Bringing back the standard trains...

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Monarch1st
Engineer
Engineer

Bringing back the standard trains...

Post by Monarch1st »

I've installed several train grf files that apparently override the standard trains, you know, the A4, X2001, the T.I.M.
Now we're well into the 21st century and no monorail has shown up, nor have any of the standard trains come to think of it. I rather like the old faithful SH 30 and X2001.

How do I get the standard trains back?
Sylf
President
President

Re: Bringing back the standard trains...

Post by Sylf »

You don't in your current game.

In the future game, you can add sets like NewGFX+ Trains which will let you have something similar to those default trains along with other trains that were added by other train NewGRFs.

If you insist that you want the default trains in your current game, then take this tip, and combine it with this.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

"Original vehicle names" does it for me.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Sylf wrote:In the future game, you can add sets like NewGFX+ Trains which will let you have something similar to those default trains along with other trains that were added by other train NewGRFs.
That would be OpenGFX+ Trains. It replaces the original OpenTTD trains with similar models that contain slightly improved graphics and statistical tweaks. :)
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

I note that in the attached game,the Kirby Paul/Collett Pannier tank engine is available in triplicate.
There are also UKRS "Tank" and "Pannier" engines and UKRS takes out the default set.

Am I correct that the smaller,more expensive to run "Kirby Paul" comes from OpenGFX+,the larger "Kirby Paul" comes from Trains 2CC,and the "Collett Pannier" identical to the latter comes from "Original vehicle names"?
Attachments
Sesninghill&FreawayR.R.Co.,1stJul1933.sav
(3.13 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
Monarch1st
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monarch1st »

kamnet wrote:That would be OpenGFX+...
That seems to do it!
I was confused, since the last install I had (BC - before the crash) had all the standard trains, but I can't now find out what grf files I had on it.
Actually, it had two of the new trains, at least the later trains. Almost, but not quite the same names, one expensive to run the other cheap to run. Guess which one I usually chose :)

Thanks everyone!

Return to “General OpenTTD”