OpenTTD 1.5.0-beta1

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Gankenstein
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenTTD 1.5.0-beta1 - dual install

Post by Gankenstein »

If I install this alongside the stable version, will the two versions simply share "My Documents/OpenTTD" or is there anything I should know concerning where to place newGRFs and other possible additions?

(I am on Win7 64 bit and understand that dual install is simply achieved by unzipping/running the installer to a different target folder than other OpenTTD versions).
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: OpenTTD 1.5.0-beta1

Post by Alberth »

The readme explains it all (section 4.2 by the looks of it) http://vcs.openttd.org/svn/browser/tags ... readme.txt
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

For my reproducible map generation patch, I'm using DoCommandP with CMD_BUILD_OBJECT command, to build transmitter/lighthouse object. It is no longer working for 1.5.0-beta version.
Are object IDs (0 for transmitter and 1 for antenna) untouched?

More general question - how to inspect new object ID?
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

kamnet wrote:
McZapkie wrote:My openttd display warning about lack of sprites, I'm using opengfx base set, which set should be downloaded instead?
Download the latest OpenGfX Nightly: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/opengfx/nightlies/LATEST
I'm the only one that gets fugly UI icons at standard size with opengfx-5426?
Attachments
opengfx.png
opengfx.png (21.38 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Post by te_lanus »

LaDoncella wrote:
kamnet wrote:
McZapkie wrote:My openttd display warning about lack of sprites, I'm using opengfx base set, which set should be downloaded instead?
Download the latest OpenGfX Nightly: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/opengfx/nightlies/LATEST
I'm the only one that gets fugly UI icons at standard size with opengfx-5426?
No problem Here
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

Thanks for the update! Didn't think there would be much after CargoDist but I'm apparently wrong!

I like the "hide" feature best, but hiding them one-by-one seems time consuming. Any means to shorten the work?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

The hide feature was designed to make 'old' engines go away when there are newer engines with better stats.
Since this happens at a slow rate, the 'one at a time' solution is adequate.

If you find that you are not using significant parts of a newgrf, then perhaps it's time to talk to the author to add a switch to disable parts. Alternatively, you can see if there are other NewGRFs that address your needs in a better way, or you can make a new one.
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

Alberth wrote:The hide feature was designed to make 'old' engines go away when there are newer engines with better stats.
Since this happens at a slow rate, the 'one at a time' solution is adequate.

If you find that you are not using significant parts of a newgrf, then perhaps it's time to talk to the author to add a switch to disable parts. Alternatively, you can see if there are other NewGRFs that address your needs in a better way, or you can make a new one.

Well, I admit that I was using that feature in a well advanced game...
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

oh nice, a new release :) just finished updateing translation strings and fixed about 300 errors and some typos
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

Because you can not apply to have snow at least in the mountains in temperate climate?
So you play the game more realistic.
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

sunshare wrote:Because you can not apply to have snow at least in the mountains in temperate climate?
So you play the game more realistic.
It is possible with OpenGFX+ Landscape, setting high snowline + temperate grass in alpine
snow in temperate.png
snow in temperate.png (59.64 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

Thanks for responding, but does not work me, tells me it only works with Arctic climate.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Yes, you play in the Arctic environment. Before you start the game, change the settings in OpenGFX+ Landscape to use Temperate grass in Arctic Climate, and then set your snowline levels.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

I thought it was the other way around, that could be snow in the mountains in temperate
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

There was a patch that allows you to have snow in Temperate, but it has not been updated in a very long time and may not work unless you work on compiling it yourself.

OpenGFX+ Landscape, on the other hand, is just a NewGRF and not a patch. It can change the grass in Arctic to display as Temperate and modify the snowline level between summer and, among other things. This is the easiest route to take.
Rollerghost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rollerghost »

I have just started playing 1.5.0-beta 1, and I quite like what I see so far. But there is one thing I am wondering about. The sea level. I have chosen "very low" and the attached image shows how much water that is. I have tride to change it to manual, setting the level to as low as 5, but nothing changes.
minimap.png
minimap.png (16.86 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

By the looks of it, you're using the original map generator, which is quite limited.
How large is your map? What is your terrain type?

I can create similar maps at 64x128, or if I set the terrain type to "very flat".

You can try using the Terragenesis map generator, generate a bigger map, or a less flat map.
In general, play a bit with the parameter settings until it works for you.
Rollerghost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rollerghost »

Alberth wrote:By the looks of it, you're using the original map generator, which is quite limited.
How large is your map? What is your terrain type?

I can create similar maps at 64x128, or if I set the terrain type to "very flat".

You can try using the Terragenesis map generator, generate a bigger map, or a less flat map.
In general, play a bit with the parameter settings until it works for you.
I was using Terragenesis, with a map size of 256X512. And you were quite right, the setting of "very flat" gave that sea level. When I tried with "hilly" I got more like the result I was hoping for. But then I need to completely rearrange my mind to the way I lay rails. Going around hills is something I don't like much. I prefer the land as flat as possible. The Netherlands would be a great map for me. :)
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

You may want to try a few heightmaps then :)
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

kamnet wrote:There was a patch that allows you to have snow in Temperate, but it has not been updated in a very long time and may not work unless you work on compiling it yourself.

OpenGFX+ Landscape, on the other hand, is just a NewGRF and not a patch. It can change the grass in Arctic to display as Temperate and modify the snowline level between summer and, among other things. This is the easiest route to take.

Because you can get in arctic climate, tempered, and not vice versa?
t would be a goal at least get snow height and mountains

Return to “General OpenTTD”