Forcing train to spesific platform.

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Rollerghost
Engineer
Engineer

Forcing train to spesific platform.

Post by Rollerghost »

I hav a station witj two platforms, one long (5 tiles), the other short (2 tiles). And I have three trains going to and forth, 2 five-tiles and 1 two-tiles long. Is there a way other than using waypoints to make sure the short train use the short platform? As it is now it takes the shortest route and often ends up on the long platform, thus making the long train having to use the short one, thereby getting a severe penalty in loading time.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Forcing train to spesific platform.

Post by Alberth »

Use a waypoint to direct them to the right platform.
Alternatively, if the short and long trains don't share cargo, you can use two different stations
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

you can open the console and change the pathfinder penalties for long and short platforms (do this at your own risk! changing penalties may cause issues at other places of your network)
Rollerghost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rollerghost »

Eddi wrote:you can open the console and change the pathfinder penalties for long and short platforms (do this at your own risk! changing penalties may cause issues at other places of your network)
Found that one, and the standard penalty works perfectly to make long trains avoid short platforms. Not sure though how much I dare to change things in the cfg.
JDCollie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JDCollie »

Rollerghost wrote:I hav a station witj two platforms, one long (5 tiles), the other short (2 tiles). And I have three trains going to and forth, 2 five-tiles and 1 two-tiles long. Is there a way other than using waypoints to make sure the short train use the short platform? As it is now it takes the shortest route and often ends up on the long platform, thus making the long train having to use the short one, thereby getting a severe penalty in loading time.

As mentioned, you can make two different platforms; just ctrl place the second one. It's not an elegant solution, but it would be effective.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

...or add a waypoint at the end of each platform. Would be better than creating separated stations, because that would hamper passengers changing trains (with cargodist) and also create really weird catchment areas...

Return to “General OpenTTD”