Finances Screen Configuration - Can groupings be changed?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JDCollie
Engineer
Engineer

Finances Screen Configuration - Can groupings be changed?

Post by JDCollie »

I noticed in the advanced options that the income and expenditures can be grouped on the finances screen. However, I'm not a fan of the default method or of the grouped way. I would like to group the income and expenditures by vehicle type, i.e., group the income and running cost of my trains together under a "Trains" heading.

I dug around a bit for a configuration option, but I can't find one. Is there a way to change the grouping or a NewGRF that allows that functionality?
JDCollie
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Finances Screen Configuration - Can groupings be changed

Post by JDCollie »

I guess not? :(
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Finances Screen Configuration - Can groupings be changed

Post by Alberth »

We already have 3 forms of the financial window. Adding a random other one may make you happy, but I don't want to do that until we have every permutation of every subset of the values, or until we have a custom financial window tailor made for each OpenTTD player.

If the 3 current forms aren't enough, feel free to adapt the window in a copy of the source code and compile it for personal use. Alternatively, make a system where every player can set up 'his' window in an easy way (which is probably a lot less easy than it sounds), and submit a patch.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.

Return to “General OpenTTD”