OpenTTD-1.5.0

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Rollerghost
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenTTD-1.5.0

Post by Rollerghost »

kamnet wrote:If updating zBase doesn't resolve the issue (I don't use it, so no idea), then download the latest nightly for OpenGFX. Even if you're using zBase, any missing sprites will fall back on OpenGFX.
The problem now is that OpenTTD can't find zbase, even when the .zip-file is in the baseset folder.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Rollerghost wrote:
kamnet wrote:If updating zBase doesn't resolve the issue (I don't use it, so no idea), then download the latest nightly for OpenGFX. Even if you're using zBase, any missing sprites will fall back on OpenGFX.
The problem now is that OpenTTD can't find zbase, even when the .zip-file is in the baseset folder.
You'll need to unzip it. OpenTTD can read uncompressed .tar files, but not compressed .zip files.
Rollerghost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rollerghost »

kamnet wrote:
Rollerghost wrote:
You'll need to unzip it. OpenTTD can read uncompressed .tar files, but not compressed .zip files.
Thanks a lot, the error message is now gone :D
DarkenMoon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkenMoon »

Was the removal of seeds intentional? I don't see it mentioned anywhere, so..
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

DarkenMoon wrote:Was the removal of seeds intentional? I don't see it mentioned anywhere, so..
Yep, intentional. See: www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=72479
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

planetmaker wrote:That pretty much looks like a NewGRF bug - the newgrf defining a much too big, albeit transparent sprite.
It looks exactly the same with the "Little Cumbrae" from Squid:
depots2.png
depots2.png (10.62 KiB) Viewed 3027 times
It's strange if nobody else have noticed it. I'm running the x86_64 generic Linux binary with the OpenGFX 2014-11-09 graphics, if that means something.

Edit: I upgraded to OpenGFX 0.5.2-RC1 and it didn't help.
Last edited by leifbk on 08 Apr 2015 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

andythenorth wrote:Version 2.0.2 now on Bananas or http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/fish/releases/

----
----

*Fixes*

- Little Cumbrae Freighter and Frisco Bay Freighter sometimes hidden due to incorrect setting of replacement_id property
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

kamnet wrote:
andythenorth wrote:Version 2.0.2 now on Bananas or http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/fish/releases/

----
----

*Fixes*

- Little Cumbrae Freighter and Frisco Bay Freighter sometimes hidden due to incorrect setting of replacement_id property
I upgraded Squid to 2.0.2, and it didn't change a bit in this respect. I changed it in-game with the scenario_editor variable enabled, and then issued the "resetengines" command.

For what it's worth, I have exactly the same issue with the RV depots and the eGRVTS2. I don't think that it's an issue with the vehicles at all.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

1.5.0 when launched with no GFX baseset, downloads baseset OpenGFX-0.5.2RC1. However the download page at http://www.openttd.org/en/download-opengfx lists opengfx-0.5.0 as the latest GFX pack. Could this be fixed please? And possibly remove that "RC1" from OpenGFX-0.5.2, as it seems to be the final GFX pack release for 1.5.0.
zeldafan99
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zeldafan99 »

pelya wrote:1.5.0 when launched with no GFX baseset, downloads baseset OpenGFX-0.5.2RC1. However the download page at http://www.openttd.org/en/download-opengfx lists opengfx-0.5.0 as the latest GFX pack. Could this be fixed please? And possibly remove that "RC1" from OpenGFX-0.5.2, as it seems to be the final GFX pack release for 1.5.0.

yes, the game is automatically downloading and installing outdated version of OpenGFX for me, i would suggest this be fixed as soon as possible to avoid confusion to new players or people who simply dont have the time to figure out why there is an error every time the game starts.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

The page http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/opengfx/releases/ lists OpenGFX 0.5.2-RC1 as the latest one. Where can I download the actual latest OpenGFX?
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Okay thanks, I'll wait for the version number assigned to that OpenGFX release, instead of just an SVN commit number.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

pelya wrote:1.5.0 when launched with no GFX baseset, downloads baseset OpenGFX-0.5.2RC1. However the download page at http://www.openttd.org/en/download-opengfx lists opengfx-0.5.0 as the latest GFX pack. Could this be fixed please? And possibly remove that "RC1" from OpenGFX-0.5.2, as it seems to be the final GFX pack release for 1.5.0.
Version numbers of OpenTTD and OpenGFX are not related whatsoever, they're separate projects with totally unrelated repositories. A full release will be done in due time - there simply needed to be a version out which works with 1.5.0 without the proper time to tend all other small bugs. When OpenGFX 0.5.2 will actually be released, promise, it will be binary different to the RC1. Also: there's no subversion anywhere involved - the version assigned to nightly builds is derived from the date to spare users dealing with hexadecimal hashes and to allow sorting.

OpenTTD's official download link for OpenGFX indeed went without updated by accident, though.
GunChleoc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GunChleoc »

Rollerghost wrote:I em getting this error message when playing 1.5.0 with zbase. Is there a way to get rid of it? OpenttD 1.5.0 and Zbase was downloaded and installed yesterday, and according to the ingame download there are no updates available.
I just got the same error message. I used the Windows 64 bit installer and ticked all the boxes. The last version I had installed was 1.3.3, so it went into update mode.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

GunChleoc wrote:
Rollerghost wrote:I em getting this error message when playing 1.5.0 with zbase. Is there a way to get rid of it? OpenttD 1.5.0 and Zbase was downloaded and installed yesterday, and according to the ingame download there are no updates available.
I just got the same error message. I used the Windows 64 bit installer and ticked all the boxes. The last version I had installed was 1.3.3, so it went into update mode.
you might try to download and unzip to your baseset dir http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/zbuild/nightlies/LATEST/
GunChleoc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GunChleoc »

Does this mean that the default OpenGFX set is now always incomplete, or that there is a bug in the Windows installer?

I tried uninstalling and installing again, and the installer did download some graphics. I also tried the official zip package.

zBase is working. Maybe it should be the default set in the installer now, if OpenGFX is incomplete now?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

GunChleoc wrote:Does this mean that the default OpenGFX set is now always incomplete, or that there is a bug in the Windows installer?

I tried uninstalling and installing again, and the installer did download some graphics. I also tried the official zip package.

zBase is working. Maybe it should be the default set in the installer now, if OpenGFX is incomplete now?
The installer of OpenTTD was forgotten to be told about the updated OpenGFX and to deliver it with the newest release version. Use the ingame content download to update OpenGFX. We hope to fix the installer with the next release and hope to be able to update the web download for OpenGFX as well soonish.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

A FreeBSD port of 1.5.0 has now been released,but I've held off installing it.Sometimes ports get upgrades between releases (e.g. 1.5.0_1)...could this download error be addressed at that level?
(I play with zBase anyway).
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

BSD ports are maintained by port maintainers, not by OpenTTD dev team, so you should contact the port maintainer.

Return to “General OpenTTD”