Default Human Player Type?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Geneo
Engineer
Engineer

Default Human Player Type?

Post by Geneo »

Total noob here. Just got openTTD and trying to play it.
Gone through and searched the wiki. Searched here. Went through all the options/advanced options of the game. No answer to my question.

When I start a new game, I start as a female player with pink vehicles. I know I can manually change to male, and then go to each type of vehicle and change the color, but what a pain. Is there a way to start the game as a male by default with different colored vehicles other than pink, or am I just missing something?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Default Human Player Type?

Post by Eddi »

you can save and load faces, but i don't think that includes the vehicle colours.
Geneo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Geneo »

Thanks, that's what I thought.
4 million options- but setting the default sex of human players and the colors of their vehicles isn't one of them. That's.... depressing.

But otherwise, cool game!
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

If you change the main color you shouldn't have to change all those individual colors as well, unless that's been changed recently ...
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Geneo wrote:and then go to each type of vehicle and change the color, but what a pain. I
You don't need to manually change the colour for each and every type of vehicle, that's unless you WANT each vehicle a different colour. Once you access the colour scheme screen just click directly onto colour scheme 1 or 2 and that will change the colour for the entirety of your fleet.
Geneo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Geneo »

Yes and no, they must have changed it. There is no "color scheme 1 or 2".
I click on the 'Display General Company Information' icon, and I can change the face, sex, name, etc, including the "Color Scheme". Clicking on that I can change the color of my company on the "New Color Screen". But clicking on the individual types (busses, trains, etc.) won't globally change the vehicle colors of that type. I still have to change those individually (steam, diesel, electric, etc. engines, and each kind of car).
That's the Bad News.

The Good News is I found out how to do it, in a way! :D
Select the type of transport (trains, busses, etc.) and then before selecting the color hold down the Ctrl key, then select the color. All the trains (or busses, etc.) listed will be changed at once!

Hope that tidbit helped some of you.
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Unless you enable a specific category, the company colour will be used for vehicles regardless of its category's livery.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.

Return to “General OpenTTD”