Connection Stations

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Seres
Engineer
Engineer

Connection Stations

Post by Seres »

Hi there ppl

I got a question about stations, depots and so on.
Is it, for example, possible, to connect a dock to a station for trucks?
So that I can bring oil with a ship to land and then transport it via truck to a fabric?

Thx for help
Seres
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Connection Stations

Post by Alberth »

They're called "feeders", and we have some wiki about it https://wiki.openttd.org/Feeder_service
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Seres wrote:Hi there ppl

I got a question about stations, depots and so on.
Is it, for example, possible, to connect a dock to a station for trucks?
So that I can bring oil with a ship to land and then transport it via truck to a fabric?

Thx for help
Seres
Just build them on adjacent tiles. Then you'll see in the station name the symbols of the transport types attached to that station show up.
Seres
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Seres »

Oh ok. Thx guys. =)

Seres
Simons Mith
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Simons Mith »

There is also a 'remote join' setting you can turn on, and then Ctrl-left click allows you to join new station tiles that aren't adjacent to an established station. You get a pop-up menu listing all the stations in range. Also allows you to place a station adjacent to a different station without them auto-merging into one. This setting is sometimes useful when you need one platform up a hill from the other, or you have some other awkward shape to join. Can be abused though, if you don't exercise self-restraint, but some builders exploit it to make their stations or towns prettier.

wiki link: https://wiki.openttd.org/Distant-join_stations
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainrover »

Weeks ago, I came across somebody's screenshot showing a pair of nearly-adjacent intercontinental airports separated by 1 row/column of tiles. Trying this arrangement myself I get the error message too close to another airport. Is doing so no longer possible or must I adjust some advance game setting (I can't tell which 1 it be)?
Dave

Post by Dave »

More than likely this isn't allowed because town noise limits are on, which limit the number of airports you can build around a town.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

trainrover wrote:Weeks ago, I came across somebody's screenshot showing a pair of nearly-adjacent intercontinental airports separated by 1 row/column of tiles. Trying this arrangement myself I get the error message too close to another airport. Is doing so no longer possible or must I adjust some advance game setting (I can't tell which 1 it be)?
You can use Ctrl+Build to place two airports directly adjacent, just choose "Build a separate station":
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainrover »

Ah, right. Thank you..errrr, I hadn't tried that, I'd still been trying to connect the pair.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Supercheese wrote:
trainrover wrote:Weeks ago, I came across somebody's screenshot showing a pair of nearly-adjacent intercontinental airports separated by 1 row/column of tiles. Trying this arrangement myself I get the error message too close to another airport. Is doing so no longer possible or must I adjust some advance game setting (I can't tell which 1 it be)?
You can use Ctrl+Build to place two airports directly adjacent, just choose "Build a separate station":
On a slightly related note, is that a GRF to reverse the upper airport? I've not seen it before.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Chrill wrote:
Supercheese wrote:You can use Ctrl+Build to place two airports directly adjacent, just choose "Build a separate station":
On a slightly related note, is that a GRF to reverse the upper airport? I've not seen it before.
That's just OGFX+ Airports :) : viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47475
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Supercheese wrote:
The AI used this to build his airport abutting my train station! :evil:
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016

Return to “General OpenTTD”