Is it possible to know the value of an AI's infrastructure?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Fastphil
Engineer
Engineer

Is it possible to know the value of an AI's infrastructure?

Post by Fastphil »

Hi all,

I've always played in single player with two AIs as competitors. Because I play the same map for so long, I have a monopoly on almost everything, and that chokes out the AIs. Of course, they keep trying, and fail quickly enough. I was wondering though, because I occasionally buy them out just to get them out of the way if they're on land I need to use. The AIs usually have a loan of $17,200,000 before they go out of business, but sometimes they have a good bit of infrastructure built up. Does the value of the infrastructure ever outweigh the loan amount? How can I check this?

Phil
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Is it possible to know the value of an AI's infrastructure?

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Their market value would exceed their cash on hand by the value of their non-cash assets.
Fastphil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fastphil »

Baldy's Boss wrote:Their market value would exceed their cash on hand by the value of their non-cash assets.
Not sure I understand... do you mean the company value? It's almost always $2 when the company folds. I assume that since it can't go below $2, then the true value of the company is below zero? I've attached a screen shot of the company in question.
Attachments
Malney Bridge Transport, Oct 16th, 3214.png
(491.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Fastphil wrote:Does the value of the infrastructure ever outweigh the loan amount?
Surely the value of the infrastructure is subjective? :) Unless you mean the scrap value for selling the vehicles and lifting the track, in which case; probably not.

In the situation you mentioned, where the AI is blocking you, I'd be more inclined to just cheat into the AI company and remove the obstruction, rather than buy out the whole company...
Last edited by PikkaBird on 22 Sep 2015 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
Fastphil
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fastphil »

PikkaBird wrote:
Fastphil wrote:Does the value of the infrastructure ever outweigh the loan amount?
Surely the value of the infrastructure is subjective? :) Unless you mean the scrap value for selling the vehicles and lifting the track, in which case; probably not.
Yes, that's what I mean.

Return to “General OpenTTD”