but I'm looping, so who knows what year it'd actually be ... 4500 maybe ;)
looping?
Cheat the date a few years back every few years, thus staying in the same era.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Obviously,any cheats need to be recognized in the stats.

Here are the 2 games I offered for comparison in the other topic (both 1920s starts in similar terrain,one with NewGRFs and one without,at a similar age(about 75 years)...one's got the edge in money and the other in network size).
I've done better (with games starting later) at 2051 than Plonnville did,I don't know yet how well Malberg will do in the 21st century.
Attachments
MalbergMauveR.R.Co.,1stNov1999.sav
(3.9 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
OldPlonnvilleGreenR.R.Co.,29thDec2002.sav
(3.99 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
TimeLapse1357
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TimeLapse1357 »

Alberth wrote:Cheat the date a few years back every few years, thus staying in the same era.
wouldn't that mess up time-tabled vehicles?
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Baldy's Boss wrote:Obviously,any cheats need to be recognized in the stats.
The thing is, not everyone agrees on what constitutes as a cheat. To you, turning off break-down is a cheat. To me using the money cheat in my personal sand-box game isn't a cheat. If someone feels so strong about making huge money without the in-game cheat menu, one can make a train set with a huge capacity, huge power and super-sonic speed that costs nothing to build, buy and operate.

If you want to compare an honest number side by side, you should offer a scenario and define a set of goals - game score, total money in the bank, last year's profit, average station ratings, etc, and give them some weight to calculate the overall score for a given competition.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

The highest year I have played to is in the mid 5000s, after starting in 1975. I generally play the same game for (IRL) months, or even years.
I've never really noticed my highest bank balance or any other stats though.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Given that my Betston Blue,Gondborough Rail,and Wardwood Western games were each driven into the ground by property maintenance charges,one "meta-number" I've kept track of lately is ratio of bank balance to annual maintenance charges.
This is more a measure of corporate solvency/security than size.

My Malberg Mauve and Bundton & Malbourne games have lately topped 30 years' worth of maintenance in the bank while Little Old World Red Railroad (started much earlier--1901--and in a much smaller world) is a bit above ONE year's worth.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

The Malberg game has now set personal records for bank balance and company value.
I note that the number of years of maintenance in the bank is dropping,but there should be no trouble making it through the remaining 10 years to 1-1-2051.

The number of trains remains down from the peak and way short of Plonnville's (which also had about 3 times the track).
Attachments
MalbergMauveR.R.Co.,1stJan2041.sav
(4 MiB) Downloaded 39 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

I've been playing one game on and off since 2012, and I have 8.5Billion in the bank.

Though I do think I have finally messed it up by upgrading it to Cargo-dist, it wasn't designed for this!
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Malberg Mauve continues to set personal records (which Bundton & Malbourne won't break) for bank balance (14,480,144,826 GBP AFTER the deduction of year-end maintenance) and company value,and the 2048 profit of over 752 million is a new peak,but this game has not set records for gross revenue or (even close) for fleet or network size (it just has much better margins).

Maintain Tycoon status for another year and it should top my high-score chart.
Edit to add:
(I did,barely breaking the 2048 profit record in 2050 as well as extending balance and value records.Save is in the Scenarios and Saved Games board).
Attachments
MalbergMauveR.R.Co.,1stJan2050.sav
(4.02 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
Gelidis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gelidis »

I don't really play much offline, but on novapolis/citymania I've experienced some awesome games. The goal isn't really to earn the most money, but to grow a big city (=delivering as much cargo as possible). On our record games we reach a point where we need to deliver around 35k goods, 35k passengers, 18k coal, some mail and some valuables. The servers are limited to 400 trains, 400 road vehicles, 100 aircrafts, 5 airports and 25 ships. This means that much of the challenge is to build as effective as possible. The games last for 12 years, so everything is done in a relatively short time.

I've attached a link and the save game of the current highscore. In this game we were 5 players (Martin, solo, dp vGelder and myself). It's quite a mess getting our heads to think the same way, and a good plan is needed to get it right, but it's really fun seeing the network grow at lighting speed. :)

http://www.novapolis.net/gameinfo?game=50059
Attachments
50059_end.sav
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 40 times
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

I've lately looked up cargo-delivered records,since it's a big factor in games scored though the maximum is easily transcendable....my record so far is 742,000 or so by the Rartown game in 2050.

Return to “General OpenTTD”