Iron man mode...

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Swoop
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Iron man mode...

Post by Swoop »

So......?

9 downloads, wadda ya'all think of my map? It's my first so any tips from expert map makers?
Alexboy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alexboy »

Hi!

I just had a look, it looks really great! Just one question: why did you pick some cities to be on the map and not necessarily the biggest ones?
I see in France La Crèche, Marvejols, Louviers, Limoux, Pouancé (the accent seems to be missing on the "e"), there is even Corte in Corsica, which is amazing!! but no Lille or Bordeaux?
Swoop
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Swoop »

Alexboy wrote:Hi!

I just had a look, it looks really great! Just one question: why did you pick some cities to be on the map and not necessarily the biggest ones?
I see in France La Crèche, Marvejols, Louviers, Limoux, Pouancé (the accent seems to be missing on the "e"), there is even Corte in Corsica, which is amazing!! but no Lille or Bordeaux?

Ah. Yes, the first draft of the map had around 200 more towns than there currently is and it quickly became clear that there were way to many.....so both myself and Mario went through deleting a load and it looks like Mario deleted the big ones from the south of France. It's not his fault, like I said...he's a Geordie so as far as he's concerned the earth is flat and all foreign countries are a wasteland filled with bandits, pirates and people trying to sell you something.
Gankenstein
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gankenstein »

Swoop wrote:9 downloads, wadda ya'all think of my map?
Not that I'm any expert...I like it, however, and I have been wanting to play a Europe map for a long time (the others I downloded did not seem workable to me, e.g. heightmaps with lots of Europe under water). So I will have a go at this one.

Some of the rivers seem a bit short to me - IIRC I've seen river cargo traffic further down the Rhine than the Rhine is on your map, at least as far as Offenburg.

The scenario Europe v0.19FIRS.scn (http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=184300) seems to start on Jan 1, 1935, but didn't you start in 1900? I guess I can change the start date in scenario editor (must acquire scenario-fu!).

I see zero industries on the map, is that on purpose? and why does it then come with FIRS?

The NewGRFs I see are
- eGRVTSv2.0-r188
- FISH 0.9.2
- UK Railway Set (UKRS2)
- UK Railway Add-on Set (UKRS2+)
- FIRS 1.4.3
- Av9.8
Swoop
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Swoop »

slow reply, only just noticed.

Rivers are an absolute ball ache to do as they have do be done manually square by square......unless you like very straight rivers.

It comes with FIRS cos industry will auto populate as you play.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Very impressive map Swoop.

Any chance you could release?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Swoop
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Swoop »

Absolutely, if you'll give me a lazy idiots guide on how to do that...

Return to “General OpenTTD”