Railroads! vs. Transport Tycoon review!

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Jof
Engineer
Engineer

Railroads! vs. Transport Tycoon review!

Post by Jof »

Hi guys, hope this is the right place to put this. If it needs moving or is deemed spamworthy then do with my post as you will!

We've just finished a review of Transport Tycoon vs. Sid Meier's Railroads using footage from OTTD. First I'd like to extend my gratitude for a marvelous project, breathing life into a game that I've loved since I was about 10 years old, and giving me a great engine to get lots of footage from. Secondly the review can be watched on YouTube here, and I thought some of you might enjoy it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEo56FG_xu0

We're always looking for feedback for our videos, so let us know if you liked it, or if there's anything you disagree with.

Thanks!
-Jof
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Railroads! vs. Transport Tycoon review!

Post by Baldy's Boss »

You ignore the availability of NewGRFs like UKRS and NARS which do offer the historically derived rolling stock!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Keep in mind that they were trying to compare original Transport Tycoon to Sid Meyer's Railroads. Original TT or TTD doesn't support NewGRFs at all.

One small niggle, in the beginning you introduce OpenTTD as "Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe", which is technically incorrect. OpenTTD is just OpenTTD. Definitely a great video, though.
Jof
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jof »

Thanks for the replies, guys! I assumed TTD was just an acronym >.<
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Naw, people here are afra...respectful of the LAW. ^^

Return to “General OpenTTD”